Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

How do you feel about Saints Row IV?

• 101 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By FluxWaveZ

Poll How do you feel about Saints Row IV? (515 votes)

It's looking great! 34%
    It's looking good. 26%
    It's looking okay. 10%
    I'm wary/unsure. 17%
    I'll pass. 11%
    Other 3%

After the most recent trailer, Meet the President, it seems that the initial sentiment upon the announcement of this game of uncertainty coming from the well received Saints Row: The Third has hit something of a peak. Because of this, I'd like to know what most think from what we've seen of the game so far (which is actually not all that much other than a demonstration of the super powers).

I was excited when SRIV was announced because I've loved each game in the series so far, but now I'm wary about the direction they're heading in. I don't really care that the graphics have not gone through a significant leap or anything, but one of the reasons I ended up preferring SR2 to SR3 was because of how well it managed to have serious and emotionally engaging moments combined with moments of hilarity. SR3 did this too, but it went perhaps a bit too over the top for my tastes. I know a lot of the game is in the context of this virtual world in SRIV, but I fear that they might have gone off the deep end with this one and the casual banter contrasted with (appropriate) craziness and actually interesting characters might be negatively affected by becoming the president + super powers.

• 
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@psylah said:

Just listened to this week's Idle Thumbs, and was really turned off by how Chris Remo totally dismissed SR3 because he thought it was about dildos. No joke.

He then tries to undermine SR4 by saying "You're the president? What, do you spend your time passing legislation?" and despite that totally being the case, still would give Volition no props.

I guess if it isn't pixel-art and indie the Idle Thumbs crew really don't give a damn. They spent the next 20 minutes talking about an iPhone game.

Idle Thumbs is always like that. Had to stop listening to the podcast entirely because of stuff like that.

Yeah, they are just a bunch of entirely un-informed old dudes. Like, I get if you're not able to play all the new games that abound or whatever but my god at least stick to what you KNOW and don't shoot off about games and things you know little to nothing about. It just makes you look like a fool. The only episode I listened to was the one Ryan was on.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#102  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@psylah: There's a certain type of game that appeals to the Idle Thumbs crew, and Saints Row isn't in that wheelhouse.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Just pre-ordered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.