Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Playing RE 5 is making me love Dead Space even more.

ToRo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ToRo

I've been playing my gamefly copy all day today and I have been thinking "If only if this were more like Dead Space". I mean seriously, why have those cumbersome controls in RE 5 if it's not even Scary? Is for the tension? Because if it is then I call bullshit. Dead Space has enough tension to keep an elephant at bay and it doesn't control like a tank simulator. Anyone agree/disagree?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I've gotta say, after having a day to think about my opinions of RE5, I have to agree.  I think Dead Space grabbed me by the balls and refuses to let go.  It doesn't necessarily do anything new, but what it does do...it does it right, and it does it well.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Guardian

From what i've read, I'll probably come to the same sad realization when I play the game. I loves RE4, but Dead Space really took the 3rd person survival horror game and ran with it. And above everything else, I love the scary factor in games; and Dead Space looks to be scarier. 

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Controls in Dead Sapce are better simply becasue it follows the Gears of War formula .

ToRo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ToRo
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Controls in Dead Sapce are better simply becasue it follows the Gears of War formula . "
    Have you even played Dead Space? Your one those people think Dead Space is "another space marine shooter" aren't you? If you would actually play the game you would know that the only difference between the controls in Dead Space and RE 5 is that Dead Space is that it lets you move while you shoot, albeit slowly. And last time I checked, you can't  take cover in Dead Space. Fact of the matter is that in a world where Dead Space exists there is no excuse for RE 5 to have controls like that. ESPECIALLY if it's not even scary anymore.
    Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

i think RE5 controls just fine, although so far i'm only halfway through Act 2 and enemies with firearms are starting to become more common, which could easily get annoying. but at the moment i'm in agreement with Brad's 5/5 review.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

Dead Space takes a huge dump on RE5. Dead Space is way scarier, its way more fun than RE5, and just overall, Dead Space's gameplay is way more satisfying than RE5.

RE6? no thanks. Dead Space 2? HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kratos81

For me deadspace is a better game in every way. Its more fun to shoot in deadspace, its actually scary at times, I think the story is better also. IM on chapter 4 in RE5 and so far the story seems lame. SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me guess the person with the mask you are chasing is jill right. Im also sure the Josh sheva's friend is in on it as well. 

Buckwyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Buckwyld

I haven't played either game, but am looking forward to both. I will have to do a comparison and see which one I think is better.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kratos81
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Controls in Dead Sapce are better simply becasue it follows the Gears of War formula . "
    The Gears formula is the standard and is only going to get better for a 3rd person shooter. This is what happens games evolve. {except re}
    papero2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By papero2

Yea i felt the same way, once you played with deadspace controls  you  can see the wasted potential on RE5.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    ToRo said:
    "I've been playing my gamefly copy all day today and I have been thinking "If only if this were more like Dead Space". I mean seriously, why have those cumbersome controls in RE 5 if it's not even Scary? Is for the tension? Because if it is then I call bullshit. Dead Space has enough tension to keep an elephant at bay and it doesn't control like a tank simulator. Anyone agree/disagree? "
    thats exactly what i was thinking. this feels like a mediocre action game, since there is absolutely no fear factor whatsoever. 
    The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By The_Dude

Oh hay Resident Evil game, you play like a Resident Evil game! Seriously though, I love dead space, its one of my favorite games from last year. However, this is RE we are talking about here, the controllers are not inferior, its just a different game with a different pace. If you don't like it either deal with it, or don't play it. I have played all the main RE games and this one is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.