Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Anyone have a extra ps3 code

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MatthewMontiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MatthewMontiel

I rented the game but i wanna play it on my mac anyone have a code that they are not gonna use i would love to have it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

...that code is valued at at least 50 bucks.  I don't think anyone wouldn't use it for their Steam account and loads of places are selling the PS3/PC version for 25 bucks right now.

MatthewMontiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MatthewMontiel

who is selling it for $25 bucks i have looked everywhere.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By zero_

That's not how it works is it? I thought PS3 users link it up to their Steam accounts, so there's no 'code' or voucher of sorts?

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By KarlPilkington

Desperate much?

MatthewMontiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MatthewMontiel
    @Zero_ said:
    " That's not how it works is it? I thought PS3 users link it up to their Steam accounts, so there's no 'code' or voucher of sorts? "
    i thought it was the same way but its just letting me sync to my account 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MatthewMontiel: ...so you have the game and you need another code?
    indus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By indus
    @Zero_ said:

" That's not how it works is it? I thought PS3 users link it up to their Steam accounts, so there's no 'code' or voucher of sorts? "

Yeah, I believe that not many people will try to sell their extra copies because the game locks itself to a steam account just like any PC title on steam. If you think about it, this is a possible solution to piracy issues and used game sales that publishers hate.  I'm not sure if the PS3 version is playable without Steam authentication but I could be wrong. 
    Quoted from 'here'

"  In the spirit of Steam Play, linked players of the PS3™ version of Portal 2 can also access and play their copy of Portal 2 on any PC or Mac by redeeming an in-box access code on their computer. The Steam client verifies the linked customer and then lists Portal 2 among their library of Steam games for PC and Mac. "
    BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By BrittonPeele

So you rented the game but want a free code for the full version? I don't blame you, but asking for that is kind of greedy.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Sargus said:
    " So you rented the game but want a free code for the full version? I don't blame you, but asking for that is kind of greedy. "
    Oh shit I didn't know he rented it.  Damn I fail at reading.

OP:  Don't be cheap, you can get Portal for 25 bucks at many locations.  You knew damn well you couldn't link up with Steam with a used/rented copy.
    RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RussianDrink
    @MatthewMontiel said:
    " I rented the game but i wanna play it on my mac anyone have a code that they are not gonna use i would love to have it. "
    Well that's your problem right there. I don't think you understand how PC/Mac gaming works. You can't rent games, you can only buy them or pirate them. But to answer your question, they have extra codes here and here.
    suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By suikoden352

i rented my copy and they put the codes with the rental boxes so i yanked a couple extra ones. they are already called for though by a couple of my friends. good luck to ya on findin an extra code though, bro.

MatthewMontiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MatthewMontiel
    @suikoden352: yeah they didn't leave any of the codes in the boxes this time, if i could find it for $25 bucks like everyone is saying i would buy it hands down but i don't wanna spend $60 on it .
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By AlexW00d
    @MatthewMontiel said:
    " @suikoden352: yeah they didn't leave any of the codes in the boxes this time, if i could find it for $25 bucks like everyone is saying i would buy it hands down but i don't wanna spend $60 on it . "
    Is it really $60 on Steam? I got it for £27, which is about $40... Yay being English for once.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.