Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Talkies finally fixed?

Bmasterlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bmasterlord

Watching a e3 video of RATM Testify in rock band 2 I noticed the vocal part was all talking sections. Now I do not know what difficulty the singer was on but he was nailing all of the talkies with ease, as a experienced vocalist knows in RB1 talking parts are often broken and very hard to get.

Could it be that with rock band 2 a new talking engine it could be the end of the sucky impossible broken talkies, or is it just the guys difficulty?

Heres to hoping.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

Judging by how well Harmonix has listened to their community, surely they have already or have plans to make the "talky" system better. I saw the Testify video as well, but it would be helpful to know what difficult the singer was on.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mourne

I saw that Testify video and was like, "Holy ****, they really have fixed them" because that guy was nailing every single phrase. Even if that were on Easy on Rock Band 1, he still wouldn't have gotten them all.

veXedbulldog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By veXedbulldog

I agree.  The only thing more difficult than hitting the talking parts consistently would be nailing the vocals for the DLC "My Generation (Live at Leeds)" release.  I hope that RB2 is able to tighten up that aspect of the game.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Timma1083

Well, a blog from the lead designer of Rock Band 2 says that they have completely rewritten the Talkies to work much better.

"

Q: "Will there be any improvements on vocals? Will there still be talky parts, and, if so, will they be fixed or easier to hit than they were in RB1?" - Lady Sia..

A: Yes, on multiple fronts. We've improved the balance for pitched vocals, and completely rewritten the non-pitched talky detection. Rock Band 2 has drastically more reliable talky parts."

Here's where I found it: http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxspraynwipe/374112

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By raahsnavj

Isn't the point of talkie parts so you can pretty much say anything you want in them at any pitch, tone or whatever? if not, why even bother having them 'talkie'?  I sure hope they made it better because I hated the talkie parts with a passion.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Zaapp1

I used to fail just because of the talky sections in Rock Band 1, but if you turn down the mic sensitivity (like 2 notches above 0) you should have an easier time with them, i get almost all awesomes now.  I didn't make up this method, but I don't remember who did, so props to you, mr. unknown!

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Player1

Im sorry im a n00b. By talkies do you mean the part where the words are at the very bottom? With no indication of how to sing them?

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zaapp1

yes

Conner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Conner

Where is this video of RATM located at? I haven't seen it before.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mourne
    Conner said:
    "Where is this video of RATM located at? I haven't seen it before."
    Assuming you mean Testify, then it's here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJn1X8z1rhY
    Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaapp1

The drummer reminds me of the poorly animated Guitar Hero III drummer.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Homer

I hate singing overall. When I play with my friends I just play drums or guitar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.