Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Report: Billy Joel coming to Rock Band 3

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

Piano Man for sure, We Didn't Start The Fire, and Captain Jack. 

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Timma1083

Awesome news. Hopefully "Pressure" is in there.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By skrutop

Naw, son.  Gotta have these songs:

and, like @Timma1083 said, Pressure.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#5  Edited By Little_Socrates

You May Be Right was my pick for the song that would appear on disc, but with no Billy Joel in the game, it's my favorite for a DLC pack in support OF the game.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mesklinite

Piano man!!!
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit

Piano Man and Captain Jack are my two demands. If they are not met within 48 hours, I BLOW UP PARLIAMENT!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By 234r2we232

That's a fantastic story. I am curious, tho, as to why he's defending RB (not that I disagree :P)

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By rentfn

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By alsnuts2

I wasnt going to get RB3,... and they suck me right back in! Billy Joel on the Pro keys will be amazing.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Timma1083

You forgot to add "Pressure", which was also listed in the announcement.

Pretty awesome pack, just throw in "Uptown Girl" and I'll have no complaints :)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman

Ha, DLC out of spite. I love it.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#14  Edited By falconer

Lemme know when they finally announce some Rush, then I'll get the game. PEACE!

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Timma1083
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " Lemme know when they finally announce some Rush, then I'll get the game. PEACE! "
    Seeing as IGN did a poll of artists that would get DLC, and every artist listed on that poll has gotten DLC so far (REM, Jimi Hendrix, Stone Temple Pilots, and the announced Doors and (now) Billy Joel DLC), and Rush was also on the poll and is the last artist on that poll who hasn't gotten more songs... I'm saying its only a matter of time until they announce a big pack of Rush for RB3 DLC.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By falconer
    @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    " Lemme know when they finally announce some Rush, then I'll get the game. PEACE! "
    Seeing as IGN did a poll of artists that would get DLC, and every artist listed on that poll has gotten DLC so far (REM, Jimi Hendrix, Stone Temple Pilots, and the announced Doors and (now) Billy Joel DLC), and Rush was also on the poll and is the last artist on that poll who hasn't gotten more songs... I'm saying its only a matter of time until they announce a big pack of Rush for RB3 DLC. "
    Oh, I know that there will be more Rush for Rock Band. Geddy Lee himself said that there would be. I just want it now though. :(
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Timma1083
    @ShaggyChu said:
    " @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    Seeing as IGN did a poll of artists that would get DLC, and every artist listed on that poll has gotten DLC so far (REM, Jimi Hendrix, Stone Temple Pilots, and the announced Doors and (now) Billy Joel DLC), and Rush was also on the poll and is the last artist on that poll who hasn't gotten more songs... I'm saying its only a matter of time until they announce a big pack of Rush for RB3 DLC. "
    Oh, I know that there will be more Rush for Rock Band. Geddy Lee himself said that there would be. I just want it now though. :( "
    I don't blame you; I'm dying to have more from them too :(

Though this does raise one question... Why the hell didn't Harmonix choose to put Billy Joel, Rush, and REM on disc? You'd think they'd  be a better choice for a spot than something like The Muffs or Ravonettes... and the IGN Poll basically confirmed Harmonix had access to the artists. I guess I'll never understand what goes through their heads.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

I am now more interested in Rock Band 3 than ever before.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By falconer
    @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    " @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    Oh, I know that there will be more Rush for Rock Band. Geddy Lee himself said that there would be. I just want it now though. :( "
    I don't blame you; I'm dying to have more from them too :(  Though this does raise one question... Why the hell didn't Harmonix choose to put Billy Joel, Rush, and REM on disc? You'd think they'd  be a better choice for a spot than something like The Muffs or Ravonettes... and the IGN Poll basically confirmed Harmonix had access to the artists. I guess I'll never understand what goes through their heads. "

Seriously. It might be because I'm an insane Rush fanatic, but I was quite nearly convince that they would have put Subdivisions in there. That's especially disappointed when I remember hearing Ryan Davis saying that most of the songs in RB3 that actually do have a keyboard bit in it aren't all that great.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Pre Claudia Schiffer Billy Joel is the shit and with the new keyboard I now kind of want to play RB3.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By skrutop
    @Wilkins_III said:
    • Big Shot
    • Captain Jack
    • It's Still Rock N Roll to Me
    • Movin' Out
    • Only the Good Die Young
    • Piano Man
    • Pressure
    • Say Goodbye to Hollywood
    • The Entertainer
    • The Stranger
     There are still two more currently unannounced (if the USA Today story is accurate). The release also states that Billy Joel is exclusive to the Rock Band platform. "
    Looks like we all win on this one.  Good news!
    Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I want the Longest Time, but that's just a harmony acoustic song so no chance.

Pretty happy with Piano Man, Still Rock N Roll, and Movin out.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DoctorTran

I just love how Billy Joel is all like "This guy doesn't want me in Rock Band? Pfft... I'm calling Harmonix."

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#25  Edited By LordAndrew

I like how he's doing it out of spite.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm going to have to put on my turtleneck and blazer, skinny jeans and white sneakers and cod-shuffle my way through "Allentown."

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    " @Timma1083 said:
    " @ShaggyChu said:
    I don't blame you; I'm dying to have more from them too :(  Though this does raise one question... Why the hell didn't Harmonix choose to put Billy Joel, Rush, and REM on disc? You'd think they'd  be a better choice for a spot than something like The Muffs or Ravonettes... and the IGN Poll basically confirmed Harmonix had access to the artists. I guess I'll never understand what goes through their heads. "

You guys realise that Rush already have an entire album and a bunch of singles in Rock Band, right?
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By falconer
    @sofacitysweetheart: One album (4 of which are fun to play on a regular basis), and only two singles. And what does that have to do with us wanting more awesomeness?
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 234r2we232
    @ShaggyChu:  Because they still only have 2 Faith No More songs in the game. Rush are fine (Working Man is good stuff), but they've been pretty fairly represented. Where's The Real Thing? :(
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By falconer
    @sofacitysweetheart: 1) Never heard of them. 2) After some youtubin', they've had some weird ass changes in musical choices. 

I just feel that Subdivisions is a song that is BEYOND perfect for RB3. Especially considering that it's only three dudes, it has a equal amount of all instruments. And on top of that, compared to other songs in RB3. From the little that I've seen and heard, the songs that have reasonable/good keyboard bits have boring/straight forward parts for the other instruments. And the songs that are good to play on the normal instruments have either really basic keyboard bits, or none at all. 

Bottom line, Rush can write music like no one's business, and it would be a fucking crime to not have more of their songs in Rock Band.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By A Likely Story

Cool, I'll pick up a few of those, for sure. Not super crazy about Billy Joel, but there's some classics in there that I just can't pass up. 

And a big LOL to why we're getting it. Billy Joel...what a guy. :D

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 234r2we232
    @ShaggyChu:  I don't believe Rush wrote these songs :)

I think its fair to say that once a band's most recognised album (and in its entirety)  is made available, that maybe other artists can then be given their due as well.
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By falconer
    @sofacitysweetheart: I won't argue with that. And I'll give that that song would work well in Rock Band (though not terribly original sounding). I know that it also comes down to licensing stuff, which is probably a pain in the ass. 

Okay, you wanna know what this REALLY boils down to? I want a full blown Rush Rock band game. :P They certainly have enough songs for it. Hell, you could make two of 'em if it would have the same number of songs as The Beatles game.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MetalGearSunny

lol, nice.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jimbo

If one of the missing two isn't We Didn't Start The Fire then they have failed at Rock Band.  The other should be Goodnight Saigon.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Timma1083
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @ShaggyChu:  Because they still only have 2 Faith No More songs in the game. Rush are fine (Working Man is good stuff), but they've been pretty fairly represented. Where's The Real Thing? :( "
    Actually Faith No More is one of the bands I'm really hoping for more material from. They're right up there with Incubus, Mastodon, and Chicago.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Timma1083:  Faith No More and Mastodon. If you were after my heart, sir... ;)
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @Timma1083:  Faith No More and Mastodon. If you were after my heart, sir... ;) "
    The way I see it, Rock Band 1 already had the only Faith No More song that matters. 

Now, more Pearl Jam? That's where it's at. :P
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By skrutop

With the addition of keys, I'm surprised that Meat Loaf didn't end up with a song on-disc.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#40  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @bartok said:
    " Pre Claudia Schiffer Billy Joel is the shit and with the new keyboard I now kind of want to play RB3. "
    I think you mean Christy Brinkley.  Claudia was with Rod Stewart. ;) 

Anyway, as for Billy Joel.  I'll be highly disappointed if there's no "I Go to Extremes" or "We Didn't Start the Fire."
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By mikemcn

Piano Man is a great song.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.