Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

So mobile PUBG is out...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I haven't seen any talk about it here yet, which seems a little strange to me. It's live on Android and iOS, and is a free download.

I played some yesterday and managed to get a couple kills and 12th place I think. The touch controls, while clearly not ideal, were surprisingly decent. That said I just read an article on Gamespot talking about how matches are potentially being populated by bots, so that seems lame. It was my first time playing any type of PUBG, though, and I guess it's a little easier to see the appeal when you're in there feeling the tension as opposed to just watching someone else. I still don't think it's quite my thing, but I may keep playing for a bit.

Anyone else here give it a try?

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played a match of this last night and I've also played some of Fortnite on iOS and as of right now I'll say that PUBG is the better game of the 2. The controls on both games aren't great but I find them to be better and more responsive on PUBG. I also found the text borderline unreadable in Fortnite. Also seems like PUBG has at least some form of progression where as Fortnite really doesn't (at least in the beta).

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Downloaded it, had it crash 3 times in a row while trying to load up. Looked up what could be the problem and turns out anyone who uses a 5s will have this issue. Don't bother downloading it till version 0.4.0 is out if your a 5s user.

Avatar image for tigerface_killah
    Tigerface_Killah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, here I was feeling pretty good getting 1st place in my first ever game of this last night. I guess starting newer players off with some bots makes a bit of sense.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won my first match with 8 kills, some players definitely feel like bots with the way they move, then shoot, then move again. That said the touch controls are shockingly decent, and the Splatoon-style gyroscope aiming helps too. It's free, so I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@travisrex said:

Yeah and in case anyone comes in here wondering...i read on another forum that in pubg they put you with bots and slowly filter real players in as you get more experience. Pretty genius if you ask me. Havent played it myself.

So, maybe this is just my staunchly anti-competitive, anti-social personality talking.

But.

I totally kind of want a bot match mode in the other retail versions of PUBG.

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goboard: It crashed a bunch for me at first but eventually I got in. I was using a iPod Touch.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msouza1991: Looked a little further and it seems like the compatibility list in the app store isn't correct for the current version out. It's not a bug, but that version 0.3.2 doesn't support the 5s and version 0.4.0 brings support for that model.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MobiusFun

So uhh...

Does the mobile version run better than the XB1 version? That'd be kinda messed up, right?

Just looked up footage of both versions. I didn't realize the XB1 version was patched to be decent. Also, I kinda like the PS2-lookin buildings in the mobile version.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sure it's live on Android? Not showing up at all on mine.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sure it's live on Android? Not showing up at all on mine.

Just search "PUBG" in the Google Play store. Should show up. That or "PUBG Mobile".

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By nickhead

Just played and won my first game - my buddy and I had 12 kills total. I jumped on PUBG pretty quick after GB started playing and I've only got to top 5 a handful of times. It seemed very easy to kill people, especially with that handy auto aim, so bots? Not hard to believe.

That said, this is impressive and is still fun. I like Fortnite too and wish I could check that out for comparison.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a game. Thought it worked pretty well all things considered.

Avatar image for terminallychill
    terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By terminallychill

I got my first chicken dinner last night and then woke up to see all these headlines about how the game starts you off with bots for a while. I definitely was up against players too but did anyone else read about this?

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, it makes sense that it's populated by bots then. They're profoundly stupid bots. I've played four games, won 3 of them, and have a KDR of 35.00 right now. I also played a squad game by myself that I almost won. Hopefully it starts putting me up against real players soon because I don't want to keep playing this if it's going to be this easy. All things said, this is clearly not an optimal way to play a game like this, but it's weirdly fascinating in how accurate it is to the actual game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So uhh...

Does the mobile version run better than the XB1 version? That'd be kinda messed up, right?

Just looked up footage of both versions. I didn't realize the XB1 version was patched to be decent. Also, I kinda like the PS2-lookin buildings in the mobile version.

"Decent" is still relative, I'm afraid. The Xbox version runs okay in spits, but not consistently.

Loading Video...

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By fram

I downloaded it this morning on a whim and got a chicken dinner in my first game! I'm no PUBG expert, but my game was definitely populated with bots; the last 7 or so players all died to the playzone. Still it controlled well enough and ran ok too, though I don't see when I'd ever want to play this over the console/pc version. The matches last just as long on mobile and I don't plan on my bathroom visits extending beyond a half-hour.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

First game, chicken dinner. Mobile players ain't shit :P

Avatar image for terminallychill
    terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like playing it on mobile because I'd never played pubg before (don't have the means to build a PC at the moment). But I hope in the future they show you who is a bot and who isn't off the bat.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah they definitely are bots. The last guy in my game was human because he was naked like me and didn't just stand still like an idiot. I still killed him and won though.

Works surprisingly well on mobile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.