Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

I don't get the internet on RE6.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#101  Edited By damswedon

@msavo said:

@Klei said:

@WarlordPayne said:

I don't care how long and feature rich a game is when it plays like shit.

It plays fine. You run, you shoot, you collect items. Do you have one hand and a hook? I knew a guy like this. We called him Steel Clicka'. 'Was a mean motherfucker at FPS games.

Fuck you can run, shoot and collect items?!?!?! GOTY here. Seriously you sound like that Fable The Journey ad.

Resident Evil 6. It's not on rails.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@DoctorWelch: Because it's not a better RE5, it's a much worse RE5 in pure gameplay concerns. They broke a perfect combat system and replaced it with something that hardly works.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By EpicSteve

The game is mechanically fine. I haven't encountered any intrusive camera or control issues. I have more of a problem with it just being boring.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#104  Edited By DocHaus

This Thread said:

Stop not liking things I like!

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Brodehouse said:

@DoctorWelch: Because it's not a better RE5, it's a much worse RE5 in pure gameplay concerns. They broke a perfect combat system and replaced it with something that hardly works.

How though? Everything that Brad complained about in the QL (other than the missed head stomps) is basically what Resident Evil has always been.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By AltonBrown

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

Schadenfreude.

Nailed it. I can get people not liking something, but actively taking pleasure in other people's distaste for a game? Weird.

@DoctorWelch: The aiming and movement can be a little wonky until you get used to it, but otherwise I think it plays okay. It's certainly not as broken as some folks are making it out to be, in any case.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is one of those situations where you say your peace and walk away. Telling everyone they're looking at something wrong will probably do everything except enlighten them to the perspective you think is right.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SargeGulp

@DoctorWelch: What were the QT events like in RE5? I don't remember them being so numerous, but it's been awhile.

@DocHaus: It also seems to be a bit stop not disliking things that everyone else dislikes.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By Jace

@Klei said:

@WarlordPayne said:

It plays fine. You run, you shoot, you collect items. Do you have one hand and a hook? I knew a guy like this. We called him Steel Clicka'. 'Was a mean motherfucker at FPS games.

No, it doesn't. It's clunky and poorly designed.I think you have listening problems. Go re-watch the Quick Look. Brad EXPLICITLY states he would've loved the game if it hadn't failed so miserably at a basic mechanical level. People do like CoD and BF and GoW. Why? Well, for starters, none of those games control like shit. Say what you want about them, but they do play well.

TL;DR: Get over yourself.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DoctorWelch

@SargeGulp: Yeah, there basically wasn't as many, but it's pretty much the same shit. There was plenty of "Press A to open door/help partner onto ledge" kind of thing. I understand if the game is maybe not as good as RE 4 or RE 5, but I feel like people who loved those games are suddenly acting like this game is some kind of blasphemous atrocity, when it's still basically the same thing.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cexantus

You know, people trying to defend this game are doing a fairly awful job at it. "It's totally not that bad" is a poor argument for any game, particular one with the pedigree of the Resident Evil series.

Maybe it isn't that awful--I agree that the internet can be prone to hyperbole--but this doesn't look like a game that's worth paying full price for.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By Klei

@Jacesaid:

@Klei said:

@WarlordPayne said:

No, it doesn't. It's clunky and poorly designed.I think you have listening problems. Go re-watch the Quick Look. Brad EXPLICITLY states he would've loved the game if it hadn't failed so miserably at a basic mechanical level. People do like CoD and BF and GoW. Why? Well, for starters, none of those games control like shit. Say what you want about them, but they do play well.

I never watched the quicklook. Especially when I know Brad's behind the controller. He's horrible except at rts and doom-likes. He's all like '' oh god oh god '' and is unable to do very basic maneuvers. I shouldn't have to watch people reload a checkpoint. Especially not full-on game reviewers who basically play games all day. But hey, that's camera stress. I dig that. And maybe Brad didn't die in his RE6 quicklook. I'll give him that.

That said, Re6 doesn't '' fail miserably ''. It has control issues, sure, like a shit fucking asston of games. You're exaggerating, but it's pretty common with people like you. Ever tried to go from an AoE spinning attack, holding L1, into a counter or block, in God of War? Chances are, you'll try to counter, but often you'll do that weak spinning move instead, getting you insta-killed in the highest difficulty modes.. So, in your definition, it's SHIT control.

TL;DR Get over yourself.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#113  Edited By musubi

@Jace said:

@Klei said:

@WarlordPayne said:

Brad must be playing a different game. I don't see what is broken about it. I've played 4 chapters so far and enjoying it. Even the "stealth" section in Jake's chapter wasn't that bad at all.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jace

@Klei said:

"Here's an arbitrary thing that happens in a GoW game as my counter argument."

Yeah, nah. Brad loved the RE series. He loved 5 in the face of criticism and helped Vinny s-rank it in co-op. Tip: Brad isn't the only one shitting on RE6. He's just one of the few that could've held a different opinion due to his love of the previous games in the franchise. Alas, he found the game to be so poor that even HE couldn't bear it. Not only that he couldn't bear it, but actively told people not to buy it.

Brad actively told people not to buy a game that could end one of his favorite franchises by having abysmal sales.

Nah, you're right. It's probably fine.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By laserbolts

I haven't touched the game or even the demo so I do not have an opinion on the quality of the game. From the quick look it seemed that maybe the controls can take a while to get used to but besides that it seemed half decent. The thing is is that you shouldn't let the internets reaction to the game get to you. I'm assuming you are enjoying it and isn't that all that matters in this case? Sure if this was a small franchise and the reaction to it had a huge impact on the franchise continuing I could see why you are concerned. But this is Resident Evil. It will sell well regardless of the reception it gets and I'll eat everyone's hats, shirts and pants in this thread if they announce no Resident Evil 7. I will pay shipping and everything. Bottom line is don't worry about what other people think as long as you feel it is a good game.

cexantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By cexantus

@Klei:

Wait what? So then what's the difference between a shitty game and a fun game? So should we just disregard every bad review because "every game has issues?"

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By AngeTheDude

@Klei: Your opinion isn't even worth defending because you're unwilling to understand people's viewpoints that are different from yours. Some people are unhappy with a game they wanted so badly to love. Is it that hard to understand? We're Giant Bomb Duders. We are willing to let a lot of game jank go if there is a fun time to be had. With that said, RE 6 is FUCKING BROKEN. If you like the game, good on you. Keep playing and stop shitting on anyone who doesn't like it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Hunkulese

They tries to appeal to a wider audience and alienated their hardcore fans by straying too far away from what made them love Resident Evil. They also created sub par versions of the games they tried to emulate so no one liked the game.

Are you really trying to argue that length has anything to do with the quality of the game?

Also just because your circle of friends didn't like it doesn't mean nobody liked the first game.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Klei

@AngeTheDude said:

@Klei: Your opinion isn't even worth defending because you're unwilling to understand people's viewpoints that are different from yours. Some people are unhappy with a game they wanted so badly to love. Is it that hard to understand? We're Giant Bomb Duders. We are willing to let a lot of game jank go if there is a fun time to be had. With that said, RE 6 is FUCKING BROKEN. If you like the game, good on you. Keep playing and stop shitting on anyone who doesn't like it.

I'm just saying hey guys, stop acting like this game personally insulted your dead ancestors and, you know, CHILL? People blow the shit out of proportion. Name this game like, '' Resident Evil Dead Zone '' and dude, people would love it. Brand it 6, and DAMNNNNN.

Also for someone who says that I'm not ''willing to understand internet user's viewpoints'', you're pretty much doing the same thing. Mister Giantbomb Duder. But it's ok, I've got a big heart and I've learned to have a good time even when I'm arguing with touchy people.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By Animasta

@Klei said:

@AngeTheDude said:

What is it that you don't get in this thread? Maybe the part where I'm kind of saying hey guys, stop acting like this game personally insulted your dead ancestors and, you know, CHILL?

but you are exactly like those people are

you should take your own advice maybe? it's not a super big deal anyway because even you admit the game is mediocre (or at least has loads of problems)

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RE5's QTE were fucking stupid.  RE6 actually looks way worse than RE5 and the gunplay looks retarded.  

Soffish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Soffish

Personally I've always felt that Resident evil games played like total crap, so I've found this whole thing to be both vindicating and a bit confusing.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#123  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

@Klei said:

@AngeTheDude said:

I'm just saying hey guys, stop acting like this game personally insulted your dead ancestors and, you know, CHILL? People blow the shit out of proportion. Name this game like, '' Resident Evil Dead Zone '' and dude, people would love it. Brand it 6, and DAMNNNNN.

Also for someone who says that I'm not ''willing to understand internet user's viewpoints'', you're pretty much doing the same thing. Mister Giantbomb Duder. But it's ok, I've got a big heart and I've learned to have a good time even when I'm arguing with touchy people.

You are the one acting like people disliking this game insulted your dead ancestors. You like the game a whole lot, and the overwhelming majority thinks it's shit. That sucks man, I get that. But let it go.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#124  Edited By TheHT

@Klei said:

Now, RE is considered a super huge series, but back in the days, no one liked it. And I'm going to stand my ground on this. I remember trying to convince everybody to play with me, but no one liked it.

What the fuck are you talking about. Resident Evil is a beloved franchise, and that didn't start with 4.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ViciousReiven

I don't get it either, all people's complaints with it seem to be the exact same complaints as 4/5 despite the fact 6 plays just as good if not better in some spots.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By napalm

@FlarePhoenix said:

TL;DR: WAHH!!!! People are complaining about a game I like! People should stop being such meanies, and how DARE they like games that I don't. Everyone should just conform to my opinion!

Way to blow the OP out of the water. Pat yourself on the back, I guess. He likes Resident Evil 6. No more, no less.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a shame this whole thing has become so combative.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#128  Edited By LiquidPrince

The internet likes to whine. Big surprise I know... If you enjoy it, keep enjoying it. People will complain about everything, always.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Baillie

@SirPsychoSexy said:

You are the one acting like people disliking this game insulted your dead ancestors. You like the game a whole lot, and the overwhelming majority thinks it's shit. That sucks man, I get that. But let it go.

I have yet to see a valid reason as to why, other than not liking Resident Evil 4 and 5 either. They aren't much different.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jace

@Klei said:

@AngeTheDude said:

Name this game like, '' Resident Evil Dead Zone '' and dude, people would love it. Brand it 6, and DAMNNNNN.

What does that even MEAN? People have a vendetta against the number 6?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By EXTomar

@ViciousReiven said:

I don't get it either, all people's complaints with it seem to be the exact same complaints as 4/5 despite the fact 6 plays just as good if not better in some spots.

I am not sure RE4 could be released in today's market either or at the very least would even more divisive. Times have changed along with expectations.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@Napalm said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

TL;DR: WAHH!!!! People are complaining about a game I like! People should stop being such meanies, and how DARE they like games that I don't. Everyone should just conform to my opinion!

Way to blow the OP out of the water. Pat yourself on the back, I guess. He likes Resident Evil 6. No more, no less.

Hehe, if he had just come out and said "Despite what some people have said, I think Resident Evil 6 is a pretty good game. It has...(and went on with why he felt it was good)" I wouldn't have had a problem. But that's not what he did. He told everyone off for not liking the game. He attacked everyone who likes Call of Duty, Battlefield, God of War, and Batman, and accused us of all being crybabies who just hate everything.

But hey if you want to defend behaviour like that, be my guest.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Milkman

They "cry" because the game sucks. People like Resident Evil (I like Resident Evil) and people get upset when something they like ends up bad. It's not that hard to "get" the reaction. I'm already sick of you idiots talking about this.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Milkman
    @Baillie said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

I have yet to see a valid reason as to why, other than not liking Resident Evil 4 and 5 either. They aren't much different.

If you have let to hear a valid reason why RE 6 is bad, you can't read. Go literally anywhere on the internet.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By napalm

@FlarePhoenix said:

@Napalm said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

Hehe, if he had just come out and said "Despite what some people have said, I think Resident Evil 6 is a pretty good game. It has...(and went on with why he felt it was good)" I wouldn't have had a problem. But that's not what he did. He told everyone off for not liking the game. He attacked everyone who likes Call of Duty, Battlefield, God of War, and Batman, and accused us of all being crybabies who just hate everything.

I'm not defending his behavior. I'm telling you that there was no reason to straw man his argument and dilute it to just bitching. You haven't done the topic any favor, (not that this topic even needed to be made anyway).

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sort of agree with OP, the hate is a bit too much. I played the demo and had minimal complaints. It's not a great game, but I'd say good enough to play when the price gets more fair.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@Napalm said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

@Napalm said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

I'm not defending his behavior. I'm telling you that there was no reason to straw man his argument and dilute it to just bitching. You haven't done the topic any favor, (not that this topic even needed to be made anyway).

Well, you did kind of leave out this bit:

"Seriously dude, it's called an opinion. Some people aren't going to like a game that you like. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy 13, which a lot of people did not, but I didn't go onto a forum and cry like a little baby about it. I just said "well their opinion doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game, and I can even see some of the point they are making". If you can't handle opinions, you might want to consider disconnecting your Internet service because you'll be coming across them a lot here."

You know, where I actually made my point.

Also, his comment was just bitching. If you notice, he barely talks about Resident Evil 6 itself, spends most of his time on the other Resident Evil Games, the rest of it bitching about how people like games he doesn't, and all he really says about RE6 was "It has modes that plays to each of the older game's strengths". I'm sorry, but if you're going to call people out on liking games you don't (kind of ironic considering his complaint) and not offer up anything substantial on why the game you're supposed to be defending is good, I'm going to call you out for bitching. Because that is all that comment was.

It would be the equivalent of me going "HOW DARE NO BODY ELSE LIKE THE STAR WARS PREQUELS! THE FIRST THREE WERE SUCH EPICS AND THE PREQUELS PLAY TO THE FIRST MOVIE'S STRENGTHS! IT HAS DARTH VADER AND BOBA FETT IN THEM, BUT STILL PEOPLE KEEP BITCHING FOR NO REASON!!"

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@TheHT said:

@Klei said:

Now, RE is considered a super huge series, but back in the days, no one liked it. And I'm going to stand my ground on this. I remember trying to convince everybody to play with me, but no one liked it.

What the fuck are you talking about. Resident Evil is a beloved franchise, and that didn't start with 4.

Yeah, I can't imagine a series no one liked would make it to a fourth game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @FlarePhoenix

@TheHT said:

@Klei said:

Yeah, I can't imagine a series no one liked would make it to a fourth game.

It's true. Before RE4, Resident Evil was a different series made by another, Danish company called Capcom and it was just coincidence that they had the same characters and such. Resident Evil 4 was originally Resident Evil 4Ever as tribute to the other series but the printing company messed up every one of the covers.
    jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@Klei said:

RE6 releases. Four fucking campaigns to honor each of RE's strengths.

RE has no strengths.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By TheHumanDove

@jayjonesjunior said:

@Klei said:

RE has no strengths.

Vita has no games

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes, and switch the reticle to classic. You'll see it's much more satisfying not to mention easier.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By jayjonesjunior

@TheHumanDove said:

@jayjonesjunior said:

@Klei said:

RE has no strengths.

Vita has no games

define games.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By TheHumanDove

@jayjonesjunior said:

@TheHumanDove said:

@jayjonesjunior said:

@Klei said:

RE has no strengths.

Vita has no games

define games.

wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ShaggE

@TheHumanDove said:

@jayjonesjunior said:

@Klei said:

RE has no strengths.

Vita has no games

I have no son.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SargeGulp

@TheHumanDove: I don't like what you say but I like your avatar.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#147  Edited By ManMadeGod

The biggest surprise to come out of this entire debate for me was that people liked RE5. Dam

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By TheHumanDove

@SargeGulp said:

@TheHumanDove: I don't like what you say but I like your avatar.

You don't like what I say, you love what I say

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By SargeGulp

@TheHumanDove: Now are you askin me.. or are you tellin me?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheHumanDove

@SargeGulp said:

@TheHumanDove: Now are you askin me.. or are you tellin me?

Boyd for president

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.