Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

Is there any lag in Operation Raccoon City for Australia

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PandaBear

The topic is pretty self explanatory ... are there any Australians playing this (I'm going to on Xbox 360) and how is the lag? Are there local servers?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

There's lag for everyone. It's not always prominent, but when it crops up (which is often enough to get annoying) it can be cripplingly bad sometimes, even cancelling out your ability to throw grenades.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PandaBear

@Abyssfull said:

There's lag for everyone. It's not always prominent, but when it crops up (which is often enough to get annoying) it can be cripplingly bad sometimes, even cancelling out your ability to throw grenades.

So are you saying it's not a matter of location, more matter of the game being broken on a technical level? I want to see it for myself from a gameplay perspective, but I'm concerned about the online not working.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

@PandaBear said:

@Abyssfull said:

So are you saying it's not a matter of location, more matter of the game being broken on a technical level? I want to see it for myself from a gameplay perspective, but I'm concerned about the online not working.

Yup, the game is a technical mess across the board. The matchmaking can take forever for example, and should you decide to quit out, it'll often get stuck during the process of... trying to exit out of matchmaking, forcing you to restart your system. Yeah...

Plus the CTF variant they have in here, Biohazard, can often break as well. Sometimes the item you're meant to pick up, G-Virus vials, won't allow you instead giving you some weird debug message like ''G_Virus_Vial_Disabled''. Frankly Slant Six should be embarrassed that they released such a shoddy product; though given their history with Confrontation, I guess it's almost like the studio's MO. It ain't broke, it ain't a Slant Six game... They haven't even bothered to release a patch or announce that they're working on one either. The entire game was clearly just a quick cash grab using the Resident Evil brand as bait.

EDIT: I should say that this is speaking for the competitive MP. The campaign works more or less, but that's also still a lazy pile of trash.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By korwin

Does it matter? My understanding is that the game is a spectacular pile of Ass even with a decent connection.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PandaBear

@Abyssfull said:

@PandaBear said:

@Abyssfull said:

Yup, the game is a technical mess across the board. The matchmaking can take forever for example, and should you decide to quit out, it'll often get stuck during the process of... trying to exit out of matchmaking, forcing you to restart your system. Yeah...

Plus the CTF variant they have in here, Biohazard, can often break as well. Sometimes the item you're meant to pick up, G-Virus vials, won't allow you instead giving you some weird debug message like ''G_Virus_Vial_Disabled''. Frankly Slant Six should be embarrassed that they released such a shoddy product; though given their history with Confrontation, I guess it's almost like the studio's MO. It ain't broke, it ain't a Slant Six game... They haven't even bothered to release a patch or announce that they're working on one either. The entire game was clearly just a quick cash grab using the Resident Evil brand as bait.

EDIT: I should say that this is speaking for the competitive MP. The campaign works more or less, but that's also still a lazy pile of trash.

You saved me time and money ... yet I feel so disappointed. I didn't need this to be great, just not broken. Thanks for the info ....

Well, back to Battlefield 3...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.