Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

Do you recommend getting this game on PS4/Xbox One after having it on other systems?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you recommend getting this game on PS4/Xbox One after having it on other systems? (14 votes)

Yep, I do! The game is great on current-gen systems and is well worth getting again. 29%
    No. If you have it on other systems, there's really no need. 71%

I have the game on GameCube, PS2, Wii and the Xbox 360. I love RE4, and though I had a good time playing RE4 again on the Xbox 360, I got that version late as I was hesitant to buy it again since I felt even by then, getting it again would be too much as I feel I've had my fill. I've played the GameCube version three to five times I believe, the PS2, Wii, and 360 versions once. I say that I felt that getting the 360 version was more than enough, but I'm not so sure. I mean, I'm wondering if the 1080p/60fps is a good justification to experience it again. What do you all think? What did you do? It's a good time to get some input because I don't plan on buying it soon as I'm trying to save up money. Thanks.

• 
    Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've only ever played the PS2 version, but I have to say... unless you really want another version of this game, it is not really worth it. Just realize that you are getting more of a port from the more recent "HD" version on steam and only the gameplay runs at 1080p/60FPS (even then, the sniper rifle bolt action animation still runs at 30fps for some reason). The cutscenes are not remastered and look like big blurry messes on newer TVs. Basically, unless you're in it for the collection, I wouldn't really recommend getting this. It really isn't that much of a graphical upscale anyway unless you were looking at the two next to each other.

The reason why I bought it was because I had only played the PS2 version and I played that ages ago. This was pretty cheap to purchase at $20 and I'm not enough of a purist to go out looking for a GameCube copy, which I still hear is the best looking one even compared to this one. It still is a really fun game, I'll give it that though.

cigaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you can buy it on PC, do it there, because when the RE4HD project is finished, it is going to be by far the best way to play the game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitestripes09: Yeah, I watched the digital foundry video of it when they put that up and they mentioned those issues.

@cigaro: Unfortunately that's isn't an option as my PC wouldn't be able to handle it, otherwise that would be an option I would have discussed. Heck, I probably would have gotten it already honestly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.