Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Mark Cerny “Road to the PS4″ live at Gamelab 2013

• 58 results
    Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Darji

@msavo said:

Just like John Carmack I could listen to Cerny talk for hours. This was great and really shows what they thought about while making the PS4 as a platform.

Yeah but unlike with Carmack you understand everything Cerny is saying. If Carmack goes on after a while you do not know what he is talking about anymore because he is getting so specific. Cerny is very easy to understand and it is a real joy listen to him. Sony really has found the best speaker in this whole industry and not only that he also designed their latest master piece. While Kevin Butler was a great marketing piece Cerny has the knowledge and the charisma.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#52  Edited By isomeri

Wow I'm watching this and how the fuck did PS3 find any success?

Kind of reminds me of the EA Sports analogy that the Bombcrew often use. "The thing from last year was a load of hot garbage, I mean how did anyone actually spend money on it? But this new thing is the bomb, I mean look at all the things we fixed from last time."

But that was a really interesting talk. I may be the only one who finds Cernys personality to be off-putting, but there is absolutely no denying his talent and insight in the industry. Actually listening to this made me want to buy a PS4 more than the two previous press conferences for the system.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Must say that Mark Cerny looks a bit like Dana Carvey.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I had never heard of him before the PS4 reveal, but he is one of my favorite person in the game industry now. I intended to go to sleep and just check this out a little bit, but obviously I got enthralled by him and watched the whole thing. A few hour sit down with Cerny and Jeff would probably be the best thing ever to happen.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna watch this later, thanks.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Seppli

Absolutely fascinating. Cerny's history is akin to the history of the videogames industry. Duder has been in there trucking from the start, and keeps going stronger. Hopefully that holds true for the industry at large as well.

Didn't think I'd sit through the whole 45 minutes presentation, but I did. Excellent public speaker. Great material.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Silver-Streak

Mark Cerny and Wil Wright have always been my favorite industry guys to hear speak/read articles they've written.

I'm willing to bet Sony's edge (if they gain one) this generation may end up being the fact that they've got this crazy Mark Cerny architect lead and Adam Boyes developer relations duo, not the fact that they're running better hardware or have a cheaper MSRP.

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Armoes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.