Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Franchise »

The Rock Band franchise introduced the first rhythm game to incorporate drums and vocals in addition to guitar and bass instruments, creating a virtual band. It was also the first franchise to include genre staples such as Band World Tour, and character customization.

In 10 1/2 months I improved at drums (Rockband).

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Ok at the start of this year after 2 months of Rockband 1! finally releasing in Aus and NZ, I got it. But problem was I couldn't finish a song on Easy! or just barely finish a very simple song. It could have been March or around there when I imported Rockband 2, and simply loved it at this point when I got the game I was finally able to finish songs on hard (super simple ones) and was great at medium. I have put alot of work into the skill of playing the drums in Rockband and have now gotten 257 songs so far in the game (so far as in going to buy more.). I just 3 minutes ago came around to try and play 'Painkiller by Judas Priest' with intentions of going to the practice place in-game... But didn't and went to the song hit Expert... I FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been just over 10 months and from not finishing a song on Easy to finishing Rockband 2's hardest song on Expert! Ok I just needed to tell someone and get the story around I'm not trying to be an ass and brag. All want to do is show people. Thanks for letting me share.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ezekielzero

i started on easy when the game came out on ps3 in england, and throughout intervals of playing at  a friends i can now play the easier songs on expert, though it should be noted iv played the viola for 8 years now. also congrats for the hard work, drums is the only instrument anything like the actual thing i would assume.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

You should start up real drums if you enjoy them that much, you could have spent those 10 months of them D =

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @Bucketdeth:
    After buying Rock Band, I was inspired to buy drums. Holy crap do you feel less cool when all you make is noise. But, eventually I started getting the hang of it. But  I wouldn't freely recommend anyone to buy drums if they can't make a commitment to music learning.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @Bucketdeth: Hmmm I can play real drums but not to a great extent but I'm not lying when ssay this but Rockband has made me actually able to play real drums and if I hadn't played it then I wouldn't know where to start but yes people say you should have bought real ones but hey these have given me alot of fun and if I had bought real ones I just would not have played them would have missed out. 

LOL look that's one sentence so much for punctuation.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    " @Bucketdeth: After buying Rock Band, I was inspired to buy drums. Holy crap do you feel less cool when all you make is noise. But, eventually I started getting the hang of it. But  I wouldn't freely recommend anyone to buy drums if they can't make a commitment to music learning. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ShaunassNZ said:
    " @Bucketdeth: Hmmm I can play real drums but not to a great extent but I'm not lying when ssay this but Rockband has made me actually able to play real drums and if I hadn't played it then I wouldn't know where to start but yes people say you should have bought real ones but hey these have given me alot of fun and if I had bought real ones I just would not have played them would have missed out.  LOL look that's one sentence so much for punctuation. "
    Haha it's cool man, whatever floats your boat.
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @ShaunassNZ said:
    " @Bucketdeth: Hmmm I can play real drums but not to a great extent but I'm not lying when ssay this but Rockband has made me actually able to play real drums and if I hadn't played it then I wouldn't know where to start but yes people say you should have bought real ones but hey these have given me alot of fun and if I had bought real ones I just would not have played them would have missed out.  LOL look that's one sentence so much for punctuation. "
    Haha it's cool man, whatever floats your goat. "
    FIXED.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
    @ShaunassNZ: I'll say this much - you actually can translate a lot of what you learn on Rock Band and Guitar Hero from the drums into real life drums.  It's all very basic stuff that you'd be doing, mind you.  However, I can pull about 97% consistent for "Master of Puppets" on Expert with Guitar Hero Metallica.  I jumped behind a set at the local shop, and I was wailing away with no problem on the real drums, and people were impressed when I told them "yeah, I've never played that song on real drums before...I learned how to play it on Guitar Hero Metallica". 

So by all means, start trying some real drums. 

Also, congrats on getting to Expert, sir.
    AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By AlexB

Great job! I have sort of a similar story, as I think we all do. Rock Band drums are really great for allowing you to fully realize your progression of something. I remember when RB2 came out and when I saw Visions on Expert. I thought there is NO WAY i will ever beat it. But a few months later I got it. Gratz on you improvement and I hope you continue to enjoy the game =D

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @AlexB: @jakob187: I sure do I'm playing right now! Yes I have lots of the mapping of rockband songs on real.
    raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By raidingkvatch

I keep meaning to get to a point where I can go beyond playing on medium/hard (depending on the song), but just asd I'm about to gewt heavily into RB I get distracted by a game that has a story

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By MetalGearSunny

If I had the space and money, I would buy real drums. Unfortunately, I have neither.  =(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.