Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pure

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Pure is an offroad racing game from the creators of the ATV Offroad Fury and MotoGP series. The game puts an emphasis on performing tricks and customizing ATVs with special parts.

Anyone Else Getting this game?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Not the biggest ATV fan... in fact I hardly watch or play games based on it. But I thought the Pure demo was great and I can imagine it being brilliant online if it all runs well. Plus there seems to be a solid amount of tracks on offer. Was wondering if anyone else will be picking up PURE when it gets release at the end of the month?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

It looks good but I really don't know yet.

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By j_meyer_13

Don't think I'll buy it, but yeah, the demo was pretty cool.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kilzombie

Demo was cool, if it has splitscreen, then I might consider getting it.

AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AnTiPRO

I enjoyed the demo and I might be getting the game. I might have to rent it to see how many people play online before I make a decision.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

From what I've seen it looks to be pretty fun, but I still have to download the demo already.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Yit

I'm thinking gamefly.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nik_NYG

The demo seems fine, but I'm not gonna bother with pure.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

I just tried the demo...I found it to be alright. It's kind of fun, but it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Player1

Unlikely, the tricks don't look that compelling, and I'm not into atv games at all. I heard its madly fast paced, which would be cool. 

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Here's my thoughts:

When I first heard the Pure demo was out, I rushed to my PS3 to download this sucker. I loved Motorstorm, and I was hoping for Pure to be similar.. BUT, I found Pure to be too much like Motorstorm except with some minor features and gameplay elements stripped out of it and a few new things tacked on.

First thing I noticed were the music selections.... many of them were also on Motorstorm. Since I've already played the original Motorstorm for hours I found these songs to be a bit stale. Then, as the game started showing the 'opening trailer' at the select screen, I noticed some courses that were very similar to Motorstorm's, such as the track with all hot air balloons......

So, I decided to forget about it and I went and played it for 20 minutes.

Here's what I didn't like-

1) You can only select ATV's. This, in my opinion, is a major letdown. Racing on a track along with bikes, trucks, cars, and ATV's (I know there's more but I forget.) was what made the game feel so chaotic and fun. And what made this even better was the fact that you had to change your racing style and paths whenever you used a different veichle.

2) As I said before, the music seems like it was ripped from the original Motorstorm. 

3) The announcer guy sounds too Disneyish, if you know what I mean. Wish I turn his ******* voice OFF. (The game was developed by Disney.....)

4) The characters on the ATV's look like skinny little preteens... which makes the game feel way too innocent for me.

5) The tricks aren't fun at all.... which is a shame, because the game puts a lot of emphasis on them. As you race, you have to 'unlock' tricks. And if you crash, you lose all of the tricks unlocked and you have to unlcok them again..... feels way too restricted.

6) Worst of all, the impact and slow-mo crash scenes are NOT THERE. This drops so much of that chaotic feeling I felt from Motorstorm in the toilet. The crash scenes are so brief in this game, there are no explosions, AND the funny ragdoll physics from Motorstorm are nowhere to be found. It's like they Disneyfied the game for prepubescent kiddies. 

Overall, I'd give this game a 3/5 stars. The graphics are there, and the gameplay is solid, but there are so many little things that scream "MOTORSTORM!!!". Whenever I see a hot air balloon I......................."MOTORSTORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I listen to the music........."MOTORSTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And no, this game is not nearly as fun as Motorstorm. It's like comparing Cheez-its to Cheese Nips... everone knows Cheez-itz are better. My advice- get Motorstorm: Pacific Rift when it comes out.
    chromosome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chromosome

I think the game looks really good, but I would freak if they incorporated the ATV OFFROAD FURY tag mode.  I have to say that I would probably buy the game just for that, it was always fun on the PS2 and very easy to waste an entire day, whether it be drunk or sober gaming. I do believe that the game was made for the "younger" generation and it may have the graphics but they probably wont put anything remotely violent in the game simply because it is disney.  I probably wont buy the game with games like the new motorstorm coming out, if it actually gets a great or even good response I will be surprised.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Lemegeton

the demo was fun but i think the full game could be too limited and with motorstorm 2 on the way i doubt i would get Pure. prob give it a rent though

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By mike

I think the demo was about all the Pure I'll ever need.  It definitely doesn't seem worth spending $60 on...if I'm really desperate for a new game to play, I may rent it sometime next summer when there is nothing else to play.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By yellownumber5

Definately nope.  My next game in my budget is Dead Space.  Then after the rest of this Q4 I won't get back to any other racing games like this except for maybe Baja.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16  Edited By MachoFantastico

So I guess thats kind of a no then :) I can see what you guys are saying though.

To be fair to PURE tho, I have the same feeling I had with Motorstorm except I do honestly feel I could have more fun with PURE. I liked Motorstorm it was a good solid racer, but also wasn't that much fun to play in my opinion after half an hour or so. Maybe thats just me but heres hopeing Pacific Rift will be better. I'm still considering Picking up PURE. Its currently going for £29.99 preorder over here in good old England, which isn't bad and I can't help but feel SSX Tricky when I play it and thats never a bad thing!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Otacon

If it was a dry season for games then I probably would as I was pleasantly surprised by the demo. At the same time my lack of interest in ATV racing holds me back.

PunkBeatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By PunkBeatz

I played the demo for the first time last night on the 360. I'm not into ATV stuff in any way at all, but really enjoyed the demo.

I liked:

1) The graphics. Yeah, people keep banging on about it being Disney, but who cares when it looks that good? 

2) The air. I personally do not get tired of launching off huge jumps, no matter what game it is. 

3) The speed. I'd played a couple of ATV games briefly a few years ago and they hardly seemed like the most breakneck games, I think the sense of speed is conveyed well here.

I'll agree with others though that the soundtrack is lacklustre and the tricks aren't the most amazing. Still, we've yet to see the full game and I think with all the tracks, the customization and the online play (if many get onboard), it will be a solid game (especially if you don't have a PS3 for Motorstorm:Pacific Rift). Did anyone watch the vid at the end? Some of the tricks looked awesome - particularly the one where the rider turns around and 'goes to sleep' on the saddle!

The multiplayer is really going to be the deciding factor on whether I buy or rent, but it's £28.99 on ShopTo.Net at the moment, and it's guaranteed next day delivery if you order before 5.30pm, so it might just be worth the purchase.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By SpinCookie

Should I get this or Motorstorm: Pacific Rift?

Avatar image for jamesoutrageous
    JamesOutrageous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JamesOutrageous

This is looking like a winner as I don't have a PS3 yet, but only if they'll bring out a PC demo. Not looking likely :(

Highlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Highlander

it couldve been a great atv game, but spoonman isnt on the soundtrack

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By n8

meh spoonman..  og atv offroad fury = best soundtrack ever because of ultraspank...  

pure soundtrack is also meh but i picked it up and its really damn badass actually..  good fun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.