Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 06, 2013

Ratchet and Clank's last hurrah on the PS3, Into the Nexus is a single-player shooter-platformer billed as an epilogue to 2009's A Crack in Time.

Oh wow, this comes out tomorrow?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I haven't been following this series too much recently, but I really enjoyed the first PS3 Ratchet & Clank game; planned on getting the sequel, so I played Quest for Booty, which was good too, but I unfortunately never picked A Crack in Time up for some reason. Probably due to lack of money at the time, and a bunch of other games to play. Anyways, the thing is, aside from just checking that it comes out tomorrow being a surprise, I thought this was a separate game, and A Crack in Time was the end of the Future series, only being a trilogy. Huh, now I really feel like picking A Crack in Time up, then to pick this one up. Dang. Who else is going to get Into the Nexus? More than a few things to be surprised about for me.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm grabbing Into the Nexus on launch :) A Crack in Time is a fantastic game, even by Ratchet and Clank standards, I recommend grabbing it asap.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By DarthOrange

I'm disappointed that they didn't go for another multiplayer Ratchet and Clank game. I really enjoyed both Deadlocked and Full Frontal Assault (although I didn't care for the camera in All 4 One). I seem to be one of the few that actually liked those though :/

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like this game got fuck all in terms of marketing or promotion or preview coverage or anything, in that I haven't seen a single website ad, trailer, or article about it. If not for somebody mentioning it on these forums a couple months back (and now this thread), I would not know this game exists at all.

Basically the same treatment as that new Sly Cooper game that came out...sometime in the past 12 months.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Haha, what?? Man, this year hasn't half sucked for Insomniac. First their focus-tested to death Fuse release (their own fault, mind), and now as they attempt to semi-revive Ratchet after a series of weak coop/move/spin-off stuff, it's being released to no exposure, fanfare, or... anything. I say that unbeknownst as to whether this is actually a traditional R&C game, though...

I imagine Sony have their hands full with the PS4 and have no time for (what could now be considered) their b-tier platformer series. Makes you wonder why this thing even exists, since if there was going to be a new R&C game, you'd think it'd be tied together, release-schedule wise, with the movie.

Also, is this a budget game, or is it still being released for full price?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@yummylee: It sounds like this is supposed to be an epilogue to A Crack in Time, probably similar in scale to Quest for Booty.

As a fan of R&C, I'm really bummed out that this game is coming in about as far under the radar as you can get.

Almost zero info. No press. No ads. Nothing.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yea this one kind of just popped up out of nowhere despite hearing about it a few months ago. I'll definitely be picking it up soon as it actually looks like a true and fun Ratchet and Clank game.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By abendlaender

Wait what? I don't think I've even known this game existed......damn

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ashame this hasn't received much marketing. Ratchet is probably one of my favourite series.

Is that Ratchet proper or is it like that multi-player nonsense? Because no one wants that.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

@yummylee: It sounds like this is supposed to be an epilogue to A Crack in Time, probably similar in scale to Quest for Booty.

As a fan of R&C, I'm really bummed out that this game is coming in about as far under the radar as you can get.

Almost zero info. No press. No ads. Nothing.

I hear it's bigger in scale that Quest for Booty. There's like four planets, with one of them being a big open level, no hub world and the game is about 8 or 9 hours long. That sounds fine seeing as the game is only £20 in the UK. There's plenty of information about the game if you look around as I believe the game has been out in Australia for a few days.

Both IGN and Gamespot have put up a handful of walkthrough videos, but for the most part I doubt Sony care... they possibly have bigger things to be promoting this week.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12 chaser324  Moderator

@gunstarred: I'm sure Sony doesn't really care, but I bet Insomniac could sure use a bit of a rebound coming off of Fuse.

Definitely good to hear that this might be a bit bigger than Quest for Booty. I'd totally be fine with a solid 8-9 hour game. For $30, I'd even be fine with it being a bit shorter than that.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
    RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this game got fuck all in terms of marketing or promotion or preview coverage or anything, in that I haven't seen a single website ad, trailer, or article about it. If not for somebody mentioning it on these forums a couple months back (and now this thread), I would not know this game exists at all.

Basically the same treatment as that new Sly Cooper game that came out...sometime in the past 12 months.

IGN had an exclusive with it. They released a video and had an article at least. Unless your name is Mario, you just aren't going to be popular. Puppeteer flopped, Tear away and Knack will most likely flop. Such is life.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, what's the slightly suggestive pun to this title? Into the Nexus? Is there some slang I'm not familiar with? Like, "Bro, I went into the nexus last night, if you know what I mean"?

I thought all Ratchet & Clank games were supposed to have kind of double-meaning titles...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I will never understand the point of making a game if no efforts are made to make people aware of its existence on the most basic level. Because there is maybe 5 franchises in the world that people would know a new game is coming even if the publisher actively tried to hide it. This is not one of them.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

@truthtellah: It was apparently originally planned to be called Into the nether regions.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah: It was apparently originally planned to be called Into the nether regions.

Oh yeah? Okay, that would make more sense.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

One of the devs was on weekend confirmed a few weeks ago talking about it, two things he said, the game is shorter than past games, the disk version comes with a code for whichever game came before this one.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

It's scored itself an 8 on Gamespot least, and is an apparently great (and most notably more traditional) send-off for the series across this gen. This is looking to be the latest reminder as to why I really need to give this series a go sometime... Only one I've played is Quest for Booty.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I don't think I ever heard of this game until today. Or if I did, I just confused it with the movie.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Whoa. This is out of nowhere, but I've got enough love for Ratchet (A Crack in Time should've been a system-seller) to look into grabbing it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bisonhero said:

IGN had an exclusive with it. They released a video and had an article at least. Unless your name is Mario, you just aren't going to be popular. Puppeteer flopped, Tear away and Knack will most likely flop. Such is life.

I think this has been the case for most of Sony's exclusive titles in the past two years, with the exception of PS4 and Naughty Dog games. I believe the rumors are that they either scaled back their internal marketing department or were trying to save money on it for use on next gen stuff. Which is really a shame.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By glots

Released yet over there? Would like to hear some comments about it, still have to wait 'till next week for the release over here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.