Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Just got P3 FES

Dante_the_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dante_the_Jedi

So I picked up a copy from Amazon. So I am waiting for it to get here and I am thinking should I have waited for the PSP port?

I am thinking not, as I am not sure how much will have to be taken out of the PSP one. The only thing I really thinking I will miss is the ability to directly control characters other than the Protagonist in battle.

Dose anyone one think that this will really make that much difference? 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Do you play your PSP much? Because if you don't, then you might as well get the definitive experience.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

I only played it for 3-4 hours before i stopped so take this with a grain of salt. The way you navigated around that place is very annoying and overly complex. Its not bad and gets better once you memorize everything, but if your going from p4 to p3 it will feel ancient at times. But other then that, and a few bad choices in menu layout its pretty much the same. The PSP version might fix a few of the things, but i don't think it will be anything major. And if they use that old school dungeon crawler system for moving around the world like they did in the Persona 1 Remake your better off not playing it imho. I hate that kind of thing even worse. Its fine as it is on ps2, even with the few quality of life things missing from newer versions of the game and just more modern RPG's in general.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

Voice acting and probably some other stuff will be taken out for UMD space probably

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EvilTwin

Yes.  It makes the game very different, but you'll get used to it.  Besides, don't support Atlus' second re-release of the game.  FES is fine. 

Dante_the_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dante_the_Jedi

Thanks to everyone for your help. I am still waiting for it to come in the post.

I may still look at the PSP one just to see what they did.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By EvilTwin
    Dante_the_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dante_the_Jedi
    @EvilTwin

Thanks, looks like the only thing I care about is the control of your party.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By penguindust
    @Dante_the_Jedi:  Yes, but I honestly never had a problem with not controlling my party in P3 FES.  I found them smart enough as long as you know what tactics they are set at.  If you are going to need a healer for a fight, set that one to support/heals otherwise they'll keep attacking.  Also, make certain that the party members are relatively close to you, or they will get left out of the fight.  It didn't happen too often for me but there were occasions I suddenly was without a teammate because they got hung up on some corner.  This doesn't matter in P4, but in P3 it does.  Finally, the map isn't too hard to get used to.  The downside is you need to physically guide your character everywhere they want to go once inside a zone, unlike P4 where you can hit "square" can cycle through all the locales.   I didn't mind this too because it made me feel closer to the character.

The only other thing I would offer at this point is a suggestion to complete as many of Elizabeth's quests as you can because they really pay off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.