Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

Is the Gold Edition on Xbox One X worth it even though I already have the game (without the DLC) on the base PS4?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know when I'll get a Pro, or if I'll even end up getting one. I want to, but I'm not sure when. Add to the fact that when it comes to the Pro and RE7, even that version is arguably visually worse. Not only that, but as much as I loved RE7-it being my favorite game from last year-I never did play any of the DLC for it aside from the free one. Lastly, I'd like to just play it again to get ready and pumped for RE2 remake, and I want to do it in the most visually splendid way I possibly can (which, in this case, is the Xbox One X), but I don't know if it's worth it for 50 dollars. What do you think?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This seems kind of like a waste of money to me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Thanks for the input. That said, I do tend to 'waste money' on games when there is a significant jump in visual quality that may help me appreciate it even more if I loved the game elsewhere. I was just thinking about rebuying L.A. Noire remaster on the X despite having played it on the Xbox 360, though maybe that's not the same.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does RE7 on base PS4 run at 60fps? I have RE7 on ps4 pro and it looks so gorgeous. It's probably slightly better on X.

Plus, all the DLC is 100% worth it. They're all unique scenarios with unique gameplay. Buying that gold edition on X wouldn't be as much of a waste of money as people will probably say here

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

I don’t own a XB1X so maybe I’d feel different if I had one but, though I get wanting to see more recent games run and look better on a beefier system, I’m more interested in the performances of 360/OGX games running on that system.

Of course I’d get multiplat games on it going forward but if you already own it elsewhere, I’m sure you can easily find a place to spend that money, especialy in gaming.

Also, I’ve read so many comments saying the only DLC worth the time is the free one for Re7.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Also, I’ve read so many comments saying the only DLC worth the time is the free one for Re7.

I can't remember which one was free. The Redfield one, I think. But, no, the DLC worth playing is the one where you play as Joe Baker, who literally punches his way through all adversaries and ends the game with two bionic arms capable of massive electric discharge that explode enemies on contact. It's hilarious, absurd, completely out-of-character for Resident Evil 7, and somehow the most refreshing thing in the entire package.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seconding what the person above me said. The free one is honestly the least interesting out of all the DLCs, in fact.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: @inevpatoria: @ntm: ok well, apparently there is a good paid DLC and these guys like ‘em though I wouldn’t pay $50 for the gold edition. I’ve seen it on sale for $20-25 multiple times.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM
    @liquiddragon said:

@frostyryan: @inevpatoria: @ntm: ok well, apparently there is a good paid DLC and these guys like ‘em though I wouldn’t pay $50 for the gold edition. I’ve seen it on sale for $20-25 multiple times.

Wow. Maybe it was glitched or something (it did seem awkward that RE7 was in the Capcom sale going on, and yet didn't have a price reduction). Now, it shows that the Gold Edition is $29.99 on the X. I'm going to waste some money I guess. Also, I just bought Resident Evil Revelations 1 again too (I got it on the 360 when that version came out). Thanks for your guys' thoughts.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh... Gotta say. I went through the game on the X, so it's my third (maybe fourth?) time going through it, and I enjoyed it again, but man the majority of DLC is not good. The Daughters banned footage was the only one I've liked so far, and that itself was pretty short so technically not really worth it. Jack's 55th Birthday and Ethan Must Die are both worthy of quitting out within about two minutes. I'm going to check out End of Zoe now. I did play the free Not a Hero on PS4 when that came out, I liked it quite a bit.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should've listen to me and only me!! lol

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: To be honest... I felt too much like rebuying the game regardless of DLC anyway. Also, End of Zoe was decent, although goofy as hell. It took the creepy molded monsters from the main game and made them punching bags. It was much different in tone than the main game, and that's a plus and minus I suppose, but overall I enjoyed it. It also felt like the real end of the Baker family story which I liked.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: Cool, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was just trying to be funny.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Don't worry, I know. I wasn't taking offense or anything like that with your comment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.