Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Re-Endure the Persona 4 Endurance Run: Set 2!

• 111 results
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Yosuke really comes into his own in Kanji's dungeon, the impressions of him by the time to get to Rise are amazing! 

Wow, part 36 already! I've been bogged down in assignments so haven't kept completely up to date with this.

BOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BOOM

I really enjoy these! Please keep it up.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sameeeeam

Fox keeps it real.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Voxatron

"Bark!"

Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vigil80

I recently watched these through for the first time. I'll have to burn through the first thirty-odd episodes again to catch up with the rewatch.

Great idea.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meaninoflife42

I've almost made it.  I'm at episode 99.  Only 56 more to go.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#8  Edited By Little_Socrates

I ended up WAY ahead of the Re-ER, currently at Episode 62. 

Bought the game after Episode 50, though.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Pfft, I'm on episode 153 y'all are slow. I'm going to be watching the DP-BR-ER for the first time soon though, I only had time to watch VJ when they aired. 

T4RTERS4UCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By T4RTERS4UCE
    NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN

@XII_Sniper:
     I'm not gonna lie brother, getting through the BR Endurance Run gets tough sometimes. It's incredible how frustrating it can get watching Brad fumble through the game, and Ryan never stops giving him shit for it.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 37!  I have to admit, the Bad Bad Bathhouse always makes me sleepy.  So much level grinding to be done.

The first appearance of Ghoul!  The decision not to pick him up definitely won't be a pain in their asses way down the road.  The Bathhouse has some really weird enemies, but I guess if you made them too thematically appropriate there could be some problems.  It's already rated M, though...  
    Also, you'd think that they'd be a little more wary of those instant kill spells considering how well they worked here, but they still pay them little to no mind until way later in the run.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

Also, you'd think that they'd be a little more wary of those instant kill spells considering how well they worked here, but they still pay them little to no mind until way later in the run. "

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By punisherkaos
    @T4RTERS4UCE: Thats exactly why i thought that endurance run was so damn entertaining lol
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

I just received my copy from Amazon and played six hours with a couple of friends. 

One of them may've just put his order in.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mutha3
    @Little_Socrates said:
    " I just received my copy from Amazon and played six hours with a couple of friends.  One of them may've just put his order in. "
    The Endurance Run is still selling copies of Persona 4 2 years after the fact:P
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 38!  The cliffhanger door from yesterday is surprisingly anticlimactic.

The guys spend some more time fusing, but are just a few levels away from being able to get the good stuff.  Vinny continues to be really attached to his Hama spells, Jeff continues to deride Status buff and debuff spells, and those Hogan-esque enemies are awesome.  Kanji's shadow does something pretty cool, with that sudden voice shift to sound way more like normal Kanji at the end there.  Vinny and Jeff's dungeon crawling strategy is totally opposite mine, but then again, I decided to clear Kanji's dungeon in one day, which would have made for terrible viewing.  So much fighting on lower floors to get my SP back...

@mutha3 said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    " I just received my copy from Amazon and played six hours with a couple of friends.  One of them may've just put his order in. "
    The Endurance Run is still selling copies of Persona 4 2 years after the fact:P "
    Never doubt the Endurance Run's ability to make people want to play a game.  My copy of Deadly Premonition is proof of it.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sameeeeam

OH YEAAAAHHHHHHH 

Seriously though, I love the character and creature designs in Persona so much.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mutha3
    @Underachiever007 said:
    " OH YEAAAAHHHHHHH  Seriously, I love the character and creature designs in Persona so much. "
    Yeah. Its one of my favorite things about the franchise.

Soejima Shigenori is a fucking great artist.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 39, coming over the airwaves to you~

The guys go to work, hang with Yukiko, and are seduced by the sweet siren song of Tanaka's Amazing Commodities.  Tanaka was actually a character you could social link with back in Persona 3.  Appropriately enough, he was the Devil Arcana.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 40!  That whole scene with Nanako is gut-wrenching...

I like that no matter how much everyone wants to give up on Yumi, they always end up going to drama anyways.  I also love that they can't even come close to remembering the correct days for work/the clubs or anything else, because it makes sure there's a good variety on the social linking happening in these episodes.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sameeeeam

Oh, Dojima, why couldn't you ever do anything right?

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gnorbooth

Shit!  I've fallen behind!  Thanks new college, for snaking my time and making me forget about my re-enduring of awesome.  I'm back on ep 31.  :(

I miss fighting the Hulk Hogan enemies.  Those dudes were awesome.  Except when I would use physical attacks on accident, and have them not do shit.  Physical abilities FTW.  Jeff and Vinny never found the love for physical abilities.  That deserves a sad face.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 41!  Vinny and Jeff work through an entire week trying to get more diligent.

I think they hang out with almost everyone they've got a social link with in this episode- of note is that every other mom using the day care is apparently a total bitch, and that Jeff's anger during the Chie social link scene is still palpable after all this time.  The sports guys actually get some screen time again, introduce yet another girl who'll be after the transfer student within the year, and talk about Kou's family problems, which almost make me wish I would have finished his social link to see where it went.  It also amazes me how much time they're willing to spend out of the dungeon considering how close they came to getting destroyed in Yukiko's castle.
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sameeeeam

I really wanted them to finish Kou's social link as well. Seriously though, we all know it would have just ended with them making jokes about balls.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
      It also amazes me how much time they're willing to spend out of the dungeon considering how close they came to getting destroyed in Yukiko's castle. "
    I feel the opposite, they spent way, way, way too much time in dungeons than was necessary in this ER.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @mutha3 said:
    " @Make_Me_Mad said:
      It also amazes me how much time they're willing to spend out of the dungeon considering how close they came to getting destroyed in Yukiko's castle. "
    I feel the opposite, they spent way, way, way too much time in dungeons than was necessary in this ER.

"
    Yeah, I worded that wrong.  I mean I'm surprised by how long they're willing to wait before they finish the dungeon.  I usually got paranoid and tried to get everyone out of the TV in the first few days.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 42.  A little more social linking, some fusing, dungeon exploring, and things go bad.

I actually liked Yukiko's S.Link when I went through the game, but Jeff and Vinny do a great job ragging on it.  They continue to be disappointed at the options fusing offers them, check out a new Arcana effect, and fight some damn monsters!  Unfortunately, that last battle still makes me cringe looking back on it.  So many things they could have done to get out of there...!  Ah well, there's always tomorrow.
    Edit:  If I didn't know any better, I'd think you people were allergic to commenting!  Giantbomb will only let the same user post twice in a row, so if you want the RE-ER to keep going, post!
    punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By punisherkaos

Lol that last fight was painful to watch.  To be fair tho i did think those dudes where pretty hard for where there are in the game until i found out tentarafoo almost always works on them

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Little_Socrates

I had a painful fight in the bad bad bathhouse a few days ago and lost three hours of material. Going to catch up to the Endurance Run soon...and then I can start watching again. Though I'm at episode 61, so it'll be a bit before I have anything super-profound.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should really get back to re watching these, and watching a couple of them for the first time as I skipped a few towards the end and haven't seen the final episode.  This is due to the fact that its been 3 years since I started playing this game and the last time I played ( October of 2010)  I made it to the boss to get the True Ending but its 2nd form completely owned me. I started grinding a bit afterwards but then stopped playing :( 

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 43, and fair warning, this episode is nearly entirely fusing.  Watch only if your tolerance for that sort of thing is extremely high.

I don't want to complain, because as I said they did an awesome job throughout the game, and I'm not going to say they did it wrong.  But I will be putting a warning at the top on every fusion focused episode, because Vinny and Jeff turned the fusion system from being a pretty straightforward way to get more powerful persona into an almost purely masochistic enterprise.  Try not to let Jeff's negativity throughout the episode keep you down, and remember that they get somewhat better at this later.

I still don't think it's all that confusing, but then again, they had way more going on than I did when they were playing through the game.  Must... not... judge...!
    Vigil80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vigil80

Alternatively, the fusing episodes are good for playing in the background while you do something else, such as checking your email!

@Make_Me_Mad: 
    It's early in this run yet, but do you plan on re-enduring the Deadly Premonition runs as well?

MrAristocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By MrAristocrates

Holy crap! I'm still on 25! Must... catch... up...

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad said:
    I still don't think it's all that confusing, but then again, they had way more going on than I did when they were playing through the game.  Must... not... judge...! "
    Its okay dude*pats on back* judge all ya want. let it all out!

I don't mind them being bad at the game, but it does kinda bother me when they start blaming the game for it. And they do sometimes, quite unfairly:/.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 44!  Out of the Velvet Room and back into the Bad Bad Bathouse.

They do a pretty nice job of handling the enemies in this episode, as the Dancing Hand/Nizam Beast combo can be difficult to deal with.  They cleared quite a few floors, and aside from that Arcana mishap with The Lovers, things went pretty awesome.  Those miniboss doors are always a great place for a cliffhanger...

@Vigil80:

I spent most of episode 43 trying to play Hanafuda, so I have to agree.  Sitting and watching it directly is close to torture, though.  I probably won't be doing the Deadly Premoniton Run... at the very least not until it hits the two year mark like Persona 4 did.  I will probably have to rewatch the episodes with Brad fighting wall ladies later today, though, because Ryan's anger is absolutely hilarious.

@MrAristocrates:

There are people ahead of the Re-ER and people behind.  Feel free to comment wherever you happen to be in the episodes!  Just keep any big spoilers under wraps.

@mutha3:

I don't want to say they're bad at the game, considering that they managed to beat the first boss when they were almost totally unprepared and underleveled. They just make bad decisions while fusing and spend entirely too much time doing it to try and get just the right combination of skills.
    Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Ah man, this thread reminded me about how much I loved the P4 Endurance Run! I ended up jumping through a lot of it on my own over the last few days, then realizing that 11 April 2011 is coming up - if I remember correctly, that is the date when the chronology of P4 actually starts with Charlie moving into Inaba! 

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Little_Socrates

Watching the post-episode 40 Re-Endurance episodes to catch up and put off watching the pilot of LOST. Also to convince myself to go to living room, get my PS2, and go play my runthrough of P4. 

EDIT: That did not take long at all. Listening to the Bombcast now instead, as Persona 4 running concurrent with P4 Endurance Run is just too crazy.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mutha3
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

"

@mutha3:

I don't want to say they're bad at the game, considering that they managed to beat the first boss when they were almost totally unprepared and underleveled. They just make bad decisions while fusing and spend entirely too much time doing it to try and get just the right combination of skills. "
    I wouldn't call them unprepared for that fight in the least bit....

The comment section had told them exactly which Persona to use to get very specific skills(slime:red wall if I remember correctly), which Persona  to fuse(Senri) and underlined the strategy they should follow(cast red wall on Chie, focus on taking out boss sidekick with mabufu ETC.). They followed it to a T. How much more prepared can you get? they certainly didn't figure  out some master strategy through trial and error or strategic thinking. And they weren't under-leveled.

And there's a lot of stuff, like complaining that you need to remember which days event occur, when they could just access the S-link menu. Complaining about the fusing system being poorly explained, when they never even read the optional tutorial hanging over their heads the entire game and said lol no when the game asked them if they needed an explanation. Complaining that the game is grindy, when they keep fighting low-level 100% unnecessary trashy mobs for hours on end. Complaining about the interface when they forgot basic short-cuts every two episodes. Complaining that the game should pop up and tell them when they do something really stupid or unprepared (this is just dumb, and screams current-gen mentality to me) , But  I digress.

While I enjoyed the ER a lot, it did show me a lot about how they approach games.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 45!  Things go so much better this time it's ridiculous.

They check out fusing at the start of this one, but it's great.  Vinny's assertion that Vetala looks like he came off the cover of a cheap fantasy novel is pretty spot on, and the contrast between their original excitement about getting Andra (Hot owl head lady) and the reality when they see it (Biiiiirdmaaaaan!) is amazing.  King Frost is also pretty impressive.  They ripped that midboss a new one, tore through a bunch of floors, and aside from the mages being trouble like always they didn't really have any problems this episode.  Count it, though, Charlie dodged two attacks that would have finished him off during that fight.  Crazy lucky.  And Nanako still finds a way to make the ending awkward and remind the guys to level up their social skills.

@mutha3:

That's probably the best thing about the fight, though!  They were told an easy Persona/skill combo that would make most of the threat that boss posed totally null and void, and they mixed it up so bad that it was almost worse than if they'd never been given advice in the first place.  The whole point of putting Red Wall on Senri was to keep Charlie safe while he protected Chie and to keep the boss from getting extra turns.  Instead, they just used the Red Wall that Slime had, which made Charlie weak to fire every time they needed to re-shield Chie, which is several magnitudes worse than Chie taking a bad hit.  And they still made it through!  Seriously impressive luck, if nothing else.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Make_Me_Mad: Man, you're only on episode 45? I'm up to 99 or one hundo! Pick up the pace! ;) 
    Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gnorbooth

Oh geez. I forgot about the reactions to seeing the final product of Andra.  Excuse me while I go and laugh to myself for the rest of the day.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sameeeeam

I was waiting for Andra. Good times.

T4RTERS4UCE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By T4RTERS4UCE

I really like Jeff's little freak out five minutes in; "Dude, this game is long! What are we doing?!"

kimchibomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kimchibomb

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one watching these videos over and over and over again.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 46!  Vinny and Jeff continue the streak of episodes where things don't go horribly wrong.

Advancing Fox quests, shopping, and fusing!  King Frost is awesome.  With a few Persona that are pretty on-the-level with the Bathhouse monsters, things go pretty good inside the Bathhouse, aside from a few rough hits at the start.  Still, they made it to the top of the dungeon.  Tomorrow... Kanji.
    @MooseyMcMan: It's crazy!  I thought people would have a hard time keeping up with one episode a day thanks to work schedules and the like, but more people are leaving the Re-ER in the dust than anything else.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 47!  4v3 match at the top of the bad Bad Bathhouse.

I was going to say that Shadow Kanji did a pretty poor job of explaining his problems vs. how Kanji explains it himself in his social link, but I guess that's the point of Shadows anyways.  They handled this boss battle pretty awesomely!  I seem to remember that Shadow Kanji can be tough for anyone new to SMT/Persona games, because buffs are way more important than in a lot of other JRPGs- nevertheless, Vinny and Jeff took this fight convincingly.  Big turnaround since the Yukiko fight, which they barely scraped past.

Also, I forgot how much I love these scenes of Dojima being suspicious of Charlie and trying to subtly investigate him.  The back-and-forth between them is great there.
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm almost caught up to them in the actual game now! YEAH!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Episode 48!  Special guest Dave on this episode.

Every time Vinny and Jeff have to explain the game to someone, hilarity ensues.  Looking at some of the old comments, it's hard to believe people thought the addition of Snide made this a worse episode- constantly stringing him along while they do everything but fight Contrarian King is one of my favorite Endurance Run memories.  Still, even with no King battles we get hanging out with Fox and Chie before the plot takes over the episode so they can get to that whole "keep anyone else from being murdered" thing.  At least Kanji is an awesome addition to the Investigation Team- second day on the job and he's gathered more important information than the rest combined.  Granted, he's gathering it through shaking down other kids, but you can't argue with results.
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Little_Socrates

Oh, delaying the fight with Contrarian King. Awesome stuff. 

And the next batch of episodes is really quite excellent.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By LackLuster

I'm on episode 47

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.