Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Rock band 3 pissed me off

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Truant19

You know, I really feel like I wasted my 160 bucks. 

First, the keyboards just got to Canada, almost a month after its release date. 

The keyboard in arcade mode is retarded. I was doing expert within minutes and its not fun or challenging at all. 

The pro keys are extremely hard (which is fine) but the training blows. Its vague descriptions, no VO, and it only trains you for keytar mode (which is  retarded)   

Oh, and the glitch that blew out one of my speakers that has 20+ page thread on harmonix website with people complaing about it (which has been ignored).

The set list sucks, but they released that before and there is tons of DLC so thats ok.   

I am so fucking disappointed with this game, I cant believe I spent this money. 

No wonder this developer is being sold.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

And what is this about a blown speaker glitch?

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Shady

Damn. This post is pretty stupid.

You probably should have just posted this over on the Rock Band forum.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By benjaebe

I didn't think it was that bad. The set list was great in my opinion, but that's always going to be personal preference. I thought the keyboard and vocal harmonies and stuff were pretty great too. Haven't even heard about this speaker glitch though.

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Truant19
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By WickedCestus

I had no idea about the keyboards stuff, if I was going to buy that game that would have been the reason. Who am I kidding, I wouldn't have got it regardless of this post.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shady

No. All you did was come here to whine. I don't even think you came here for any kind of constructive criticism especially with the tone on your first post.

Avatar image for princess_isabela
    Princess_Isabela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Princess_Isabela

So you suck at Pro and decided to make a stupid post, that's just dandy. 
    "Learn an instrument" is very useful, but it's not a full blown teaching tool. 
    Without commitment to Pro stuff you'll never get good. 
    I myself spent few days on learning the Pro mode and am passing expert songs (easier ones) and I am able to pass everything on medium. 
    Patience and commitment, talent won't hurt.
    And HMX is not going anywhere (they will be managed by different parent company, - that's all), stop posting ignorant messages.

krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By krisgebis

First of all, I'm feeling for you. I LOVE my hi-fi and I wouldn't want it to die on me, so if there is a glitch that can do that, then I'm sorry it happened to your stereo. 
    The rest of you list I can't really agree with.  
    First of all the setlist is great. 
    Second, what were you expecting to be the difference between pro and normal keyboard? Yes, normal is retarded, but nobody would buy the keys for anything other then the pro mode. Its a mode for when you are having a party and having newcomers/dunks join your band. 
    Third, the training is excellent. Really teaches you to make the right use of your fingers on the different keys, and making good transitions. Letting you get the good habits from the beginning. 

I only have small gribes with the game (aside from the hi-fi killing glitch :'( ) 
    1: If you are going the "pro" road, then the setlist is gonna be pretty limited for you. Yes, you knew this in advance, and it's not really a breaking-the-game-thing, but from my library of 490+ songs, I can play 63 with this hot new instrument. 
    2: I love the development of the games singleplayer accomplishment focus. But they really didn't expands its party functionality enough. They should have given GH5 a serious look and tried on something like that. 
    3: There licensing deals from RB1 and RB2 set-lists, really leaves out some great songs this time around (Black hole sun, Dani california, Battery, Spoonman, Give it away, Let there be rock).

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Malakhii

Play pro keyboard over and over again, it's how you learn a real instrument, it's how you'll learn in rockband. Ask any real musician, they practice all the damn time. 

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Truant19

ya, I guess I have cooled down a bit, and I can see that I might just have to endure learning the keys untill I get good enough where its fun. 

although, whats up with like half the songs not having keyboard parts, and many songs that do, there is nothing to play for half the song. You think harmonix would have made a career mode for keyboardist so I could complete the sets. Or just let me play the guitars part on keyboard, I dont care, its boring watching everyone rocking out but me.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Truant19 said:
    "  Or just let me play the guitars part on keyboard, ,,,"
    You can do that. Select guitar instead of keys or pro keys. 

Also, the trainer for keys is for the full on pro mode. It's not just for the "keytar mode" which I assume you mean the 5 keys. 

Sounds to me like you just need to pay more attention to the options that are right in front of you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.