Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Getting songs from the two previous games

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By markini6

So I've just got a Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar hero controller from ebay (along with the game) and am planning on buying Rock Band 3 next week as it's only £25 from amazon. I know that I need the Rock Band disc to get the songs from the original game, and that you need an unused manual code or something for Rock Band 2. However, I have a dilemna: 
    NO WHERE IS FRIGGIN' SELLING ROCK BAND 2!

So, basically, is there some way to buy a code without having to buy a new, unused copy of the game. Because I cannot find the damn thing anywhere (in the UK btw).

Cheers

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

NO

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By markini6
    @trophyhunter:  Could you be a bit more clear with you're answer? You speak in such a roundabout way that I struggle to decipher the meaning of your post.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy
    markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By markini6
    @xyzygy: I might be mistaken then. How does one go about importing Rock Band 2 songs into its number 3 bretheren?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    @markini6 said:
    " @trophyhunter:  Could you be a bit more clear with you're answer? You speak in such a roundabout way that I struggle to decipher the meaning of your post. "
    the answer to your question is NO
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By zidd
    @xyzygy: its on the back of the manual.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @markini6: @Zidd: Found it, the details are in the link in the earlier post. I didn't know you'd be using the same code for the 20 free songs from RB2's launch.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @markini6: To export the RB1 songs, you have to have the disc to rip directly from, within RB1. Once you do that, which costs $5, you have the songs. RB2 requires you to enter the code on the back of the RB2 manual, in the menu within RB3. There's a spot to enter codes under the "get more songs" main menu option. RB2 export costs $10.
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Moridin

I actually just went through the same sort of thing. I had Rock Band 1 and 2 on my last system, but I've since switched platform and decided to get Rock Band 3 for Christmas along with some instrument goodies.  

I went out and bought a used copy of Rock Band for five bones (since there's no code for the export here), and found both Lego Rock Band and Rock Band 2 new at Best Buy for like twenty bones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.