Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Remaster is out on PS4/Xbox One

Jimbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jimbot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ2Us_C1FTE

[Digital Foundry comparison and breakdown]

So, uh, the Remaster looks really good? I didn't expect that much effort to be put into it. I figured it'd just be a upresed version of the originals but it looks like Volition put in a lot of work. I'm actually really interested in checking it out after watching that video.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Efesell

Wow that's pretty rad.

Might have to dip into that.

Turns out its also on the Epic Store for PC and you can apply their current $10 coupon.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Humanity

I watched Jeff play this live yesterday and it actually looked kind of not all that great - will have to look at the Digital Foundry footage to see what they actually did.

EDIT: yup after watching the DF footage it does look like a ton of effort was put into it. I guess memory can be fickle cause when Jeff played it the game looked O-K but seeing those side by side comparisons it’s obvious I thought it looked way better than it actually did.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The DF video made it seem quite good, so I booted up my PS4 version of 4 that I never finished. 3 is the best but 4 is no slouch.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mellotronrules

that's cool! already have it on steam though- and for $40.00 that's WELL outside unnecessary-impulse-purchase-range for me. $15 would have been more in my ballpark if i'm buying a new copy on a separate platform.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything looks and runs great but the new models make the cutscenes real jank sometimes cause they didn't really update any of the lip syncing.

But like, whatever I guess now the Saints Row cutscenes might look a little silly.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People forget how bad stuff looked last gen saturated/washed out colours, poor IQ and frame-rates. Its funny that folks covering games seem to forget quicker or don't bother to check at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.