Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Final Boss (Spoilers, Duh!)

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leftyhijack

Nyx is the hardest and longest motherF@#ing boss battle I have ever faced in a game. I am typing this while the game is shuffling through the intros (Burn my bread!) I have lost three times already and Im about to chuck my friends PS2 at a baby sea lion.

1st ATTEMPT! : Alright going against Nyx. Lets do this! Im rolling with some max social link fuses like susano-o, siegfried, and norn because of it massive wind damage spell. My crew is Akihiko, mitsuru, and Aigis, on normal difficulty. Equipment is the best stuff for everybody. Elementer boosters on everyone except aigis she has regeneration 3.

So I start hitting the Nyx with some spell ands its going down fast. That is when its starts changing arcanas. So far it was going pretty well. Had to use some bead chains and a soma a some point. The almighty attack thingy was starting to get annoying but I managed.

So I finaling reach the death arcana. I start hammering out as much damage as I can. Some of my teammates died and that kinda messed up the order a bit, to a point where he would attack after me, which would be useful for that moonless gown shit.

I almost done just a tiny chunk left of health. Until Nyx hit me with a ziodyne which norn was weak against and for his bonus turn he use that Almighty attack, Killed me. GREAT! Hour of my life well spent.

2nd ATTEMPT!: Went off with my friends IRL and came back to try again. Rolling with the same crew and fusions.

Went though all the million arcanas Nyx has and finaly get to Death. But this time he immeidetly hits all of my allies weaknesses, including mine, does almighty attack, dead. Another hour gone.

3rd ATTEMPT!: Ok, lets check out norn. Ok she is only weak to lightning but at lvl 69 she gets asorb lightning, shes at 68. So immeidetly lvl her up to get that.

YEP YEP YEP DIALOG SKIP! TRIANGLE BUTTON GO!! Im getting to point where I can name the next arcana. This time its going smoother than last time, my teamates haven't died yet so our order is still ok! Aigis wasn't doing enough damage once she gets to death but if you put her on Heal/support, she puts on all the stat boosters which IS VERY helpful.

Nyx is almost done to a sliver of health THIS IS IT!. what the fuck is night queen? Yep new spell he/she/it does. Does a good amount of damage and does a random aliment. This first time Nyx does it, i get hit with charm. CHARM!! Fear, you have a chance to cure yourself, same with panik and distress but CHARM. Once your charmed your fu#KED!

I Killed mitsuru and Aigis and Akihiko die as well from Nyx's attack. Im left, still charmed. my turn passes, still charmed. Get hit with Bufudyne, still alive, NOT CHARMED! used a bead, dodged the next attack, revived Aigis cause she can revive. This is turning out like a come back. Another Night queen. SH#T! I get my self enraged! Again onced you Enraged, your fu#k!! Fantastic! I died because i get double damage. SON OF A BITCH. Another hour wasted.

Sorry I am so frustrated, I just want to beat this game already and go on to the anwser. Supposely if you equip raphel out you can avoid getting charmed. If anyone has any suggestions, please now. Fourth times the CHARM! HAHA PUN!

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I fortunately beat Nyx on the first try, but as soon as the cut scene started, the electricity on my block went out. it was pretty sweet.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

Ouch.  I beat Nyx on my first try, but it wasn't without frustration.  Aigis was useless because her best attacks kept getting reflected back and killing her, and after I had whittled Nyx down to half health,  Yukari healed her right back up after getting charmed.

I still feel lucky for making my way through that battle without losing.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

Yeah, i beat it first time with Junpei, Yukari and Akihiko who i used through the whole game. I think the main personas i used were thor, thanatos, and satan, but i can't remember the others if i used them at all.

The main annoyance was when Nxy would keep using moonlight veil or whatever, when you have to refrain from attacking it. I had to build up a pattern where i would predict when he was going to put it on, and then had to switch everyone's tactics to stand by and do nothing. I think i got rid of the charm status effects just by using items, but i think he stopped using that attack at low health. There was only one time where i got close to dying because of it.

A lot of the time i would keep Yukari as a healer/support character in the tactics so she would do a mediarahan on every turn. I also had a huge stockpile of crazy hp/sp restoring items which i hadn't used. I must've had about 30 soma's, which completely restore the hp and sp of the party, as well as beads and other things. Go all out with the items as you won't need them again.

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leftyhijack

Well the thing with Charm is that theres only one way to get rid of it, which to wait it out. You can't use dis-charm because your CHARMED! and you can't die because...you die! Unless a teammate has Armait (Which I think the dog did?) you better hope your teammates survive.

@ Guerrilla_Mason: That totally sucks, I was going through tartarus, had a nasty part of levels where I could not reach the checkpoint, kept dying from hama or something. I was one floor away, Power went out and then came back on. This game doesn't want me to win.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By dietmango

If you're having trouble with the Charming thing, try to fuse Raphael or Horus. They have Null Charm automatically I think.

leftyhijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By leftyhijack
    4th ATTEMPT!: Come on baby, its 12:30 in the morning, got my double quarter pounder with Big mac sauce, and game fuel because that makes dudes better at games duh! Also on a side note while I was out with friends (Playing frisbee in a bowling ally parking lot?) This bewildering fog settle down around us. Man did i get this P4 boner. I was afraid a giant eye ball would come out.

Moving along swiftly, holding down that Triangle button. Yep yep arcana blah blah blah OK Death! Aigis don't you give me sass you support dammit, you two go bananas. The problem with aigis support is that when let say the attack reverted on her turn, she would cast increase attack for all for herself while everyone else has increase attack. So like when somone needed healing badly she goes ahead cast makujarka or something. Again a chunk of health left for Nyx I prepare for Night Queen attack with Raphael out but he casts tentaroo, knock down akihiko with ice and then crited me with night queen. DEAD! SHOCKING!

5th ATTEMPT!: (oh boy) this started to sound pathetic...man I suck. Come on. I think I was on Fortune or Empress arcana when he wiped out my team with Hama/mudo skills. I didn't because I have that werid paper. Boy what a good start. I did however figure out a way to make aigis actually do something with her turn rather than waste it boosting herself. Man do I love the RUSH button. Luckly Nyx didn't cast Night queen at all. And so a few more Massive wind and HUZZAH!! VICTORY! And Boy what an ending that was. Almost got confuse on what I was supposed after school.

I wouldn't mind that battle so much if it wasn't SO LONG! it take half hour to get to death and another to kill him. But I can't complain. I can proudly say I beat P3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't find the final boss too hard at all, just really long. I fought that thing for like an hour. So long and repetitive.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Plasma

Its not that long or hard, just get some decent personas. e.g Thanatos

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ashogo

Congrats on beating Nyx! Now get grinding on the Answer.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Nyx isn't even a hard boss except for his last form, and even then it's only a battle of attrition. I beat him on my second try after about two hours of grinding in Tartarus, even after he got fully healed by a charmed Yukari. It's when he uses Night Queen twice in a row that I get pissed.
    I used a buffed-up Odin with Thunder Reign for most of the battle. It worked quite well.

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Blueblur1

I beat the game today. Everyone was at level 75 except for the Main Character, he was 83. I beat Nyx without breaking a sweat. The last form always takes long apparently.

Clouise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clouise

I found nyx very easy, just long and boring. I farmed four narcissus flowers which stopped anyone getting charmed. (Save your narcissus to the compendium on its last level, then level it up four times) I never even changed personas; had hariti with mediarahan, ziodyne, elec boost, garudyne and the bring back with full life (cant remeber the name) spell. I was 81, with Yukari, koromaru and Akihiko in the high 70s . I had Aki on heal/support which made him buff constantly (plus give out a few dis items), and the others acted freeley. I healed, and popped about 4 somas in all I think!  

The flowers, and the buffing spells helped me the most I think!! Definately save your somas for this fight!
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By SpiralStairs

I beat it on my second try. And I used a lvl 42 persona to beat it as well. It was Saki Mitama I think, but it had a skill that halfed the MP cost of all other skills, and one increased healing power by a lot. So I mediarama healed just as much as mediarahan, but it cost less than SP points each time I cast it.

Trome_Kizugazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Trome_Kizugazi

(Yeah i know this thread has been dead for 4 years but hell, its P3)

Just beat this a few days, yeah its an old game, but hell, i wanted to. As off Nyx, i was around level 70 (i ended level 71 due to the level up) i think this is under leveled as it took me two hours to accomplish. Nyx itself wasn't that tough, i must've been lucky. My Persona of choice? Call me crazy, but I used Orpheous (Lv. 62) Decked out with great skill cards like Salvation, Medigoloan, Spellmaster, etc. Team, Aigis (because she is god damn awesome) Misturu, and Yukari, all around level 70. The real diffculty i had was when nyx hit emperor arcana and started firing off elec moves. So tell me guys, was i just lucky of did i survive normal. The ending made me depressed as hell when i realized that The MC died. I honestly cared for some of the characters, Aigis being one of them, and after she said she would protect the MC. I felt like an douche. Damn you P3 love ya but damn you.

-Persona 3 (normal) Main Character: Trome Kizugazi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.