Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Voice actors

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Can anyone tell if Chris or Leon have the same voice actors? Chris (I think) sounds similar but I'm not so sure about Leon. This would be a shame since he's had the same guy in Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Degeneration, and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Ashley is obviously the same. I really liked that guy. That would be almost like making a game with Cloud Strife and not getting Steven Burton to voice him.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Roger Craig Smith is definitely reprising Chris, though Leon doesn't sound like Paul Mercier anymore, I agree. I won't hold any grudges since I never liked Mercier anyway (Paul Haddad from RE2 was better, I think), even if it is commendable that he stuck with the character for so long. Whoever it is, it's more than likely the same guy who's doing the voice for Leon in Operation Raccoon City.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Linkin10362

Leon is still voiced by Paul Mercier. Sounds exactly the same.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7
    @Linkin10362 said:

Word. I heard him a mile away.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@N7 said:

@Linkin10362 said:

Word. I heard him a mile away.

Compare these to the voice in the RE6 trailer; his voice sounds much lighter in the trailer. @1.26 in particular is what's made me believe otherwise that Paul's voicing him.

Maybe he's just done something different with his voice for this performance, but there's definitely a difference.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkin10362

It's Paul. Your 1:26 marking still sounds like Paul, just in a slight different voice.

EDIT: On closer examination, I noticed that Dave Wittenberg voices Leon in RE:ORC and this doesn't sound very close to his voice. I doubt they would hire a third guy to voice Leon, so I'm still saying it's Paul Mercier.

The real question for me is if new dude is voiced by Troy Baker or Reuben Langdon. Many are saying Troy, but I'm not so sure.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ckeats

Regardless of leon, one of the guys is Troy Baker right? That third guy presumably.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Elazul

@Abyssfull said:

Roger Craig Smith is definitely reprising Chris, though Leon doesn't sound like Paul Mercier anymore, I agree. I won't hold any grudges since I never liked Mercier anyway (Paul Haddad from RE2 was better, I think), even if it is commendable that he stuck with the character for so long. Whoever it is, it's more than likely the same guy who's doing the voice for Leon in Operation Raccoon City.

Agreed, RE2 Leon is the shit. If they can still get the same voice actress for Claire then they should be able to pull Haddad out from whatever voice-actor purgatory he's hiding in and get his ass to work.

Ithryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ithryn

I really hope Leon is voiced by Paul Mercier again. He does sound a little different in trailer. He was my favourite RE character, mostly because of that charming voice. :O

Where's everyone going? Bingo?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It's Paul.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ick_bop

@Abyssfull:

Geeze, I forgot how awful Degeneration is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ick_bop said:

@Abyssfull:

Degeneration is fine. I would say it's better than most of the live action Resident Evils. I hope you guys are right though. Looking back, Snake sounds much different through the Metal Gear games. Either David Hayter's voice was changing, or he made Snake "Snakier" as the games progressed. Someone said (might have been Rorie or Alex) that Jack Sparrow in the fourth POTC movie became Johnny Depp doing an impression of Jack Sparrow. The "I never asked for this" rasp of Adam Jensen that Snake has in the later games mostly doesn't exist in Metal Gear Solid.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee

@gorkamorkaorka said:

@ick_bop said:

@Abyssfull:

Degeneration is fine. I would say it's better than most of the live action Resident Evils.

Nah, I agree with ick_bop, Degeneration was a load of wank. Sure, it's like a masterpiece, a poignant display of artistry compared to the live-action drivel, but it still wasn't that great of movie, nor much of a great RE movie, either. Really, really dull, the CGI wasn't even that good, the lip syncing was terrible and they completely sapped all of the loony characteristics out of Leon and made him just another grimacing tough guy. That CGI trailer they released for Operation Raccoon City is probably the best RE ''movie'' CAPCOM have released this far I think.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By zero_

Guys, guys, guys.... is Nolan North in this?

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkin10362

@Zero_ said:

Guys, guys, guys.... is Nolan North in this?

It's not Nolan North. It sounds way more like Troy Baker than North

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkin10362
    Looks like Troy Baker as Bald Scar Guy is Confirmed.
    Looks like Troy Baker as Bald Scar Guy is Confirmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.