Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Horse Attributes?

BigAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BigAT

It's my understanding that each horse has it's owns attributes, namely speed and stamina.  Is there any way to see the stats of the horse you're currently riding?   

My first one died after I jumped it off a cliff (totally worth it though, so much fun) and I'm trying to find a solid replacement.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kazzurak

I dunno yet (im european) but im getting limited edition (so i get the power horsey). But i wondered what if the power horse died is there a way to get it back ??

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jmrwacko
    @BigAT said:

"It's my understanding that each horse has it's owns attributes, namely speed and stamina.  Is there any way to see the stats of the horse you're currently riding?    My first one died after I jumped it off a cliff (totally worth it though, so much fun) and I'm trying to find a solid replacement. "

Keep doing the main story missions. You get a good horse in the same mission you get your lasso, which lets you wrangle wild horses with better stats than the crappy steeds people park in town. 

I don't think there is a way to compare horse statistics. I think the only variables though are speed and stamina, but I could be wrong.
    Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darksaw
    @Kazzurak:  I'm also in Europe and getting the Limited Edition, I really hope the horse can't die, it seems like it will really help with that achievement where you need to use the same horse for 20 story missions straight.
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Darksaw: Yeah also ive heard you have to unlock the deadly assasins outfit (im thinking wtf? about that) but do you have to capture the horse before you can ride it too ? and the golden gun thing, will it be on ALL your weapons ? 
    allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By allprox

How much horsepower does your horse have?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Allprox said:
    " How much horsepower does your horse have? "
    My Mustang has 450 horsepower.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @BigAT:  College Ave?
    BigAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BigAT
    @Spoonman671: Alumnus.  RC '07.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By one_2nd

I was wondering that too. I know in the store they are classified and priced by speed. There really should be a way.  

Also is there a way to know what kind of horse you're riding? I know for a fact there are different breeds, but idk what kind I am riding. 

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Darksaw
    @Kazzurak:  I don't know, I suppose we'll find out in a couple of days. The horse and outfit probably spawns at your house after a certain point in the game. No idea about the guns, maybe they will also spawn in your house or maybe all guns you purchase throughout the game are golden.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671
    @BigAT:   Cool, I just graduated.  High five!
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DystopiaX
    @jmrwacko said:
    " @BigAT said:

"It's my understanding that each horse has it's owns attributes, namely speed and stamina.  Is there any way to see the stats of the horse you're currently riding?    My first one died after I jumped it off a cliff (totally worth it though, so much fun) and I'm trying to find a solid replacement. "

Keep doing the main story missions. You get a good horse in the same mission you get your lasso, which lets you wrangle wild horses with better stats than the crappy steeds people park in town.  I don't think there is a way to compare horse statistics. I think the only variables though are speed and stamina, but I could be wrong. "
    This. As far as I know the only way to tell is that the better ones look stronger, but i'd recheck the menu (journal and stats). 
    @Kazzurak said:
    " @Darksaw: Yeah also ive heard you have to unlock the deadly assasins outfit (im thinking wtf? about that) but do you have to capture the horse before you can ride it too ? and the golden gun thing, will it be on ALL your weapons ?  "
    I wish I could answer that, but my box couldn't access the r* server to unlock my guns. 
     I'd only use them on a second playthrough though. I wanna play the first one all natural.
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Darksaw: Well the outfit you have to unlock by doing 1 of several thing i dont remember them all but some of them are: Win a duel in Armadillo, Take a gang hideout (a specific one but dont remember its name), get a bounty for some guy whit a poster in Armadillo.  
    Thats all i remember at the moment

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.