Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Early adopter impressions?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Genkkaku

@Sackmanjones: I've played chapter 1 of all and Jake's is better than Chris's minus the absolutely terrible boss, that was so much of a god damn chore.. I'm gonna try marathon the rest of the game tonight/ tomorrow, public holiday for the win

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#102  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Sackmanjones: I've played chapter 1 of all and Jake's is better than Chris's minus the absolutely terrible boss, that was so much of a god damn chore.. I'm gonna try marathon the rest of the game tonight/ tomorrow, public holiday for the win

I went through Jake's first chapter before I went to bed and I have to agree. Frankly from what I've played all of the boss battles have been rather crappy and it's one of the game's most notable flaws.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee said:

@Genkkaku said:

I went through Jake's first chapter before I went to bed and I have to agree. Frankly from what I've played all of the boss battles have been rather crappy and it's one of the game's most notable flaws.

His stuff gets worse.. In chapter 2 the entire back end is a sneaking part with a failstate one-hit-kill and in chapter 3 in lieu of a boss how about a tank.. Each of his chaptrers so far are half decent/ half terrible.. in Chp 1 I didn't mind the first encounter or the Giant B.O.W's those were interesting and kinda fun.. Gotta wonder what they were doing in the design of this game, RE5 took the wrong road from RE4 but still a fun game and this one not as much

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@Genkkaku said:

His stuff gets worse.. In chapter 2 the entire back end is a sneaking part with a failstate one-hit-kill and in chapter 3 in lieu of a boss how about a tank.. Each of his chaptrers so far are half decent/ half terrible.. in Chp 1 I didn't mind the first encounter or the Giant B.O.W's those were interesting and kinda fun.. Gotta wonder what they were doing in the design of this game, RE5 took the wrong road from RE4 but still a fun game and this one not as much

Wow. Instant fail-state stealth and underwater segments (by which I mean during Leon's campaign)... When you also consider the amount of QTE's that pollute the game, and not to mention all of the conveniently placed red barrels everywhere, a large majority of RE6's design is looking outright dated.

All it needs now is some first-person platforming ;P

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: Underwater? really.. The QTE are really starting to get to me.. Also did I mention the snow mobile segment (at which I died 3 times because I was either to far right/ left or turned to late) which is lead up to by a really cool open area segment and then a defend this spot bit.. There is some really cool things in this game like the stuff I saw in Leon's segment, the reintroduction of zombies and the possibility of slow atmospheric horror then there's so many things that make me want to turn it off and play something else (specifically fighting so many enemies with guns, it's just not fun at all).. They really need to either rest this game for a bit or really go back to the drawing boards and RE4 style re-invent the genre

All it needs now is some first-person platforming ;P

Nice!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku: I just got through that very chapter, and yeah the more open nature of the first half of the chapter was OK. Trying to get around was a hassle, though, especially when it came time to head to the cabin. But that stealth segment really is just downright laughably bad and rudimentary. I also think it's pretty stupid how as Jake when you need to gain Ustanak's attention while Sherry goes to collect the key card, it has to be with a remote explosive... first time I used a flashbang and that apparently gave away Sherry' position >_>'

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By cannonballbam

@Yummylee: Lets hope you use a crank on the next boss.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Yummylee

@cannonballBAM: Ah, you mean because I prefer the older games. Well erm, Boom? Naaah... not quite.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By jimmyfenix

are you doing veteran difficulty with jakes campaign ?

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By dropabombonit

Going to wait for reviews for this game, didn't like the demo.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#111  Edited By musubi
    @Yummylee So, you think worth trading in Sleepy Dogs and Darksiders 2 to give this a try?
    Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hows the puzzles? ...................

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By cannonballbam

@Yummylee: haha. At least you bought it. Good job.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By Sackmanjones

That's a bummer about the boss fights =/. I've never been a boss fight guy anyway but I will push through it.

Also maybe it's because your playing on a harder difficulty that the bosses are givin you more trouble!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Sackmanjones

Word on the street is Chris's first 2 chapters are the worst in the game and from there it turns up. Lets hope this is true!! 

I've had a blast reading about this game though, it is insane how crazy the game is what what people think of it. Give Capcom credit, it certainly does sound like they created 3 full separate games under one roof (not even counting Ada!)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jimmyfenix

i saw a guy beat that boss in jakes campaign hand to hand 0_o

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By CptBedlam

@Sackmanjones said:

Word on the street is Chris's first 2 chapters are the worst in the game and from there it turns up. Lets hope this is true!! I've had a blast reading about this game though, it is insane how crazy the game is what what people think of it. Give Capcom credit, it certainly does sound like they created 3 full separate games under one roof (not even counting Ada!)

Yep, it seems to be an extremely divisive game and judging from the demo, it definitely has its rough edges. However, it sounds like they created a game that is fairly different from both RE4 and RE5 which is something I already give them credit for.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @CptBedlam: Absolutely. They took a HUGE gamble with the game and you just don't see that from large companies. Im looking forward to playing it
    sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By sjosz

Is there single console campaign coop in there? You'd almost expect it but with the weapon upgrading gone I don't know.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Yummylee said:

Wait, what?? Apparently you can just play the game with infinite ammo right from the outset @_@ Still, there's an appreciative amount of customisation when it comes to the lobby. You can of course set it to open, private ect. but there's also a playstyle setting, where you can decide whether you're playing just for the story, for points, for ''serious players'', for collecting emblems and so forth. So speaking for teaming with randoms, which lol no anyway, that's kinda neat.

That Agent Hunt thing is also an additional setting as well, which... huh, well OK then. Just really surprised that they hand you these options right at the beginning of your progress.

Wait wut? Explain.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Yummylee

@jimmyfenix said:

are you doing veteran difficulty with jakes campaign ?

Veteran, ya. Still been sorta easy thus far, though.

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee So, you think worth trading in Sleepy Dogs and Darksiders 2 to give this a try?

Errrr... well just by own my principle, no I wouldn't trade those games in Whether or not you should get RE6, though? I dunno, it's not a game I'd recommend for full price. The majority of Leon's campaign is puurrty gooood. But even that has a lot of issues like the ones I've already mentioned (crappy boss battles, zombies that you can't shoot until they inevitably 'wake up' ect.) And Chris' and Jake's... they're still kinda meh from what I've played thus far.

@cannonballBAM said:

@Yummylee: haha. At least you bought it. Good job.

What do you mean ''at least I bought it''? Do you actually work at CAPCOM or something.

@Sackmanjones said:

That's a bummer about the boss fights =/. I've never been a boss fight guy anyway but I will push through it. Also maybe it's because your playing on a harder difficulty that the bosses are givin you more trouble!

No, they're just bad boss battles. There's very little feedback when you're shooting them (Ustanak in particular) and they usually go on for far too long. The ending boss battles in Leon's campaigns go on for fucking forever. There hasn't been a single one thus far that's been much of any fun.

@Sjosz said:

Is there single console campaign coop in there? You'd almost expect it but with the weapon upgrading gone I don't know.

You mean splitscreen? Yeah, it's in here. Though it's just like RE5's terrible split-screen AKA this:

No Caption Provided

@kishinfoulux said:

@Yummylee said:

Wait, what?? Apparently you can just play the game with infinite ammo right from the outset @_@ Still, there's an appreciative amount of customisation when it comes to the lobby. You can of course set it to open, private ect. but there's also a playstyle setting, where you can decide whether you're playing just for the story, for points, for ''serious players'', for collecting emblems and so forth. So speaking for teaming with randoms, which lol no anyway, that's kinda neat.

That Agent Hunt thing is also an additional setting as well, which... huh, well OK then. Just really surprised that they hand you these options right at the beginning of your progress.

Wait wut? Explain.

That was my mistake. It does actually give you the option right there to ''allow/disallow infinite ammo'' but it's, initially, only a setting for when you're playing online with other players who have unlocked it. It isn't unlocked from the start.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By Bocam

Has there been any funny stupid stuff in Chris's campaign (ie. him fighting a rock)?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By musubi
    @Yummylee Well keep in mind I've S-Ranked both of them. Nothing left to do.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Demoskinos: Are you a big Resident Evil fan? 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492847&page=42 

I put a thread from Neogaf that I have been reading a lot. There a few minor spoilers to dodge but for the most part they are covered (only spoilers Ive see are Mec costumes)  Anyway there are some really great impressions on there, espeically the user name "Dusk Golem" He has written a ton of excellent impressions from page 42 on and even rated the chapters on how good and bad they are. I hope this helps your decision.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
    deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the demo

MIND BLOWN

Especially after running a second pas of RE5 last week. Wow. Small changes to the controls but that make all the difference!

The game also seems way better solo than RE5 solo was!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Yummylee

@Bocam said:

Has there been any funny stupid stuff in Chris's campaign (ie. him fighting a rock)?

The big baddie of Leon's campaign goes through a variety of transformations, so you eventually go against shit what looks like a giant fleshy tyrannosaurus and a beetle EDIT: actually I suppose it's more of a giant fly. As I said, the battles themselves are rubbish, but... preeeettty craaaaaazzzzzyyy, right?.. I haven't touched much of Chris' campaign yet, and Jake's I'm up to the third chapter. Nothing completely ridiculous so far, though I am currently trying to avoid a tank inside some large Chinese complex.

This chapter's actually been OK so far, but I feel like I'm always being compliant when I I'm looking for something to compliment. It's like ''this game's overall not especially great, but hey this part isn't so bad!''. Jake himself is a likeable character at least, courtesy of another fine performance by Troy Baker. The similarities to Dante are definitely very apparent, though. Lot of silly one liners being thrown around everywhere.

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee Well keep in mind I've S-Ranked both of them. Nothing left to do.

...You might as well get it; chances are you'll enjoy it a lot more than I have.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#128  Edited By Phatmac
    @Bocam Haha, I love that scene so damn much.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Yummylee: Heard the variety of enemies is pretty diverse in Jake's, has that been true so far? And without spoiling too much does the whole "Son of Wesker" thing play into the story much?  

BTW thanks for answering all these questions it's been awesome since Amazon didn't accidentally send my copy early. Those bastards. 

@Bocam: Hey! Chris kicked the shit outta that rock! Watch yourself!
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Yummylee

Just gone done with that bike chase they've shown in some of the trailers... it was pretty mediocre.

@Sackmanjones said:

And without spoiling too much does the whole "Son of Wesker" thing play into the story much?

They've talked about it here and there, as has Sherry and the downfall of her own dad.

There was a pretty typical scene of Jake going all ''I'm the son of a narcissitic loon so I guess I must be, too!'' and blames his life as a mercenary on his dad. Sherry then of course tells him to take responsibility for himself and his own actions yadda yadda, like she has. Also Sherry has regenerative powers because of the 'leftovers' of the G-Virus Birkin infected her with, though it doesn't factor into the gameplay or anything. Far as I can tell, I guess Jake really is the legitimate son of Albert Wesker... Least that's certainly how the story is going with it thus far, which is supremely disappointing. And fucking weird.

Furthermore, the whole concept of chapter 3 was that Jake & Sherry were captured and held for testing for 6 months, yet we see none of it... no sort of montage or anything like that. It just begins '6 months later' when Jake inexplicably decides to escape. That's kinda shitty.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jimmyfenix

Gametrailers gave re 6 8.8 but took the video review down cause of the embargo. Brad will probably give it 3 stars and kevin van ord will probably give it a 7 . I just dont see this game getting a 4.5

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Genkkaku

@Sackmanjones: You mostly fight J'avo's with Jake but the way they transform level to level is really cool

@Yummylee: The bike chase was the worst and the level starts to turn up from there so I'm hoping the end of that chapter and 5 are good.. I guess I'll see

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku: Just completed Jake's campaign, and fortunately it does pick up as it goes on. Both the end boss battle and the ending itself are better than Leon's at that, and somewhat more satisfying. I'm still extremely disappointed with Jake's story, though, and Jake's campaign still pales in comparison to Leon's overall.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sackmanjones

Keep looking through that gaf thread and man, something happens on the back half of Chris's campaign that must be amazing. Can't count all the comments that look like this, " Just finished Chris's campaign and hooollly shit!". Very excited for Tuesday!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @Yummylee: Sorry if you've answered this before, but how long would you say each campaign is, as well as an estimated overall game length?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Yummylee

@OneKillWonder_: Around 5-6 hours each I'd say, least that's roughly how long Leon's and Jake's were and I have to imagine Chris' is about the same; Ada's may be a little shorter? Either way... there's a lot of stuff here.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By musubi

I think I need to see this train wreck firsthand. Hopefully Gamestop still has that trade bonus towards RE6.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jimmyfenix

@Demoskinos , its not a train wreck its just like re 5 some people will like and some people wont . It has its problems but it has its high points aswell

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#139  Edited By GoofyGoober

The demo was horrible and wonky, made me wish I couldn't move and shoot again. Plus the look of it was shit.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: Yeah just finished then, that last QTE was not great but I liked the campaign as a whole.. and yeah that whole missing bit, I assume must be filled in with Ada maybe, if not thats a huge hole and bad story telling..

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By cannonballbam

@Yummylee: Yup.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Sackmanjones

There 2 pretty good user reviews on youtube for people to check out. Will see if I can find em and post em here.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I started on Chris's campaign and it is kind of painful in the beginning. It is really hard to see stuff with the terrible camera, narrow environments and everything being so dark. It does pick up after the first chapter with some cool events and some open environments so it is getting better.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Genkkaku

@AcidBrandon18: I've found most of the game's a little to dark so I upped the in-game brightness early one

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @AcidBrandon18 I've gotten uses to the camera. Have it set to 4 and I think it's pretty fine now. Still clunky every now and then but overall it's fine.

I do agree with @Genkkaku though. The game is dark so I turned it as high as possible and adjusted the tv also
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Sackmanjones

3,000th post!  

Now I can never post again

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Yummylee

Alritey, just about to start Chris' Chapter 4. Much like Jake's, it has the odd moment, but otherwise it's mostly hit and miss. The invisible snake boss battle was pretty good, as was the ending during Chapter 2 in Edonia. But then there's shit like the helicopter boss battles which are horrendous, and Chris' also just happens to have another lame vehicle set-piece. I spose I actually prefer this to Jake's, though, if only because I do like my Redfields. And Piers isn't so bad, either.

At this point, however, this is actually starting to feel like work... I'm continuing on through the game because I feel that I have to, not because I'm excited to play more.

EDIT: Oh Christ, I've got to fly a fucking Jet now?!

EDIT2: OK, well, that's Chris' down. The ending segments were certainly... surprising. The end boss itself was so so; not the worst, but like all of the game's bosses it wasn't anything special.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By thatdutchguy

Glad i cancelled my pre-order.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#149  Edited By MrMuscle

Ive gotten half way thru Leons second chapter and got a few impressions so far. First of all it feels very hectic! I played thru RE 4 last year and RE 5 for the 7th time earlier this year so they are kinda fresh in mind. And i cant seem to recall either of them being like this, not right out the gate anyway. Im having a hard time keeping controll of all the mobs at the same time. But i guess that just is something you have to get used to.

You can dodge roll now but i never seem to remember that when the beasties lunge for me. And lunge they do, frequently. It just seems like they move just a tad to fast for my skill level so i tend to have to do some quick time event to get them off me again and again.

I got a little upset when i understood that you werent gonna get to buy and upgrade guns. But the skill system seems like it can work nicely. Ive gotten my quick reload skill bought and that helps me a lot.

But i DO enjoy it, immensely (when im not dying). The first chapter of Leons campaign built some great atmosphere for me and i loved how it all just goes to hell really fast.

It will take me ages to go thru this game though since im currently waist deep in Borderlands 2. But it will be a game i will play over and over im sure.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Yummylee so how would you sum up the 3 main campaigns?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.