Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Sony Busts Out A Gang Of Digital PSP Games For PSPgo Launch

• 74 results
    AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By AllanIceman

Perhaps it's time I dust of my PSP-1000.

hallgren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By hallgren

Just picked mine up and was pleasantly surprised to see a voucher code for unplugged! So that makes the GO about $210, not great but a better value than what I thought I would be paying!
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By tomance

I can't wait to see the beaterator QL, that "game" looks pretty interesting.

Ooame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Ooame

Look at all these games! *checks psn store* ... and their not in european store fantastic!

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By Bartman3010

I'm quite tempted to get some of those downloadable games. Provided that I dont have to change my firmware. *Cough*

Also, you can still download all that stuff to a regular PSP Model. All the movies and games you'd ever want. Really, dont bother with a Go. Just dont. Ever.

piderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By piderman
    @Ooame said:
    " Look at all these games! *checks psn store* ... and their not in european store fantastic! "
    Aye. But I just saw Rockband Unplugged for 4 euros or so. I have it on UMD, but it might be worth checking out (if it isn't a typo) :P
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Addfwyn

I'm looking at getting one, I just have a PSP-1000 so it's a notable upgrade (Yeah, I could get a PSP-3000, but it lacks in the shiny) 

I appreciate the form factor, the lack of needing to carry around UMDs or extra memory sticks (it's a portable system, I don't want to carry around an entire setup with me) and the newness.  But the price point just rubs me the wrong way.  I don't mind the obsoleting of most of my UMDs, there's only a couple of the old ones I still play.  I just wish the device were $199 instead of $250.  Getting it just below $200 would make a big deal to me. 

So yeah, in my opinion it is a great device.  Slightly wrong price point that is gonna have me hold off for a bit.  

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By PLWolf

I seriously wish I had the money to get a PSP:Gp. Cause I'd get it, go home and DL like 10 of these games, on top of add all the games I already have on my current PSP-2000.

Ooame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ooame
    @piderman:  But i need my persona fix!
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By mattysen

I like how theres a section for Square Enix, but only Thexder Neo there.

The King of Fighters Collection ($19.99)
    Metal Slug Anthology ($19.99)
    SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 ($19.99)
    Samurai Showdown Anthology ($19.99)

SQUARE ENIX

THEXDER NEO ($9.99)

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By FCKSNAP

So yeah, last night I bought some games totaling over $45, and I made sure I didn't double-dip into anything I didn't already own ('cept Tetris, you need Tetris on every machine you own). Sorry Uncharted 2, you'll have to wait till next year.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By m1k3

Cant wait to get home from work and start DL'ing games on my Go. still waiting for it to get delivered today at work lol.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By zitosilva

With this year's line up, I'm finally considering getting a PSP (so far I've been using my brother's). The weird thing is that, if I do indeed buy, I'll mostly definitely get a 3000. The Go offers no interest to me whatsoever.

pictoben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pictoben

Semi Related Rant: 

Ok, so against my better nature I went and hocked in my PS-P3000 and a buch of games (including Batman which I finished earlier this week) for a shiny white psp go. 

I had no plans to do this, but was suddenly tipped over the edge by a news article on the new 'good will' programe Sony is offering, this is the one (available to EU users anyway) where if you can prove you own at least one UMD you can make yourself eligible for 3 free download titles from the PSN. That on top of the GT promotion did it for me. 

I got back home tonight and fired it up. The usual Sony MO applied here: 

step one - day one firmware updgrade (we've gone from v6.00 to v6.10 this week) 
    Set up my PSN on the Go. 
    Become slightly alarmed that there is ZERO mention of the free download offer. 
    Download the free GT Theme (wondering if I've just completely read everying wrong for the last few weeks). 
    Install Media Go, in case the download is activated via that. 
    Instal day one update for the Media Go software (so that is will 'work with the psp go' - come on Sony) 
    nothing there. 
    check the internet - realise you get e-mailed a code once you down load the theme. 
    check e-mail - nothing there. 
    check sony small print - they will 'endeavour' to send you a download code within 30 days of the expiry of the pormotional offer
    So my reward for being suckered in to being a day one adopter is the potential of a 40 day wait to be able to play GT Mobile

I think I speak for everyone in the UK who's busy putting two and two together this evening when I say; 

You fuckers Sony. You absolute Fuckers.  

Oh, and you can only take up the three downloads offer if you still own your disc based psp, so that you can boot up the store with a disc in the slot on the same PSN account, meaning Sony fully expected everyone to go out an buy a PSP Go, while still keeping their earlier disc based hardware.

So I'm shafted there as well really.  

I honestly feel like I've been scammed out of my money.

And guess what, I was just digging out a phone number so I could ask some pointed questions when guess what I spotted in the T&Cs? 

13.    The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify any person whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the promotion.   

If that's not a blatant admission that they're fully aware of what a shoddy promotional offer this is then I don't know what it is. 

Um, those sentiments aside Jeff, you go for gold my good man. I'm sure it will be great once I get the problems above straightened out.
    brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By brydello

Must buy Prinny.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Manachild

That list is huge compared to what they actually released on the Australian and UK PSN store is Miniscule. :(

growl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By growl
    @Manachild said:
    " That list is huge compared to what they actually released on the Australian and UK PSN store is Miniscule. :( "
    I bought Prinny... Not that hot
    fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By fynne

Wow!!  Sony's serious about this download "thing"!!!  I have a big UMD library so I won't be getting a GO but I may just have to fork out some cash for a 16GB memory stick.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jiggah
    @Pictoben said:
    "
    Semi Related Rant: 

Ok, so against my better nature I went and hocked in my PS-P3000 and a buch of games (including Batman which I finished earlier this week) for a shiny white psp go. 

I had no plans to do this, but was suddenly tipped over the edge by a news article on the new 'good will' programe Sony is offering, this is the one (available to EU users anyway) where if you can prove you own at least one UMD you can make yourself eligible for 3 free download titles from the PSN. That on top of the GT promotion did it for me. 

I got back home tonight and fired it up. The usual Sony MO applied here: 

step one - day one firmware updgrade (we've gone from v6.00 to v6.10 this week) 
    Set up my PSN on the Go. 
    Become slightly alarmed that there is ZERO mention of the free download offer. 
    Download the free GT Theme (wondering if I've just completely read everying wrong for the last few weeks). 
    Install Media Go, in case the download is activated via that. 
    Instal day one update for the Media Go software (so that is will 'work with the psp go' - come on Sony) 
    nothing there. 
    check the internet - realise you get e-mailed a code once you down load the theme. 
    check e-mail - nothing there. 
    check sony small print - they will 'endeavour' to send you a download code within 30 days of the expiry of the pormotional offer
    So my reward for being suckered in to being a day one adopter is the potential of a 40 day wait to be able to play GT Mobile

I think I speak for everyone in the UK who's busy putting two and two together this evening when I say; 

You fuckers Sony. You absolute Fuckers.  

Oh, and you can only take up the three downloads offer if you still own your disc based psp, so that you can boot up the store with a disc in the slot on the same PSN account, meaning Sony fully expected everyone to go out an buy a PSP Go, while still keeping their earlier disc based hardware.

So I'm shafted there as well really.  

I honestly feel like I've been scammed out of my money.

And guess what, I was just digging out a phone number so I could ask some pointed questions when guess what I spotted in the T&Cs? 

13.    The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify any person whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the promotion.    If that's not a blatant admission that they're fully aware of what a shoddy promotional offer this is then I don't know what it is.  Um, those sentiments aside Jeff, you go for gold my good man. I'm sure it will be great once I get the problems above straightened out. "
    I like how it's Sony's fault that you didn't actually read any of the promotional notes.  You HEARD so you went.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MrKlorox

Eh... a lot of that would look so much nicer if there was a second thumbnub. Would check out beaterator if it wasn't coming to iphone later. Would get GTA CW if it were out.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Media_Master

That's a long list of games for download.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Linkyshinks

Dammit, I was expect Capcom to release Darkstalkers...I think I'll hold off getting one until they do.

Andrwmorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Andrwmorph

Do yourself a favor and get an older PSP that you can install custom firmware on. I've been carrying around my launch PSP for like 4 years now with literally thousands of games on it.

Avatar image for julianroberts009
    julianroberts009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By julianroberts009

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.