Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

How bad is the psp 3000 screen interlacing/scanline issue?

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aceedkins

I've heard from some people that it is really quite bad, and from others that's overblown as hell. What do Giantbombers think?

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By aceedkins

Anyone?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Its there but I don't really find it too big of a deal

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By DrRandle

I will bump this, for I too am wanting to upgradify my PSP and am not knowing for sure. I am also loving the Mario and Luigi games too much.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

I own one and have no idea what you're talking about.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

I wouldn't buy another PSP if you already have one, but I have a 3000 and it's not bad. Screen's fine, it's lightweight, pretty cool system. 

BAttery life is beyond acceptable though. The PSP isn't really a portable system in that sense. I can't take it more than a foot from my house without having to charge it, it seems.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By DrRandle
    @XII_Sniper: I've got a first-run and it's not in the best of health right now. I'd also like one that weighs a little less.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Darkstar614

I also own one and have no idea what you're talking about. The screen looks pretty awesome, as always, to me.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
    @XII_Sniper said:

" I can't take it more than a foot from my house without having to charge it, it seems. "

That might be a battery issue. If you're still covered under the warranty go get a new battery. My first PSP battery lasted for about five hours with the lowest brightness setting, my second around four. Only on the third did I get a good battery that lasted for over six hours (as advertised), which is still appalling, but is a little more acceptable than four hours.

EDIT: To actually answer the topic, I don't think it's much of an issue. People always over dramatize that stuff. You may notice it, but it's a case of adapting to the visuals. For a long time I couldn't handle the dithering on most PSP games, but after I'd adapted, it was alright.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By ZenaxPure

I can't say I have seen one in action but looking at comparison pictures on the internet it looks horrible, enough I never wanted to get a 3000. That aside the 3000 didn't add jack I wanted anyway. 2000 works fine, for me that is.

aceedkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aceedkins
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " I can't say I have seen one in action but looking at comparison pictures on the internet it looks horrible, enough I never wanted to get a 3000. That aside the 3000 didn't add jack I wanted anyway. 2000 works fine, for me that is. "
    Yeah. Pictures like this are very off putting... It seems that the issue may have been blown way out of proportion given some of your reactions.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ
    @ZanzibarBreeze: You know that's entirely possible. I bought it used, so that probably explains it. I just heard nothing but malice towards that battery life before so I assumed it was normal.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

if you have a 2000 then you can tell the difference if not then you dont notice.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
    @aceedkins said:
    Pictures like this are very off putting... It seems that the issue may have been blown way out of proportion given some of your reactions. "
    Hmmm. That's really only visible if you hold the PSP a quarter of an inch away from your eyes. I can't imagine anybody holds the screen that close. I always hold it a foot or two away from me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.