Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Interview with Resident evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By daniel_beck_90

Joystiq had an interview with Resident evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi.

The interview does not reveal so much beyond what has already been announced ,but its is great to know things like Takeuchi 's attitude towards Shinji Mikami the series famous designer  !!! whenhe says “So I am not really sure I want to know actually what he thinks of it. Probably, he is the last person whose opinion I want to ask about the game. “ .

Takeuchi also mentioned that control scheme and level design will make more sense so long the player experience the whole game (not just a demo) .

Read the full interview here

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Joystiq had an interview with Resident evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi.

The interview does not reveal so much beyond what has already been announced ,but its is great to know things like Takeuchi 's attitude towards Shinji Mikami the series famous designer  !!! whenhe says “So I am not really sure I want to know actually what he thinks of it. Probably, he is the last person whose opinion I want to ask about the game. “ .

Takeuchi also mentioned that control scheme and level design will make more sense so long the player experience the whole game (not just a demo) .

Read the full interview here

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Woah woah, let's not take Jun Takeuchi's quote out of context now, I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate Shinji Mikami...

I just went and found my copy of EGM, November 2008, here's what he says during an interview, I can scan if for you if it want:
    EGM: Top five favorite things about Resident Evil?
    Jun Takeuchi: "But my NO.1 favorite thing about Resident Evil is Shinji Mikami. It's thanks to his hard work that the series is here and [was] allowed to continue."

Edit: I think what he means is that he would be afraid that Shinji would not like the direction they decided to go with the RE5 and that's why he would not want Shinji's opinion on it.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

^ I do not know , what he said in that  interview is in direct contradiction to what he said to Joystiq I am afraid

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru
    Has the lack of Shinji Mikami involvement affected this game? Do you think it is something that he would want to play? Would he approve?

Obviously the fact that Mikami is not involved in the title, especially in the early stages of making the title, did have a big influence on us, and it put a lot of pressure on us right at the start. As for what he would say if he was to play the game, I guess I can't really say. Of course because he is not involved in the game, it has gone in a different direction than I am sure he would have taken it himself.

So I am not really sure I want to know actually what he thinks of it. Probably, he is the last person whose opinion I want to ask about the game.
    I'm going to have to stand behind him not hating Shinji Mikami. Saying he doesn't want Shinji's opinion does not indicate to me that he has hate for the man at all. As Jun says, "it has gone in a different direction than I am sure he would have taken it himself," basically I think of it as Jun taking away Shinji's "baby" because Capcom put him in charge of it, and thus Jun took a different direction than Shinji would have taken with it. Jun is probably guessing that Shinji would not like the direction RE5 has gone and Jun would probably be ashamed that Capcom had carried the franchise without Shinji Mikami.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Maybe you are right but I still can not digest the fact that a person who claims to be an admirer of Shinji Mikami's work would say "Probably, he is the last person whose opinion I want to ask about the game. " It just does not make any sense .
    anyway , I have deleted the word "Hate"since I never say no to respectful ladies :) 

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By The_Icon

Resident evil 6 will be the reboot, interesting.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

^ I hope they could implement it well , the series really need a reboot .This being said I am looking forward to RE5 nevertheless .

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By PureRok
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    " Maybe you are right but I still can not digest the fact that a person who claims to be an admirer of Shinji Mikami's work would say "Probably, he is the last person whose opinion I want to ask about the game. " It just does not make any sense .
    anyway , I have deleted the word "Hate"since I never say no to respectful ladies :) 
    "
    It makes sense to me. Nobody wants rejection from the person they admire.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By clubsandwich
    brukaoru said:
    "Woah woah, let's not take Jun Takeuchi's quote out of context now, I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate Shinji Mikami...

I just went and found my copy of EGM, November 2008, here's what he says during an interview, I can scan if for you if it want:
    EGM: Top five favorite things about Resident Evil?
    Jun Takeuchi: "But my NO.1 favorite thing about Resident Evil is Shinji Mikami. It's thanks to his hard work that the series is here and [was] allowed to continue."

Edit: I think what he means is that he would be afraid that Shinji would not like the direction they decided to go with the RE5 and that's why he would not want Shinji's opinion on it.
    "
    yup, that's pretty much what he meant.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

That is an interesting read. I am sure the controls will make more sense once we get to play them more. If I played a demo of RE4 now I would probably be baffled a bit but I still play that game to this day.  The "reboot being RE6" also interests me. It will be interesting to see how it shapes out.

He should also play Dead Space more. He'll see what he is missing.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "That is an interesting read. I am sure the controls will make more sense once we get to play them more. If I played a demo of RE4 now I would probably be baffled a bit but I still play that game to this day.  The "reboot being RE6" also interests me. It will be interesting to see how it shapes out.

He should also play Dead Space more. He'll see what he is missing.
    "
    I do not play demos either simply because they never show the ultimate potential of games .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.