Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Does the game stay this...dark the entire time?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I bought SR 4 today and while I really enjoy playing it (actually I only ran arrond and colleted clusters so far) but I have to say the dreary, dark color scheme of the game is kinda annoying. So I looked up a bunch of pictures to see if this is going to change but I couldn't find anything. So does the game at some point start to look a bit...friendlier? Cause if that's the case I'm going to progress the story further and then continue messing around.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Nah, it stays that way until the very end. Once you've completed the story, you can then choose between whether it's day or night.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Branthog

You can toggle it... once the game is over... at which point it is useless... because you're done.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abendlaender: I guess you'll just have to keep playing and find out.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Go into your graphics settings and crank up the gamma and brightness if it bothers you that much. I never took notice of it myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e
    deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game gets slightly brighter as you go, as you take back the simulation. It stays night though until the end, at which point you realise it looks better at night.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Iodine

As @jaxley said, it brightens the more side stuff you do, but never becomes day until you start really breaking everything around you

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As @jaxley said, it brightens the more side stuff you do, but never becomes day until you start really breaking everything around you

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmmmm....that's too bad. I really don't like the look of the game, it just looks depressing. Well, it's not too bad at least the game os awesome

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They switched it to day in the Quick Look and noted that it looked pretty washed out and kinda bad.

As for me, I like the contrast that the neon-ish lights have against the dark night environment so I really don't have any issue with it being night all the time. Though, I don't have the game yet, so maybe I'll change my mind? I doubt it, I love nighttime environments.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They switched it to day in the Quick Look and noted that it looked pretty washed out and kinda bad.

As for me, I like the contrast that the neon-ish lights have against the dark night environment so I really don't have any issue with it being night all the time. Though, I don't have the game yet, so maybe I'll change my mind? I doubt it, I love nighttime environments.

I really liked the look of the game aswell, although I totally get why people wouldnt

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like any of the filters that you can choose from in the computer. I usually just keep it at default, or Modern if I want some daytime. Why couldn't they add a No Filter and make it look normal, like SR3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.