Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

Is this game still borked on PC?

johnnyspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders

I'm a fan of Remedy's work and fancy dipping into QB. The Collector's Edition on PC can be had for a reasonable price and so I'm tempted, but I've also heard that it was a... uh... "less than perfect" experience, even a few months after launch. Has anyone played it on PC recently? How did it hold up if so?

Thanks,

JS

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It works fine for me I'm using a 970 gtx and Window 7 64 I don't know how well it runs on Windows 10 that could be a problem if your using it I heard it ran worst on 10.

johnnyspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info. And yeah, I'm on Windows 10. I should have no problems on the hardware front, but that does worry me...

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The problem is mainly with the Windows Store version, which uses DirextX 12 and doesn't run particularly well unless you've got a high-end graphics card. The Steam version runs on DirectX 11 and performs much better on lower-end hardware. Being on Windows 10 doesn't matter unless you intend to get the WiIndows Store version for whatever reason. Digital Foundry did a good analysis:

Loading Video...

johnnyspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, awesome - thanks very much Chumley. It's the Steam version I was looking at so I'll go ahead and get it. Cheers both!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.