Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Dead Space Completed... Resident Evil 4... 5?

sgt_match

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Edited By sgt_match

All right, check it...

I just finished Dead Space for the first time last night... in a dark room with a tv on the floor.  Kinda friggin' creepy... Chapter 10 in particular.  56 percent of the trophies.  One gun.  Awesome.

Totally deserved the nom for GOTY.  The gameplay was fantastic, though it was comparable to Resident Evil 4:   3rd person behind the back, hold trigger to raise weapon, melee.  I enjoyed the hell out of Res 4 on the Cube and again on the PS2, but it simply didn't pull off what Dead Space did.  Pulling of a context-sensitive suplex isn't the same as manually stomping some dude's arm off.  Resident Evil 4 was terrifying at he beginning but eventuall became far too outlandish to keep me scared.  Still fantastic, but not scary.

I'm not being critical of the Resident Evil Series: different generations.

But what does this say for Res 5?  The gameplay footage up here looks pretty.  But it still appears to be the same gameplay as Resident Evil 4.  Dead Space did appear to be as generic as hell, but everyone was amazed when it came out... so Res 5 will do the same.  It simply doesn't seem to do anything new.  I'm hoping it will have that intangible quality that made Dead Space so great.  I've got a PS3 so I won't be trying the Demo for a bit... Oh well. maybe my opinion will change.

sgt_match

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By sgt_match

All right, check it...

I just finished Dead Space for the first time last night... in a dark room with a tv on the floor.  Kinda friggin' creepy... Chapter 10 in particular.  56 percent of the trophies.  One gun.  Awesome.

Totally deserved the nom for GOTY.  The gameplay was fantastic, though it was comparable to Resident Evil 4:   3rd person behind the back, hold trigger to raise weapon, melee.  I enjoyed the hell out of Res 4 on the Cube and again on the PS2, but it simply didn't pull off what Dead Space did.  Pulling of a context-sensitive suplex isn't the same as manually stomping some dude's arm off.  Resident Evil 4 was terrifying at he beginning but eventuall became far too outlandish to keep me scared.  Still fantastic, but not scary.

I'm not being critical of the Resident Evil Series: different generations.

But what does this say for Res 5?  The gameplay footage up here looks pretty.  But it still appears to be the same gameplay as Resident Evil 4.  Dead Space did appear to be as generic as hell, but everyone was amazed when it came out... so Res 5 will do the same.  It simply doesn't seem to do anything new.  I'm hoping it will have that intangible quality that made Dead Space so great.  I've got a PS3 so I won't be trying the Demo for a bit... Oh well. maybe my opinion will change.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Deadspace is easy as fuck. Thats something that RE will most likely never be.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Um, no. RE4 is much easier than Dead Space, and judging from the demo, the only thing that'll make RE5 hard is Sheva's mediocre AI.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm gonna have to disagree with Icemael and say Dead Space is quite a lot easier than RE4. I didn't think Dead Space was easy, persay, but dude... I had seriously dozens of collected medkits that I had no use for and just kept in storage the whole time. I thought by the end of the game, I'd have to use them, but in the end, I didn't and just sold them all for a grip of cash. I never felt like I had too much to worry about. There's a few hard parts, but you have some pretty excellent weapons to keep your enemies at bay. Also, after playing the RE5 demo... Dead Space kinda makes it look bad. Dead Space just plays so much better... I loved it. Definitely one of the best games I played from 2008 for sure.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pibo47

Personally i like the RE games better, and  the controls play into it, it makes things more suspenseful and harder. More tension in the air, if you know what i mean. And the story of the RE games is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Deadspace story. RE5 also has co-op which is freaking kick ass.  To simply put it Dead space is just another space marine shooter, that isnt really in any single group of games. Its not like gears, and its not like RE. Its just a game were you beat up on space zombies. Its a great game and all, but it just does not compare to the other games around right now.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i used to be able to play through RE4 on professional difficulty with no problem during the early parts of it. one time i was able to go through the village shooting only one shot and being able to knife crowds of people like it was nobody's buisness. when i played the RE5 demo, i got my ass handed to me every single time in the most obnoxious ways possible. that game is gonna be hella hard.

dead space for me wasn't really hard since i was a good shot with the plasma cutter and the ripper became my mainstay weapon through the second half of the game. it was still really enjoyable, but not difficult. so i'd have to vote for the RE games as being the harder ones.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

Dead Space FTW!!!

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Verdugo

Dead Space was an excellent horror game. Now with comparing difficulty to RE4, I say RE4 was considerably harder, but I found both games to be challenging and yet very replayable as well.

I've beaten RE4 about 6 or 7 times (twice on Pro mode), and I'm almost done with my 2nd playthrough of Dead Space (1st on medium, 2nd on hard). My point is that I just love both games a lot:D.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie

If you find a game too easy why dont you just turn up the difficulty setting?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

lol Dead Space aint that easy, RE4 is way easier actually. but uh RE5 looks even easier. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Dead Space is easy yeah, but there is one thing for sure: both are awesome.  And that is all that matters for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.