Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Playstation Experience

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
    gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They said they would be streaming 30 demos from the floor this weekend not sure when though.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Final Fantasy 7 was the best thing I saw on this show. I don't know who I am anymore.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Biggest thing out of that is how much more interesting FF7 Remake looks than I expected.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Kinda shocking how many MOBA Hero ShootersTM there are out there now. So many of these will fail miserably there just can't be that many people interested in playing them.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I preferred Anthony when he hosted science programs (he has a lot less self-control with games).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I thought that was a good show for exclusive games. FF 7 Remake, Nioh, and Ni No Kuni II all looked great.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By glots

@quarters said:

And where is Sony Bend? What the heck have they been working on?

Guess they still haven't perfected the way that Logan runs in.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lots of cool things at the show. FF7 Remake looks surprisingly good (and further along than I expected), 100 ft Robot Golf looks ridiculous, Ace Combat VR will be great, Rez VR will probably cause vomitting, Last Blade 2 is real good, Ni No Kuni 2 is out of no where and I'm super stoked.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am hype for Nioh! That game looks so good.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Ace Combat 7, I usually don't get excited over announcements but holy shit Ace Combat 7

gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they say Nuclear Thrones is available today?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"strong moba influence" - that's "it's a moba" from someone who doesn't like moba's

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when Nuclear Throne hits the PS store? I just checked and nothing new there yet. That was the biggest announcement of the show for me, really want to check that game out.

gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technician: Same here, ever since I saw it on Giant Bomb iv wanted to play it!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

There was a lot of exciting announcements. I'm stoked.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cooperb212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 becoming the Xbox 360, Exlusive dlc, better graphics and no exclusive first party games.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggest take aways for me were FFVII Remake, Ni No Kuni 2, and Death's Gambit. The VR stuff seemed a lot like Microsoft's "no hey seriously, the kinect is cool" stuff.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni No Kuni 2

REZ

That Ubisoft multiplayer bird VR simulator thing.

Those are the things I am most interested in from this.

Seriously though another moba game? Even if it's a shooter, I don't have much interest in it. If I was willing to put my time into that it would be DOTA2 anyway.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Who thought it was a good idea to end a show in 2015 with a moba announcement...

Pretty good show otherwise.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FF7R looks so good, I'm glad it is Crisis Core style, it is what I dreamed of but not a risk I thought they would take.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Technician

I kinda liked the Paragon trailer. Can't go wrong with M83 (it was M83 right?). I'm not excited for the game though. Not yet, at least.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

highlights:

• Uncharted still looks incredible and now has dialogue choices
    • FF7 remake looks surprisingly awesome and is an action-RPG
    • Ratchet and Clank seems delightful
    • Nioh looks rad as fuck
    • Ace Combat 7 exists
    • Rez in VR
    • Evangelion parody golf game
    • Sparrow racing while getting shot at
    Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the whole thing was pretty underwhelming. It started promisingly enough with a small snippet from Uncharted 4 and with some gameplay from the FF7 remake. After that the rest of the playstation experience seemed to be mostly about remastered games and about Indy games which came out on PC 1 or 2 years ago.

Not sure that people bought a ps 4 so they can play PC based indy games or mobile based games on a console. Would have kinda wished some more game announcements from the Sony first party developers.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on reddit are arguing about the release date for FFVII remake. Some seem to think its next gen. Looks to me like its the XV engine and will probably come out in mid 2017

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo: Wait, next gen as in they think it's gonna come out on PS5 and XBone 2? Cos those are things that will never be released.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys this was a ps fan service event, not E3. They are not going to drop big bombs after bombs here. What we got was already a lot more than we should have gotten. And if I had to guess, they cut about 10min at the end of the show that was probably saved for ps2 classic announcement that was leaked earlier this week. About right show for this type of fan event.

ps. FF7Remake look stupid good.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't really do anything for me personally. Ratchet is probably the only exclusive I feel I'm missing out on. The FF7 remake looks pretty good, but it's a timed exclusive.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I would be more optimistic about the combat change in Final Fantasy 7 if Japanese Square had ever made a good action game, but they havent, and not for lack of trying.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I walk away and they announce Ni No Kuni 2. I'm so hype right now.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nuclear Throne and the FFVII Remaster are up on the store now.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ace Combat 7 and Yakuza 0. Well I'm getting a PS4 now. I had some worries that Ace Combat 7 might be made slower by VR requirements but it seems that it's only added in exclusive features for PSVR. Wonder if that means a potential PC release... that would be fantastic. Shame about Yakuza 0 not being confirmed for Europe though but apparently physical is confirmed so looks like it might be an import for me.

Now to get those PS2 Ace Combat games to PS4!

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed like a decent show. Certainly more than I expected.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame they didn't talk at all about the PS2 Emulation stuff. Sony have handled that stuff in such a weird way. I was hoping for another trailer that would add even more games to the 'coming soon' slate.

Ni No Kuni II and Yakuza Zero were awesome announcements.

Paragon is one of if not the worst closers to a game conference ever. I couldn't have cared less about it, looks generic and is company 356 trying to cash in on the MOBA craze and they will fail because it's not DOTA or LOL. Sony messed up big time not finishing with Ni No Kuni.

Also fuck that Crash Bandicoot shirt tease!

planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By planetfunksquad
    glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame they didn't talk at all about the PS2 Emulation stuff. Sony have handled that stuff in such a weird way. I was hoping for another trailer that would add even more games to the 'coming soon' slate.

They might still throw something like that out there tomorrow, since the whole thing ends on sunday. Have to keep checking PSN Blog, I suppose.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#188  Edited By SSully
    AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought that was a pretty cool show. There were certainly some things I couldn't care less about, some trailers that showed no hint of gameplay, and that botched VR demo was downright tragic - but there were some good surprises, and plenty of goofy-ass shit, which I feel like VR is going to encourage a lot of developers to swing for, if nothing else.

FF7 seems to be making a surprisingly robust effort to justify its existence, Ace Combat might be cool, and you know, 100-Foot Robot Golf. With VR Corgis and Evangelion references. Also, I am excited at the concept of Zombie Crazy Taxi with dumb physics gags, despite myself.

For an event that didn't exist at all two years ago, it did a good job.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking back it wasn't that bad, but I was actually disappointed when it finished. I was hoping for some (surprise) first party reveal, but not even that new God of War was showed.

Ah yea, that Hob game from Runic was looking pretty interesting at least and Ni No Kuni 2 looks amazing.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@planetfunksquad: Yep. They think SE has too many games and not enough done to get it out on the PS4/XBO.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: It straddled the weird line between E3 press conference and Blizzcon-like community event. There were some announcements that were great fits, but most of them were really strange.

The "here's some more details / footage from a game we showed you earlier this year!" announcements from stuff like Uncharted, FF7 and SFV? Good fit. Exclusive content from Sony's third party partners for, ugh, Playstation Nation? Good fit. Tetsuya Mizuguchi showing off Rez Infinite and Namco Bandai announcing Ace Combat 7? Wouldn't these have been a better fit for their anemic TGS showing? Are Battleborn and Paragon really something that the Playstation Nation want and are interested in?

I would honestly say that this PSX was weirdly more corporate than last year's? There's nothing wrong in being proud of being the number 1 platform this generation, but showing off your co-marketing deals for Black Ops 3 and Destiny and allowing Gearbox and Epic Games to pitch their MOBA clones just feels off somehow.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

OKAY!

Got home from work and just finished watching the event.

Pretty awesome I'd say. There are too many games these days. I have a stack of unopened games sitting next to me because I've been too busy playing all the other great new games. And I watch this event or even the Game Awards show and am reminded of all this great looking new stuff still on the way. Its craaaaazy.

So much stuff at the playstation event that peaks my interest. Lots of unique art styles. I can't even remember all of it. Ni No Kuni 2 came from no where and I didn't get that far in the first one, for no particular reason, but man did it look and sound incredible which shows Japan can still flex its unique JRPG muscles if more devs would just give it a shot again. The samurai-esque Souls looking game (Noai? something) seems potentially awesome. Death's Gambit in the Adult Swim segment looked good. Never played a Ratchet and Clank game before but very interested in this new one. Oh and omg that Zodiac game.. Looked fantastic in the style of Vanillaware's stuff but possibly more like a traditional RPG or in the style of classic FF? Anything that leans a bit back into the golden era of JRPGs stuff could be great. Hob looked interesting, Guns Up (going to download now and play it.. eventually.. maybe.. in between all the other games.) That Brutal ascii-styled game seems like maaaybe Gauntlet type gameplay but with a unique art style.

I did comment earlier that, based on seeing comments about FF7 while I was at work, I was pretty down on it but having seen the trailer, it does look good and they barely showed any actual gameplay so the combat system may not be just like 15, which I'm not a fan of so far based on watching people play it.

And still very excited by the potential of VR.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Every time Pitchford tries to drum up enthusiasm for Battleborn by namedropping Borderlands all over the place, it bums me out. Drawing attention away from your new IP by constantly evoking thoughts of a much better designed and established IP is really not the way to go.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff said:

Keeping this slightly Giant Bomb related...

Id kill for the silver suit Miz wore in the Keynote.

planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gvalo said:

@planetfunksquad: Yep. They think SE has too many games and not enough done to get it out on the PS4/XBO.

Then they are fucking dusted.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SaFt

Finally a release date for Yakuza!

Looks like they've got their shit together and won't release Yakuza Zero way too late like they've done with all the previous games. Also i really, really hope they'll release a physical copy.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan_citi said:
    @gaff said:

Keeping this slightly Giant Bomb related...

Id kill for the silver suit Miz wore in the Keynote.

I kinda feel bad they didn't call him out.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't wait to ply Ni No Kuni and I really want to see more of Nioh. FFVII looks like it's going to be really fun but I wanna see how exactly the party management works. That Yakuza 0 trailer made me laugh a couple of times so that looks like it could be fun. I'd say this was a pretty damn good show right here, especially for a PSX.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.