Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Salt and Sanctuary

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 15, 2016

Side-scrolling 2D action RPG about a sailor shipwrecked on a mysterious island.

This game is awesome, except it doesn't have online multiplayer

fujisyusuke808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fujisyusuke808

No online multiplayer? Engaging in jolly cooperation was one of my favorite parts of Dark Souls, kind of a bummer it's not in this.

At least, legitimately. There's that workaround with local coop and Playstation Share, but it's not enough, I think.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eh, it's a two-person development studio.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@csl316: So was Apple at one point...

telliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of online play as well at first glance. However I've found that where I might have used summons as a crutch when I ran in to trouble in the Souls games I can't do that here. Being forced to fly solo has made Salt and Sanctuary a very different Souls like experience for me, far more tense when I can't summon for the tough stuff. When Dark Souls 3 comes out I may actually try playing offline to force myself into going on my own and to capture the tension of having no help.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azrailx: they patched in their multiplayer much later I will admit

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@telliot: I get the whole "summoning is a crutch thing" and I make sure to solo kill any boss before I summon, but on a second play through I absolutely love co-oping "Souls" games. I don't know what it is specifically about it but I find the co-op more fun.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Game would be super broken, there's a dozen or more busted builds for multiplayer; just be happy you can play the game and not have to worry about cancerous shit from other players. If you only mean co-op the same idea holds, how many people could you summon in a row who had greatswords until it grew tiresome?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.