Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Anyone Feel Disapointed?

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Th3_James

i have played a fair deal of this game at my friends house, and i haven't really seen much enemy diversity at all, same character models repeated to nausea, same bubbled death animations, enemy injury reactions vague,

i have been playing re games for awhile, i occasionally have my gripes with little things from the series, but i just though that a platform and hardware advancement would have made the developers implement new tech, the enemy physics are non-existent, shooting a enemy merely feels like slowly trying to knock a drunk over with a pillow, there is no noticeable damage apparent on the models after damage is inflicted

i really like this game so far, i think i am at 4-3, i loved re4, but it just feels like re4's engine with slightly better looking models is what re5 is. Shooting an enemy in the head 6 times with an mp5(fully upgraded) should IMO blow someones head off or at least kill them, but if your enemy falls down and just chills for 4 seconds and gets to his feet there is a loss of satisfaction that i get.

i know R.E isn't supposed to be gears, i never said it was, i just find it lazy of the devs to cut corners and recycle what was profitable in the past. There is soo much potential with this game, and i had high hopes for years. IMO to convey a great story driven game, there needs to be superb visuals aswell as gameplay innovations that go beyond the astethic look, just having dynamic physics and semi-realistic damage modeling add a level of emmersion to games that is really nice.

i know lots of you forum go-ers will possible dissagree with me on some of my points, but i am just a let down fan

// This game is still awesome and worth a buy

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

If the game ends up disappointing me, it'd be because it's all action and not enough other types of gameplay (RE4 was great IMO).  Repetitive character models and animations don't bother me, what game today has lots of variety in this way?  Everquest 1 was the last I could remember, and before that games like Super Mario Bros 3.

I think the animations in RE4 were great enough that they wouldn't want to use physics in RE5.  Have you see how physics driven enemies react to getting hit by bullets in games?  If it's not GTA4, it's usually pretty unconvincing.

I don't get it until tomorrow, how is everyone getting this game early?  Pisses me off.

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By PowerBombYo

I think I understand what your saying. My main complaint at this point would be that they did recycle the basic enemies animations, it definitely rings RE4 with updated graphics. I loved RE4 so I think I can get over the fact that this looks similar. I just wonder if they could have done more, given the time span between games. Oh well. I'm sure once I have this game in my hands at midnight I'm not going to give a crap.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Th3_James

when does it come out?

i am getting achievements, but i am not playin on my console, i though it was out already

i don't give a rats ass bout achievements BTW i was bummed when i haddn't heard the acheivment sound after hours of play, but then i checked and i had 12 of em. After that it started to show up like standard achievements, but i found it odd that i didn't appear to have unlocked any, but i had em >_>

i really don't know cuz my friend said his appeared and then they started to appear the next day randomly ingame, i killed 4 guys with a grenade or something and i got an acheivment, and it showed me unlocking the other ones i was supposed to have gotten allong the way

just me i guess

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

Yup, with just the small changes they made to this game, i don't understand why it too 4 years to make instead of 2.  They didn't do anything to change up the gameplay.  Does it really take so long to bust out a new game where you just change the graphics and write the story?  Not like they thought long and hard about how it would play.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By THE_END
    Th3_James said:
    "when does it come out?i am getting achievements, but i am not playin on my console, i though it was out alreadyi don't give a rats ass bout achievements BTW i was bummed when i haddn't heard the acheivment sound after hours of play, but then i checked and i had 12 of em. After that it started to show up like standard achievements, but i found it odd that i didn't appear to have unlocked any, but i had em >_> i really don't know cuz my friend said his appeared and then they started to appear the next day randomly ingame, i killed 4 guys with a grenade or something and i got an acheivment, and it showed me unlocking the other ones i was supposed to have gotten allong the wayjust me i guess"

Tomorrow at 0001hrs.
    Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sushbag
    Th3_James said:
    "i loved re4, but it just feels like re4's engine with slightly better looking models is what re5 is."
    If that's what RE5 was, I would probably love it. But what RE5 actually is, is RE4 if it wasn't atmospheric, addicting or fun. Who at Capcom decided, "Yes, RE4 was just about perfect. Let's drastically change the basic formula to appeal more to the Western market regardless of the possibility of ruining the game entirely." Nice one.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By the8bitNacho
    Sushbag said:
    "Th3_James said:
    "i loved re4, but it just feels like re4's engine with slightly better looking models is what re5 is."
    If that's what RE5 was, I would probably love it. But what RE5 actually is, is RE4 if it wasn't atmospheric, addicting or fun. Who at Capcom decided, "Yes, RE4 was just about perfect. Let's drastically change the basic formula to appeal more to the Western market regardless of the possibility of ruining the game entirely." Nice one."

What?  It's the exact same game with different characters and better graphics.  If you go play RE4 right now and thin k it's fun, and then play RE5 a couple seconds later and try to tell me it's at all different, I have to chalk that up to personal bias.  Fanboyism imo.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

I have to wait 11 more hours before I can play. I am starting to get the feeling a lot of people are feeling disapointed. If only a little. Its hard to live up to the bar that 4 set.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10  Edited By the8bitNacho
    c1337us said:
    "I have to wait 11 more hours before I can play. I am starting to get the feeling a lot of people are feeling disapointed. If only a little. Its hard to live up to the bar that 4 set. "

It lives up to the bar 4 set and then some.  It improves upon what was already there in RE4, which is why I'm finding these "omfg RE4 was way better" threads incredibly ignorant.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok

An opinion can't be ignorant if they have played both 4 and 5. Ignorant implies lack of knowledge of something. Just because you like the shit stain that is RE5, doesn't make everyone else "ignorant" who don't.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kratos81
    Kombat said:
    "c1337us said:
    "I have to wait 11 more hours before I can play. I am starting to get the feeling a lot of people are feeling disapointed. If only a little. Its hard to live up to the bar that 4 set. "
    It lives up to the bar 4 set and then some.  It improves upon what was already there in RE4, which is why I'm finding these "omfg RE4 was way better" threads incredibly ignorant."
    Well for its "time" re4 was way better. This is the same game with better graphics 5 years later. Why wouldnt re4 be better? Most Games evolve seems this time RE did not.
    kaiozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kaiozu

I like the way it controls, that's not the problem with this game. It's the pacing, atmosphere and it's repetition. The last few chapters of this game are terrible. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Th3_James said:
    " there is no noticeable damage apparent on the models after damage is inflictedi "
    Well their heads blow up...
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Th3_James said:
    / This game is still awesome and worth a buy"
    Damn straight
    PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerBombYo

Now that I have played the game for a few hours...

Do I feel disappointed?

No!!!

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By makari
    Th3_James said:
    "Shooting an enemy in the head 6 times with an mp5(fully upgraded) should IMO blow someones head off or at least kill them, but if your enemy falls down and just chills for 4 seconds and gets to his feet there is a loss of satisfaction that i get.
    If you're shooting basic zombies in the head, you're doing it wrong :P
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Th3_James
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Th3_James said:
    " there is no noticeable damage apparent on the models after damage is inflictedi "
    Well their heads blow up..."
    ya, but not always
    sometimes they just drop dead, or the spinnny thing comes outta there head
    daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daz0608

On the 3rd Chapter and not really feeling disapointed, then again the only RE game I had played before this was RE4 I'd never played any before that, and it seems to me that the people that are dissapointed by this game are people who have been playing it since the begining of the series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

Disappointed so far.  Maybe I'm too spoiled by Dead Space at this point.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael
    Kombat said:
    "Sushbag said:
    "Th3_James said:
    If that's what RE5 was, I would probably love it. But what RE5 actually is, is RE4 if it wasn't atmospheric, addicting or fun. Who at Capcom decided, "Yes, RE4 was just about perfect. Let's drastically change the basic formula to appeal more to the Western market regardless of the possibility of ruining the game entirely." Nice one."
    What?  It's the exact same game with different characters and better graphics.  If you go play RE4 right now and thin k it's fun, and then play RE5 a couple seconds later and try to tell me it's at all different, I have to chalk that up to personal bias.  Fanboyism imo."
    No, it's not exactly the same game. The single player is ruined by Sheva's crappy AI and the poorly executed real-time inventory(which was necessary for co-op, but shouldn't be in SP). Also, the game lacks RE4's atmosphere.
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kratos81
    Icemael said:
    "Kombat said:
    "Sushbag said:
    "Th3_James said:
    What?  It's the exact same game with different characters and better graphics.  If you go play RE4 right now and thin k it's fun, and then play RE5 a couple seconds later and try to tell me it's at all different, I have to chalk that up to personal bias.  Fanboyism imo."
    No, it's not exactly the same game. The single player is ruined by Sheva's crappy AI and the poorly executed real-time inventory(which was necessary for co-op, but shouldn't be in SP). Also, the game lacks RE4's atmosphere.
    "
    You do have to admit Sheva is hot. Makes me want to help her out a little more with out being annoyed. Sounds stupid I know, I guess Im simple minded.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Kratos81 said:
    : You do have to admit Sheva is hot. Makes me want to help her out a little more with out being annoyed. Sounds stupid I know, I guess Im simple minded."
      Sheva is like the African version of Angelina Julie !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.