Clear Sky Involvement
At the beginning of the game, Scar is a mercenary (or "merc") who is escorting ecologists through the Swamps. He is caught in a blowout, where all of his companions are killed, but he miraculously survived. He is rescued by the Clear Sky faction, who tells him that he has a strange immunity to the blowouts; he is not killed instantly by them but is being gradually killed by them. With the discovery that the increase in blowout activity is a defence mechanism created by the Zone to protect itself against Stalkers wishing to get to the core, Scar helps Clear Sky try to hunt down and eliminate Strelok's group.
- Scar is either a middle-aged man or suffers from accelerated aging.
- He carries a VSS Vintorez in cutscenes, and wears a hooded trenchcoat.
- Scar is not directly killed by emmisions, as his nervous system works differently than other STALKER's. However, coming in contact with too many of them will eventually kill Scar.
- Scar doesn't hold any grudges against Strelok, but is hunting him down to stop him from unleashing hell on the Zone.
- Scar can use a geiger counter like Strelok, but has to find artifacts using special devices as well.
- Scar is indirectly mentioned in an audio recording in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl
Scar's story takes place before Strelok's story in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl, and the fate of Scar or Clear Sky faction is untold in either of the following games.