Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rift

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 01, 2011

RIFT is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG, developed by Trion Worlds.

Can my computer handle it?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By l4wd0g

I'm looking into getting rift. My problem is that my computer is kind of old.  

my computer has:
    Core Duo  T9300  2.5 GHz 
    4 Gigs of RAM (3.5 usable)
    8600m GT 
    I'm currently running Windows 7

Any idea if my computer can handle it?

They say a nvidia 200m is recommended. I don't need it to be perfect, but running well at medium would be great. 

Thanks in advance.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It might run it, but you will notice the choppiness. I'm rocking a 2.4 GHz, 6gigs, and a 260m gtx and at medium settings I'm pulling 30ish fps. It runs well enough to play for me, but I can see the stutters and choppiness from time to time. If you'd have asked sooner I would've let you have my beta account just so you can test it, but beta events are over I think. My advice it to wait for a trial or get an upgrade.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By l4wd0g

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll wait for my tax return and buy an upgrade then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.