Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Pre-Order PC/Steam!

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rynbeed

Duders! Was looking for a co-op game to play the other day, and found that this is coming out on the PC here soon.

Resident Evel 6 Steam

If your into the PC version of this game as well you should pre-order this... You know, so we can all get a copy of RE5 for free and stuff.

Anyone play this since launch? Have some of the issues (like the camera) been cleaned up? I enjoyed 5's Co-Op (Sheva!), anyone play enough of it in 6 to have a say?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

anyone play enough of it in 6 to have a say?

I know of one guy that did.

In the meantime, Revelations is also coming out on PC, 360, and PS3, and I think I'm far more interested in that.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rynbeed

anyone play enough of it in 6 to have a say?

I know of one guy that did.

In the meantime, Revelations is also coming out on PC, 360, and PS3, and I think I'm far more interested in that.

Thanks - I get the Brad and Patrick hated the game.

That was also posted over the games release last October, since then there has been enough time for patching and what not. I was looking for a more current opinion on the game to see if anything had been updated to improve the experience, mechanically or otherwise.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I loved it at launch, so no issues here anyways.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rynbeed: I liked it at launch thought it got way to much hate. I'd suggest you play the game in chronological order instead of playing all the way through one character's campaign. The reasoning is you'll be going into other campaigns with knowledge of the big "twists" which there are a few of. If you do it in chronological order its a much more awesome experience. Also whatever you decide PLAY ADA'S CAMPAIGN LAST. Originally you had to beat all three campaigns to unlock hers and then they patched in letting everyone acess it from the get go which I feel was a grave mistake.

Here is the order I'd suggest you play in:

• Prelude Chapter
    • Chris Chapter 1
    • Chris Chapter 2
    • Jake Chapter 1
    • Jake Chapter 2
    • Leon Chapter 1
    • Leon Chapter 2
    • Leon Chapter 3
    • Jake Chapter 3
    • Chris Chapter 3
    • Jake Chapter 4
    • Leon Chapter 4
    • Chris Chapter 4
    • Jake Chapter 5
    • Chris Chapter 5
    • Leon Chapter 5
    • Ada's Campaign
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@rynbeed: I really doubt that a few simple patches can fix the issues that Brad had with the game. Some people enjoy it, you might like it, but I think it looks like a bad game.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jack268

@rynbeed said:

Anyone play this since launch? Have some of the issues (like the camera) been cleaned up? I enjoyed 5's Co-Op (Sheva!), anyone play enough of it in 6 to have a say?

Yeah, they zoomed the camera out (twice!) in patches, and they also made QTEs optional through a "QTE assist" option that was on by default on the easiest difficulty but can now be toggled for all difficulties.

I've played through basically the entire game in co-op and thought it was a lot of fun. There was only one part in the campaigns where I got mad as fuck at certain design decisions, but eh.

I would go as far as to say Mercs mode is the best part of the game though.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By pr1mus

If you are going to pre-order it then do it on GMG.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/adventure/resident-evil-6/

It's the Steam version and you can get 20% off with this voucher: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

EDIT: i didn't see the pre-order bonuses you can get on Steam. In which case if your care about them then Steam is the way to go but if you don't GMG is cheaper.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No patch will really be able to fix the problems with RE6. I've played Mercenaries mode since the latest patch and I didn't notice anything that makes a large enough difference. Only thing that the patch sounds like it changed that is worth while is that it says some areas have had their difficulty adjusted. Hopefully that means some of the bosses no longer take as long to kill.

I advise not bothering with this game if at all possible.

Take @believer258's advice and wait for Revelations. At the very least, Revelations isn't an awful game.

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rynbeed

@demoskinos Cool, thanks for that. When I do play I'll try and go in that order

@jack268 Twice you say! Right on, I am hoping to play in co-op as well - that's what made RE5 for me.

Eh, I decided to jump in and pre-buy on Steam. I'll take the chance at also getting RE5 and maybe re-play that while I am waiting for 6 to unlock. I am interested enough in 6 to just grab it, and if RE:R ends up being good then I'll pick that up as well. On that.. Are they just taking what they made for the 3DS and putting it on consoles? That's different.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By handlas

@demoskinos said:

@rynbeed: I liked it at launch thought it got way to much hate. I'd suggest you play the game in chronological order instead of playing all the way through one character's campaign. The reasoning is you'll be going into other campaigns with knowledge of the big "twists" which there are a few of. If you do it in chronological order its a much more awesome experience. Also whatever you decide PLAY ADA'S CAMPAIGN LAST. Originally you had to beat all three campaigns to unlock hers and then they patched in letting everyone acess it from the get go which I feel was a grave mistake.

Here is the order I'd suggest you play in:

• Prelude Chapter
    • Chris Chapter 1
    • Chris Chapter 2
    • Jake Chapter 1
    • Jake Chapter 2
    • Leon Chapter 1
    • Leon Chapter 2
    • Leon Chapter 3
    • Jake Chapter 3
    • Chris Chapter 3
    • Jake Chapter 4
    • Leon Chapter 4
    • Chris Chapter 4
    • Jake Chapter 5
    • Chris Chapter 5
    • Leon Chapter 5
    • Ada's Campaign

I assume since you are suggesting it that you can actually do this? Because when you pick "Continue game" it just gives you a selection to start from the campaign you were playing. So you select new game or something and pick a different character and it won't overwrite the progress with the other character? Do you just have to make sure you get to the end of a chapter before doing it? I've kind of wanted to play through with different character simultaneously but I was afraid of overwriting a save and having to start from the beginning.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@handlas: Yep. Each campaign progress is saved individually. Just use the chapter select to jump around between campaigns when you load up the next chapter of the other campaigns you'll start with all the items and whatnot you collected when you go back.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By altairre

I'm playing it right now because I've always ended up weirdly enjoying RE games eventhough there are a lot of moments where I shake my head at certain design decisions and level design and so far it's pretty much that in RE6. Playing through Jake's campaign first (saw your post a little too late @rynbeed) and the only part I really disliked in that campaign so far was the first part of the snow level (chapter 2 it is I think). The shooting is fine (especially since I reduced the recoil) and I like the melee fighting with Jake.

The best part are the cutscenes, especially those that are totally over the top, kinda trashy and cheesy but in a way I can get behind. The whole experience is comparable to watching some kind of b-movie (the motorcycle chase is a good example) . It's by no means a good game but if you can get enjoyment out of something like that, maybe you should take a look.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By handlas

@altairre said:

I'm playing it right now because I've always ended up weirdly enjoying RE games eventhough there are a lot of moments where I shake my head at certain design decisions and level design and so far it's pretty much that in RE6. Playing through Jake's campaign first (saw your post a little too late @rynbeed) and the only part I really disliked in that campaign so far was the first part of the snow level (chapter 2 it is I think). The shooting is fine (especially since I reduced the recoil) and I like the melee fighting with Jake.

The best part are the cutscenes, especially those that are totally over the top, kinda trashy and cheesy but in a way I can get behind. The whole experience is comparable to watching some kind of b-movie (the motorcycle chase is a good example) . It's by no means a good game but if you can get enjoyment out of something like that, maybe you should take a look.

I played thru Chris and Jake on the PS3... never finished it so i jsut picked it up on PC and playing through Leon (maybe half way thru). I disliked Jake's campaign quite a bit compared to the others. The snow mountain part and the part where all ur weapons are stripped away and you basically are forced to punch ur way through a bunch of enemies was super annoying (on hard difficult at least).

So, if you have the same taste as me, you played the worst one first! lol

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@altairre said:

I played thru Chris and Jake on the PS3... never finished it so i jsut picked it up on PC and playing through Leon (maybe half way thru). I disliked Jake's campaign quite a bit compared to the others. The snow mountain part and the part where all ur weapons are stripped away and you basically are forced to punch ur way through a bunch of enemies was super annoying (on hard difficult at least).

So, if you have the same taste as me, you played the worst one first! lol

That's good to hear and I really hope that it doesn't get worse than the snow mountain "find all the items" part becaust that was just straight up terrible. I didn't mind the punching part but I play on normal and didn't die during that section so that might be an explanation.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nekroskop

You wouldn't pre-order cow manure...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.