Rythm de Cooking is the successor to the 2007 (?) better known in English speaking territories as Imagine Master Chef
Rhythm de cooking's game play could be described as a best of mix of other popular rhythm games like Taiko
and Step Mania. The game play used to play the songs will change several times mid song switching from drum Taiko game play to the 4 arrow Step mania game play. The different types of game play are:
- Taiko: "dots" come travel from the right to the left and once the dot crosses the "beat line" on the left side of the screen you will have to press the drum on the touch screen. You either touch the drum on its centre or on its outside.
- Step Mania: 4 different arrows (left, right, down and up) travel from the left to the right, once one of these arrows hits the beat line you'll have to press that direction on the D-pad or on the touch screen.
When you complete a song you will be rewarded accessories with which you can dress up your character and ingredients.
Quick play Mode: Replay the different songs you unlocked in story mode.
- Recipe book: Look up the different recipes you played through in story mode to make them
- Dress up: Here you can put on the different clothes and haircuts you unlocked for your character. There are 40 different haircuts and 30 different dresses to unlock
- Ingredient mode: check out the different ingredients you unlocked.
- Music mode: listen to the different songs of the game while the main character dances on them
- PreCure 5, Full Throttle Go Go! （Yes! PreCure 5 Go Go!）
- Kira Kira Kirara San （Onegai My Melody Kirara）
- Anata Boshi （Kirarin Revolution）
- Kokoro no Tamago （Shugo Chara!）
- Pururun! Shizuku-chan （Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha）
- Oto MELODY （Onegai My Melody）
- Princess wa Akiramenai （Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime）
- Over the Future （Zettai Karen Children）
- Kimi no Ashita （Fushigi Boshi no Futago Hime Gyu!）
- Tondemo Nothing ~Doki Doki Animal Yokocho no Uta no Maki~ (Animal Yokocho)
- Chance! as inspired by "UNDERworld"（Kirarin Revolution）
- Balalaika （Kirarin Revolution）