Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Signature Performance?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By melcene

So with the new game, and the updates to the Rock Band website, I knew that there were going to be changes to our profiles. 

Today I went and looked at my profile for the first time in a while (because before RB.com was having issues pulling my gameplay data).  What is this "Signature Performance" thing?  I've checked the leaderboards for the song that it says is my signature performance, and I'm guessing that the site is having issues because it only shows 15 people having gotten on the 360 leaderboards for vox on that song.

And I have looked this up on the RB forums, but their search function is crap.  It keeps telling me   The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: 
    "signature performance"

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have no idea what it's supposed to mean. Mine is for "Wanted Dead or Alive" on drums... I don't even remember playing that song in RB3.  O_o

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By melcene

I wish the search function on their forums worked better.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nukesniper

I can't even get my account on Rockband.com to be created... It keeps telling me that they have Rocked out too hard. It has been a month or so of me trying... =(

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @nukesniper said:
    " I can't even get my account on Rockband.com to be created... It keeps telling me that they have Rocked out too hard. It has been a month or so of me trying... =( "
    Really? That stopped being a major problem for me a while ago. 

It's been a rocky launch on the website front for sure.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By 234r2we232

Well, my Profile tells me mine is for "Sixteen", which is a song I know I'm the highest ranked for. Check your Leaderboard rankings! It may also just be the song you've played the most.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By melcene

It wasn't leaderbaord rankings for me.  Mine is "Seven Nation Army" but for some reason only 15 people were even showing up on the leaderboards for that song... and I wasn't one of them. 

I found an answer though!  

11-19-2010  11:14 AM #159

HMXcj  HARMONIX DEVELOPER

What we actually do is rotate a giant bingo cage with all the songs in it, and then HMXMilo, HMXHenry, & I hand-apply a random song to each of you…

Actually, we try to compare songs on a one-to-one basis. Gold Stars on “Polly” isn’t the same as Gold Stars on “Roundabout.” The score you get comes into play, but we’re still tweaking the exact algorithm since we had to wait for real live Rock Band 3 data to start pouring in before we could accurately test it. In fact, the developer working on it is looking at this thread for feedback! And he’s working on making signature songs appear for those that don’t have one yet (including me!). 

Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for updates to the Signature Song feature.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.