Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

I dislike the UI in this game.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

I'm playing the beta at the moment and man is the UI in this real generic/bad. Anyone else feel this way?

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Berserker976

It's an outdated UI they've been using for the betas, I think the actual one will be a lot better.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By me3639

I played maybe 15 minutes and i kept losing my character all the time(so much chaos). Probably becasue ...i suck, but its just not my type of game. From a UI perspective it's a little generic but i found it to be ok.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Didn't like it at first, as with most of the game, but soon enough I warmed up to it. It serves it's purpose well enough. Tells me the levels, good enough color distinction between them, bigger numbers for higher levels too, and as long as I make it a point to notice what player number I am I don't lose track of myself in-game. Also the increased glow per level is too subtle to be worth much and mostly just prompts me to check that players meter rather then get right away what they're packing. Not having a constant scoreboard isn't a big deal, since you often get a sense of how players are doing as you play. I would like if the AP increase and decrease numbers were bigger though. But all-in-all it wasn't a problem after a half day of playing.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Otacon

From the beta quick look that's the first thing I noticed and it really put me off. For a game that is supposedly quirky and full of personality the menus are sterile and generic and that leads me to question the overall package. Never judge on a beta though,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.