Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

I figured out the new Pitch Correction

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

I totally forgot, I meant to post this last week.  I know many of us have been trying to figure out exactly what Pitch Correction did.  We had heard from this person or that person that it does this or that. 

So last  week we were playing some RB3 on Thanksgiving.  I was forced to do vox on some songs that I either totally don't know or are in a bad range for me.  I can't remember which now, but I remember trying to get through one of those, I was still in the first phrase or two, and I watch the entire vocal track seem to jump a key, or even a couple keys. 

Example... say the main vocals part of the song is supposed to be sung in A minor, but somehow I'm singing in E minor.  The entire vocal track would jump and adjust to me singing in E minor.  It was actually trippy, and so I totally messed with it during one of the songs.  But I can now say I've seen it happen.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By 234r2we232

I know very little about vocals (read: am bad at the singing), but I remember hearing something about new vocal tracks being "corrected" so that they stayed in key with the song (even when the original vocalist did not) for easier karaoke-ing? Meant to look this up!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By melcene

Basically yes, that's exactly what's happening, the track "jumps" to the new key that you're singing in - and it's not just the track on the TV that you see, but even the singer on the vocal track will end up "jumping" keys.

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Kaburorne

If you sing it in the wrong key, doesn't it sound awful when played next to the rest of the track?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#5  Edited By vigorousjammer

so the pitch correction tells you which key to sing in? or does it auto-tune your voice to that key?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.