Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

A remake of the 1998 survival horror classic, Resident Evil 2.

Resident Evil 2 fan remake cancelled.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

To the surprise of nobody I suppose, especially since Capcom are now engineering their very own official remake.

However, what's interesting to hear is that Invader Games, the Italian folks behind the fan remake, have actually been called in by Capcom to ''discuss the development further''. Meaning that, as I was hoping, they may actually get some paying jobs out of it, if not as full-time Capcom employees then at the very least for the remake.

I wonder if Capcom will salvage their work in anyway to be put into the remake. It was built in Unreal Engine 4, and with Street Fighter V in development in UE4 then it wouldn't be too surprising if the remake made its way into such an engine, too. Despite it all Invader Games sound optimistic for the future, and I really hope this'll all pan out for them in some way.

Speaking of RE2, I wrote up a wishlist for the remake! To which everybody should read and comment and subscribe and share and tweet an-

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good for those guys and smart on capcom

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If nothing else this makes it seem that Capcom is actually serious about developing the remake. I'm interested to see how it develops.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like the best case scenario, maybe those guys will land jobs at Capcom itself for the remake or maybe end up in other development houses. Even though they didn't get to finish their project, at least something positive came out of this and Capcom went a good way about it. They could of easily just sent a cease and desist letter and told these guys to split, decent hearts and minds stuff right here.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You've already started work on this and our accounting department simply can't ignore this. Welcome to Capcom."

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By hassun

Unsurprising but I still want to give them my kudos for giving it an earnest try and I am happy Capcom is giving them a bit of recognition.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@hassun said:

Unsurprising but I still want to give them my kudos for giving it an earnest try and I am happy Capcom is giving them a bit of recognition.

Yup. It would have been awfully easy for them to just fire a C&D at the team and just leave it at that. Capcom of some years back may very well have done as such as well, but the Capcom of now is clearly in a state to where they can't lose the goodwill momentum they're building.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By hassun

@yummylee: They definitely have been making amends recently, becoming much more cooperative with the player base.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ripelivejam

Is there an intense dislike of capcom lately? Does it mostly stem from them disregarding some of their franchises like Mega Man? They seem to steadily put stuff out, and stuff that people seem to want/like, but i always see them as the butt of jokes about the industry, and lately have seen them being lumped in with Konami. Doesn't look to me like they've done anything especially egregious, just that they've hit some financial woes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.