Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

The many faces of John Marston

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By luce

No Caption Provided

Ok, so I've been watching this game for a while now.

Some how I keep seeing a different face on the main character John Marston.

The latest trailer showed a cutscene with a younger looking John but the gameplay kept the old battle hardened John.

Is it just me or did they slightly redesigned this guy's face a bunch of times?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Perhaps John ages as the story in the game progresses. 

Like Assassin's Creed 2.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

They did retouch his face numerous times. They did the same with Niko in GTA4. I'll try and find the thread on GTAforums with all the pics.

edit: here .

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By luce
    @TheMustacheHero said:

" Perhaps as the story in the game progresses, John ages.   Like Assassin's Creed 2. "

not quite..Etzio merely grew facial hair while this guy has a change in facial structure
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

" Perhaps as the story in the game progresses, John ages.   Like Assassin's Creed 2. "

not quite..Etzio merely grew facial hair while this guy has a change in facial structure "
    You're over-analyzing my point. Yes Ezio merely grew facial hair, but as the game progressed time passed, and Ezio got older.
     This is not my main point though, my main point was that John might get older.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox
    @TheMustacheHero: I really really really doubt it. There might be a prologue where he's young, but I'm sure the stuff in the pics was the team trying differing looks.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By luce
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

not quite..Etzio merely grew facial hair while this guy has a change in facial structure "
    You're over-analyzing my point. Yes Ezio merely grew facial hair, but as the game progressed time passed, and Ezio got older.  This is not my main point though, my main point was that John might get older. "
    That wasn't the point of the thread. I'm asking why John's face looks redesigned. It's not just a younger to older look, he looks different.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By luce
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @TheMustacheHero: I really really really doubt it. There might be a prologue where he's young, but I'm sure the stuff in the pics was the team trying differing looks. "
    Although I kinda dig the bad-ass look, I hope they go with the one shown in the cutscene with the sheriff
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

You're over-analyzing my point. Yes Ezio merely grew facial hair, but as the game progressed time passed, and Ezio got older.  This is not my main point though, my main point was that John might get older. "
    That wasn't the point of the thread. I'm asking why John's face looks redesigned. It's not just a younger to older look, he looks different. "

When you make a thread, you are asking for other's input on the topic. That was mine.
     When you make a thread, you are asking for other's input on the topic. That was mine.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rayfield

I see what you're saying but I don't see a game-breaking difference. Perhaps his face changes a bit when he's pissed off. 

The real issue here is all the bullshit surrounding the game. Between publishers getting all delay-happy and the apparent communist China-esque working conditions that we are led to believe Rockstar employs, I am starting to worry a bit about this game being pushed back again. 

VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF 'WORRY A BIT'
    VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF 'WORRY A BIT'
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By luce
    @TheMustacheHero said:

" @luce said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:

" @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

That wasn't the point of the thread. I'm asking why John's face looks redesigned. It's not just a younger to older look, he looks different. "

"  When you make a thread, you are asking for other's input on the topic. That was mine."
    Thank you for your input but if you honestly think the change in his face is simply because of age then you need to get your eyes checked. That and I don't think (according to the info released so far) that the game takes place over several years
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By buzz_killington

It seems like they can't strike the perfect balance between Nathan Drake and Clint Eastwood and are constantly going back and forth.

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @luce said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:

"
    Thank you for your input but if you honestly think the change in his face is simply because of age then you need to get your eyes checked. That and I don't think (according to the info released so far) that the game takes place over several years "
    I think it has the possibility to.... and my eyes are fine I'm not denying the fact that all the pictures look different, I'm just throwing out the possibility that aging could be the explanation.
    cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cooljammer00

He kinda looks like Karl Urban in some of those shots.  

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Well, it looks like some of those pics are from in-game, some are from cutscenes, so maybe it's just a matter of the amount of detail they could put in. And perhaps some of the pics are from flash-backs, but you're right, it's not just age differences. Maybe the expressions they're having him make mess with his face a little bit? I dunno.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.