Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Warrior

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 26, 2013

Legendary, quick-witted swordsman Lo Wang returns to fight demonic forces in this total re-imagining of 3D Realms' 1997 Asia-themed first-person shooter of the same name.

So it's 40 dollars. Is that a deal-breaker for anyone?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

When I saw the beta footage on UPF, I was like "Alright, looks like they're doing right by the original's strengths, and dumping the racism and other bad shit." But then I saw the pre-order on GOG.com, and they're asking for 40 dollars as a base price. 33 something for the pre-order, as with most pre-orders on GOG, but man. I really hope they don't skimp on campaign length or anything like that, because I can see that being a huge letdown at the price of admission. Anyone else kind of taken aback by this, considering Devolver Digital's usual fare with downloadable titles? Honestly, I thought the asking price for Serious Sam 3 was way too high, considering the kind of game it was, but maybe that's just me. How do you guys feel?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GreggD
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Lo Wang will pay any price to bust some balls.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought it came out and was 15 bucks - I was probably thinking of ROTT.

And now, I'd rather not. Too much other cool games that are cheaper and better "values", whether the value is story or varied gameplay or whatever.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Sadly, yes. I preordered Hard Reset, but I think I'll wait a little for Shadow Warrior.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Loading Video...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Wow, is that guy still going? =/

I had to stop watching his stuff after he got into some heated argument in the comments section and started flat-out insulting people.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Gantrathor

Not if it's a good game. I will often replay games that I like or love, so even if the campaign is short, $40 is not a deal breaker for me. Just needs to be a solid game.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@the_laughing_man said:
    Loading Video...

I had to stop watching his stuff after he got into some heated argument in the comments section and started flat-out insulting people.

He has chilled out a lot since moving to the u.S

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

I have no nostalgia for this game (because i'd never heard of it before) so they'd have to show me something to think it was worth 40bux. That british guy in the vid posted seems to love it, although it didn't look all that great watching him play it. So it seems like it may be one that you have to play to see the potential rather than look at footage of it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@beachthunder said:

@the_laughing_man said:
    Loading Video...

He has but he's still elitist as all hell sometimes and that gets really tiresome.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

@beachthunder said:

@the_laughing_man said:
    Loading Video...

He has but he's still elitist as all hell sometimes and that gets really tiresome.

I enjoyed him when he was actually just cynical, but there ended up being a shift towards being condescending and cantankerous :(

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Pudge

40 Bucks? Everything I've seen about the game screams XBLA level FPS with a hell of a lot of polish. Blood Dragon was $15, I can't see this being that much better. I guess I'll wait for a sale.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Vextroid

Wow, it is now. I was expecting this to be $20, $25 tops. This looked awesome on Unprofessional Friday. Definitely looking out for this in the Winter Steam Sale.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GreggD

Lemme tell you guys something. I love the fact that they're rebooting a solid shooter that never went anywhere but had a really cool premise. And it looks like they're fixing all the issues that wouldn't fly in this day and age. But man, I have extremely limited funds and I just cannot see myself picking this up until they knock off at least ten, fifteen bucks. It's something I want to play. Like seriously. It looks awesome. If the reviews come out and it's worth the price based on length of campaign and gameplay, I'll jump all over it. I was actually considering putting aside like fifteen, twenty dollars to pre-order it when it was made available to do so. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't set that extra money aside, and instead spent it on something else that was on sale that I wanted.

Anyway, sorry for the ranty post here, I just felt like I should elaborate on my feelings, considering I'm the one who brought it up.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hm, looking at the Steam store they at least seem to properly convert $ to € in this case. That makes it quite a bit better for me immediately but possibly still a little steep. Now, if this gets a cool gmg deal on top of that I might be in right from the start. It looks pretty damn cool and I held off on going for Rise of the Triad because of the apparent performance issues and prevelance of first person platforming. That isn't a part of older shooters I want back neccessarily. So, I've still got that oldschool itch to scratch and this game might do it.

After seeing the elaborate upgrade system on UPF I immediately suspected this being in a slightly higher price tier since that just seemed just a little too fleshed out and replayable too be completely low budget. But damn, that "WTF is..." makes it look very enticing. That man has the most infectious, joyous presentation style when it comes to celebrating the dumbest of dumb shit in videogames. I love it.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's way to steep at the moment. If at all, I'll buy it during a sale.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmmm...... yeah. Maybe when it's discounted in the future, and you know, finished.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.