Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saturn

Platform »

A 32-bit game console developed by Sega. Due to development difficulties and the rising popularity of the PlayStation and N64, the Saturn was discontinued overseas in 1998, but continued to sell in Japan until 2000. It was Sega's most successful console in Japan yet their least successful console overseas.

Must have imports

retsub101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By retsub101

Tons of great games were made for the Saturn that sadly never left Japanease shores. I'm gonna list some titles that  I would seriously reccomend importing. I don't know every Saturn game ever made off by heart & I may miss some out so by all means jump in with your own sugestions.

First I'll get the obvious ones out of the way like Radiant Silvergun & Princess Crown, they're the titles that most people will mention when talking about Saturn imports. Both are great games that really push the systems abilities & I wholeheartedly recommend you check them out! Also lots of Capcom games come to mind like: Street Fighter Zero 3, Vampire Savior, X-men Vs Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter & Cyberbots. Though if you do decide to get hold of any of those games make sure you get/have a 4MB Ram cartridge or they will not work.

Got to mention the large collection of other (non-capcom) Fighting games such as Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3: Groove on Fight (Power Instinct 3), Asuka 120% Burning Fest, Astra Superstars & Real Bout Garō Densetsu Special to name a few.

Also Deep Fear is an interesting title that I would reccomend any North American gamers to get hold of as it was released in both NTSC-J & PAL territories only which is odd because usually in the "2 out of 3" scenario it's the PAL region that gets shafted.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ColinWright

It is just better to pretend the Saturn never existed.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero
    retsub101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By retsub101
    @wh4tshisface said:
    " It is just better to pretend the Saturn never existed. "
    Be safe kids, don't feed the Trolls :)
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ColinWright
    @retsub101 said:

" @wh4tshisface said:

" It is just better to pretend the Saturn never existed. "
    Be safe kids, don't feed the Trolls :) "
    I am not  trolling. Speaking your mind is not trolling. I am only contributing to the conversation. Your job would be to tell me why I should care about the Saturn and it's "awesome" Japan-only games. Gosh!
    retsub101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By retsub101

The Saturn version of the original Dead or Alive is also pretty good & very different from the PS1 game, also it's one of the cheaper import games out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.