Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

So, the Undead Nightmare ending? (SPOILERS)

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By prewaroregon

So, for the ones who have completed the latest DLC for Red Dead,   

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

No I think that John turning into a zombie is the end of it.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sunspots

I'm at that point in the Undead nightmare DLC and i have been wandering around, managed to save every town on the map, nothing else to do. Unless maybe you are supposed to find seth, cause there was a quick clip of him stealing the mask from the catacombs before Marston rose from his grave. the only thing is, he's not at his usual hideout, I know he was transient during the main story in red dead, but I can't find him and there is no indication as to where he may be on the map.........

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramone

Achievements, outfits, challenges but other that I don't think you will be able to anything story wise it's just like being Jack.

Also that ending is fucking awesome.

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sunspots

yeah i figured as much, i just checked out the catacombs in Escalera as they are sealed shut, not even dynamite blows it open. I have to say though, riding around on Death is great, especially when zombies come in contact with the horse and their heads explode! Almost as cool as riding War, I like seeing the zombies burn!

prewaroregon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By prewaroregon

I like seeing the zombies burn!    

Agreed!
    Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sunspots

The only thing I have yet to try is the online modes. I'll probably try tomorrow at some point after work! 

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BBQBram

Nope, it seems that's the end. Doesn't bother me though, free roaming in UN feels very different from the main game. And I want to hunt mythical creatures forever!

Sunspots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sunspots

agreed

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

I've actually killed Seth and his little zombie party after completing his quest. Within the context of my personal adventure in RDR:UN, the ending makes no sense at all.

Probably there's another ending when one encounters Seth maybe?

RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RJMacReady

I've roamed around, saved all the towns "spinning plates", went to Escalara and tried to gain entry to the tomb with dynamite to see if i could get cues to teh location of the mask, I went looking for Seth in that small shack on the river, he wasn't there; I also looked for seth at coots chapel where i first met him. One thing bothered me about the ending was that when you emerge from teh ground the text narration says that your wife and son buried you with a flask of special water, I find it odd they stressed teh water and assumed it must be the holy water so i also went to Las Hermanas to see if there was a connection to that and an end because that is where you get the water to begin with.

I don't knwo why they stressed teh "buried with his water"  because they buried me with everything else; a blunderbuss, tons of dynamite, undead bait, tobacco, moonshine, repeater riffles. Seems strange you would make mention of 1 of the 5 or so thrown weapons available and ignore everything else.   

Fking great ending though. I hope GTA 5 has an undead expansion. This brings me back to the old days playing the caramgeddon demo zombies. I really don't care if zombie expansions become a cliche.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Thats pretty much the end of it. 
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Dany
    @RJMacReady said:
    " I've roamed around, saved all the towns "spinning plates", went to Escalara and tried to gain entry to the tomb with dynamite to see if i could get cues to teh location of the mask, I went looking for Seth in that small shack on the river, he wasn't there; I also looked for seth at coots chapel where i first met him. One thing bothered me about the ending was that when you emerge from teh ground the text narration says that your wife and son buried you with a flask of special water, I find it odd they stressed teh water and assumed it must be the holy water so i also went to Las Hermanas to see if there was a connection to that and an end because that is where you get the water to begin with.  I don't knwo why they stressed teh "buried with his water"  because they buried me with everything else; a blunderbuss, tons of dynamite, undead bait, tobacco, moonshine, repeater riffles. Seems strange you would make mention of 1 of the 5 or so thrown weapons available and ignore everything else.    Fking great ending though. I hope GTA 5 has an undead expansion. This brings me back to the old days playing the caramgeddon demo zombies. I really don't care if zombie expansions become a cliche. "
    Eh, it was a reason to have John both as a zombie and not to have the npc's attack you. I thought it was odd but I guess they had to, to keep you playing 

I tried to go inside the house but I couldn't I wonder if they are inside
    RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RJMacReady
    @Dany:  Not only that but the holy water was demonstrated to have a curative or reversal effect on teh zombies in one scene , but in others it just immolates the evil force that animates them in a blue flame. I guess i got so use to using it as a thrown explosive that i forgot about that one scene in las hermanas when it cured the zombie for a second.  

I suppose thats' what the narration was to infer, that the constant presence fo the holy water prevented evil from possessing Marsdon's corpse.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking

Keep in mind you now play as a zombie.  Killing Seth and returning the mask would also kill you. 

I think that's more just a vehicle for them to allow you to continue playing after you finish the story.  Though I'll admit the ending of the story was anticlimatic.  Personally I don't think the story was the draw to the DLC though... just the overall crazy-ass-ness of it all.
    Jackson2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jackson2001

Does any one no if there is going to be a red dead undead nightmare 2?

berzerkclownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By berzerkclownz

I'm not sure if that's the end or not. All's I know is when you transform into a zombie. Look at your stats and you will see that you are only at 53 or 63%.hopefully there will be a sequel with the answers to our questions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.