Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 23, 1996

The follow-up to id's 1993 game Doom, and one of the earliest first-person shooters to make full use of 3D polygonal graphics and level design. Featuring a dark and gritty atmosphere inspired by gothic and Lovecraftian fiction, players traverse numerous dimensions in an attempt to stop the invasion of eldritch forces led by the mysterious "Quake".

Now, TNT from a different perspective

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Diamond

From that of a WINNER!  No, actually just from me, but it just so happens I won 2 rounds, and one of them was a full round.  My practice and preparation and years of playing Quake paid off.

So anyways, I had FRAPS running while listening to the TNT stream, FRAPs limited my framerate to 30fps and my ping to the GB servers wasn't incredible, but I still managed to beat everyone a few times.  The uncompressed videos are massive, so I think I'm just going to batch compress most of them and do a few proper to upload to Youtube.

I must say the entire GB community put up more of a fight than I expected.  I expected to either do extremely well or extremely poorly but I did just about even most of the time.  Jeff and Brad both put up really good fights, even with their nearly-on-the-server pings.  Overall it was fun times, so let us preserve those moments forever!

I will be uploading at least 1 more video of tonight's TNT, and there's another video besides the above one already on my Youtube if you're craving that much TNT.  Also, I have some classic Quake videos from 1997 if you want to watch that...
    Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Haha, congrats!

What graphic packs are you running? Looks spiffy.

It was nice to see Quake get some love from the lads tonight. Having never played WoW, Quake still remains one of those games I just spent all the time ever playing when I was younger. Mostly just downloading every mod I could get my hands on. Either way, my multiplayer skills weren't utterly up to par tonight, but fuck if this didn't give me a hankering for a LOT more Quake. I really hope they do a repeat one of these days and boot up E1M8 for some shits and giggles. (Or SV_Gravity 100 for whichever map tickles their fancy)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond
    @MuttersomeTaxicab: 
    Thanks, just using NQuake with a few settings tweaked.  Colored lights, different explosion effect... Think that's about it.  I didn't know NQuake was just a EZQuake easy setup pack before, but oh well I got it now.

Anyways, I think this'll be the last Quake TNT video I upload unless people really want more.  Will have to batch compress the rest and back them up or something.

Also, the above video still needs a little Youtube processing time before it starts lookin' OK at the time of this posting.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

Yep, that's what I saw... fast and furious, unless the server shut down. Congrats on the playtime, but man, that was fast as hell. I actually quit watching and just listened.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BlastProcessing

Yay, I'm in those videos!

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Malakhii

Congrats man, I missed it due important things I had to do *cough*Starcraft 2 *cough*, but it's always nice to get more angles on the action. Quake is really crazy fast. 

Goblix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Goblix

I only won one match, and I was sad me and Bellmont never managed to get in the server at the same time, brotherly pwnage averted.

Amethyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Amethyst

I'm sure this goes against the nature of Quake, but the game looks WAY more tolerable at 30 fps.

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bellmont42

pwnages

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bellmont42

nice job capturing a different insane perspective :P

Goblix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Goblix

When I think Quake 1, I always remember the shotgun and grenade launcher sounds.

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bellmont42

and the FACE

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@Diamond: Really? That's just nQuake? Holy shit! Here I figured ezQuake had some decent settings and nice touches here and there but unless I wanted to get into some really crazy patches for the game, that kind of stuff wasn't happening. Will need to look into this. 

Yeah, the grenade launcher sounds are amazing. I also really dig the feel of the supershotgun.  

EDIT: Man. Watching that video makes me just want to go play more Quake right now. Fuck. Here I thought I kicked that habit. Anybody else keep on keepin' on with the GB servers last night?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Hamz

Yup, I totally remember seeing your name on the score board last night. Great stuff!

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoeMarsden

Wish I was in the right time zone to have played. Sure, I could have stayed up to play, but screw that. I feel I would have done pretty good! Nice vid though, good that you won some.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Red12b

oh my god, oh fucking god, I forgot how quick quake was, fuuuuuuuuuuuck

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Red12b said:
    " oh my god, oh fucking god, I forgot how quick quake was, fuuuuuuuuuuuck "
    *slap* GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN.
    ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ThePickle

cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.