Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Anyone else having framerate problems on PC?

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By walreese55

Everyone's saying that the pc port of this game is pretty good, which is super fucking weird for me. I just upgraded my GPU to ATI 6870 but I can only run the game on medium settings at a 25-30 FPS. My cpu's not a quad core (3.4 ghz dual-core) so I understand why I can't run higher settings, but sub 30 on medium is baffling. Is this just me? I also have 8 gigs of RAM

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By yani

@brainboy77: I'm pretty sure the problem is with your cpu. I bought the game just before upgrading from an E8400 to an i5, game ran like crap on the E8400 with a similar card. Once the new cpu/mobo arrived I tried again and it runs great.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By walreese55

@yani: Shit. I'll have to wait at least another six months before I can upgrade CPUs. -_____- knew I should have gotten a quad core

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By MildMolasses

I have a quad core, 8 gigs of ram and some fancy pants GPU and I still had the occaisional stutter. The bigger problem I was having was that the cut scene dialogue and the visuals were falling out of sync with each other. That's when I switched to the 360 version. Boy was that a downgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc
    deactivated-58f9a027d9bbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you're using AMD cpu the readme said you need to install something like "AMD dual core optimizer"

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By monetarydread

I @sate2801 said:

if you're using AMD cpu the readme said you need to install something like "AMD dual core optimizer"

My 8800gt, 2 gig of ram, and core 2 duo 6750 runs the game on high settings, 1080p with a fairly constant 30fps. If you aren't getting that then you probably have a virus or what previous posters have mentioned about ATI / AMD products being shit for gaming.

krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By krisgebis

The game isnt exactly a quality product in the technical department. I have also been fighting with framerate issues, and neither the scope or the quality of the graphics are impressive. It's pretty clearly badly optimization and poor compatibality that is at fault.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Flaboere

It is, apparently, a fairly common problem for people with ATI cards, myself included, that the FPS is redicoulus. I have a ATI Radeon 5700 and a pretty old machine, and your performance sounds only slightly better than mine. I've seen the same problem mentioned in the official forum alot. Unfortunately it seems unlikely that Volition will make a patch fixing the problem.

My advice would be, turn of some the less important stuff, such as shadows and reflections, that should help your performance. Find something that you can live with, and play with those settings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.