Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What the hell you can fight Margaret?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/qna/945498.html?qid=29648
    You have to play the game twice, getting the good ending both times, beating all the optional bosses and getting every persona, then at a very precise opportunity in the game you have to go in and out of the velvet room twice. What an absolutely fucking ludicrous task.
     Just sayin.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

To my knowledge, the only real requirements for fighting Margaret are it being at least your second playthrough, maxing out her Social Link, and going for the true ending.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Red

No. It needs to be your second playthrough and you need to have gotten the True Ending your first time through. You also need to have maxed out her S. Link. Then, on March 20th after some key things happen, talk to Margaret and she'll wait for you at the end of Heaven.

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Doubt

no friggin dingin way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ryanwho

The SMT new game + extras are always ridiculous and anyone with a job and a life should not even attempt to unlock the resident uberboss.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar
    @Red: You don't need to have gotten the True Ending the first time.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Red
    @Turambar said:
    " @Red: You don't need to have gotten the True Ending the first time. "
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure you do.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Turambar

My playthroughs of the game disagrees, but *shrug*

Avatar image for themightymonarch
    themightymonarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By themightymonarch
    @I_smell: That is the most difficult thing I've ever heard. To anyone who reads this, for a real sense of accomplishment don't bother climbing Mt. Everest. Play Persona 4 twice.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Turambar
    @themightymonarch: Luckily it's mostly wrong =P
    Avatar image for themightymonarch
    themightymonarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By themightymonarch
    @Turambar: Yeah I know, but it is fun to make fun of.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scooper

It's a fun easter egg for big fans of the series and that game in the series. It's not something the player is meant to come across by chance. If you're a big enough fan to go through the game a second time you've probably read how to fight her online anyway.

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By General_D23

You do have to beat the optional bosses before the end date, but you absolutely do not have to get every persona. That would be...eh. From a certain point of view, you do have to go to the velvet room twice, but that entails going before the gas station thing and going again, the first time you get the note to the challenge (this is how I remember it, anyway). To sum it up: 

Max her social link 
    Defeat the optional bosses 
    Get True Ending twice 
    Talk to Igor in the vevlet room before the gas station incident  

Compared to othe SMT games, this isn't very difficult. Stil difficult, but not impossible. 

EDIT: I would like to note that maxing her social link the second time through isn't really hard if you registered the personas you used the first time, like I failed to do.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By penguindust

So what happens when you do?  I mean, what is the point?  I'm not down playing the significance, I am just wondering, if I was going to go through this, what is the pay off to make it worth my time?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @PenguinDust said:
    " So what happens when you do?  I mean, what is the point?  I'm not down playing the significance, I am just wondering, if I was going to go through this, what is the pay off to make it worth my time? "
    Gratification for completing a difficult challenge.  What do you want?  Achievement points? :P
    fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fRAWRst
    @PenguinDust: No real point. SMT games are noted for having extremely time consuming end game bosses, with the optional ones being even harder. In SMT: Digital Devil Saga, you have a chance to fight the HitoShura, aka the main character from SMT 3: Noctune.  He takes about 45 minutes to kill.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By eirikr
    @fRAWRst said:
    " @PenguinDust: No real point. SMT games are noted for having extremely time consuming end game bosses, with the optional ones being even harder. In SMT: Digital Devil Saga, you have a chance to fight the HitoShura, aka the main character from SMT 3: Noctune.  He takes about 45 minutes to kill. "
    Please help spare my sanity and call him the Demi-Fiend. There is absolutely no reason not to.
    fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fRAWRst
    @Eirikr: I suppose, but if stuff like that actually bothers you, you're going to have a hell of a life.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eirikr
    @fRAWRst: The only hell will be the hell you'll have to pay for shit-staining the one series that still keeps me interesting in gaming.
    fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fRAWRst
    @Eirikr said:
    " @fRAWRst: The only hell will be the hell you'll have to pay for shit-staining the one series that still keeps me interesting in gaming. "
    Demifiend sounds stupid as hell to me. Im not here to start a fight, im a fan of SMT too. I hope not everyone here at giant bomb is as tightly wound as you.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eirikr
    @fRAWRst said:
    " Demifiend sounds stupid as hell to me. Im not here to start a fight, im a fan of SMT too. I hope not everyone here at giant bomb is as tightly wound as you. "
    I'm not tightly wound, I just prefer to use English when communicating on English-based forums. I'm sorry the term Demi-Fiend isn't wapanese enough for you.

But that's the end of the insults. I'm sorry for getting so mad over something that's admittedly really stupid, but there's nothing more anal to me than fans that insist on going against the grain and using whatever the Japanese term for something is. It muddles communication, makes you look like an ass, and seems exclusionary to the others who don't use it.

The only thing more stupid is Atlus secret bosses. Seriously, fuck those things.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By zitosilva

Just curious, but what is the context in which she appears? She just shows up and decides to fight, or is there a purpose in doing so?

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By General_D23
    @zitosilva:
    She challenges the MC to a battle, so she can hopefully find out what was going through her sister's mind when Elizabeth left the Velvet Room. You need to complete P3 to really get it, but it is a nice little easter egg for those that did.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You could also fight Elizabeth in Persona 3 FES.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @Red said:
    " @Turambar said:
    " @Red: You don't need to have gotten the True Ending the first time. "
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure you do. "
    I only got the normal ending the first play through, and on my second play through was able to fight her. So, no, you don't.
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By xymox

Wow, so much clashing information here.    

So let me get it straight. On the second playthrough, after you go in for the orb you go in again?   

... Too bad I'm already at the boss on my 2nd. Gotta save something for the third I guess. Good thing there's a triangle button... Guuuuuuuuh. 

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By General_D23

Okay, here it is, copied from this source: Click Here     

Here is what you have to do (True Ending Spoiler): 

• Obtained True Ending on the first playthrough
    • 2nd cycle or later
    • Empress social link maxed before finishing Magatsu Inaba dungeon
    • The secondary bosses of all the dungeons are defeated before finishing Magatsu Inaba dungeon
    • On 3/20,once you followed the True Ending path and faced Izanami, you MUST enter the Velvet Room EDIT: Sorry, looks like I somehow erased the later part of this, but you have to enter the room BEFORE you enter the tv
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust
    @Hailinel:  Well, I was hoping for maybe a big ass sword, or maybe Margaret turns to you, like at the 10th level of a social link, and hands you an item: bragging rights. ;-)   I can't imagine what P5's trophy support might look like if it arrives on the PS3. 
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PureRok
    @General_D23: Too bad that information is wrong.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Darkstar614

I posted the videos of the fight in the "Endurance Run the Aftermath" thread, but I guess not everyone has watched the endurance run(crazy i know). The videos are easy enough to find on youtube though. If you don't have some really well-made persona, this fight can take a long time and be pretty annoying. But with the right preparation and patient fusing, you can make it much easier. Which makes some of the more tedious fuses actually worth something at the end of the game.

I remember trying to take the cheap way out making a Tri-auto Norn, and it took over 30 minutes of re-rolling it to get repel elec and all 3 autos. Luckily Igor didn't screw me when it finally came up.

Some other cool fuses:
     http://persona4.wikidot.com/recipe

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By General_D23

@PureRok: 
     ? 

That is a source I used heavily and has been cross-referenced many times. It is 100% accurate and verified. 

Here is another stating the same thing:  
    Click Here    

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Fallen189

Elizabeth was a thousand years ahead of her.

Main character only
    Second playthrough

If you used ANY persona with ANY immunity, she would one shot you.

Have fun at dinner.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hailinel
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Elizabeth was a thousand years ahead of her.  Main character only Second playthrough  If you used ANY persona with ANY immunity, she would one shot you.  Have fun at dinner. "
    Yeah.  Persona 3 was a more difficult game overall, and not just because you couldn't control your party members.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Elizabeth was a thousand years ahead of her.  Main character only Second playthrough  If you used ANY persona with ANY immunity, she would one shot you.  Have fun at dinner. "
    Yeah.  Persona 3 was a more difficult game overall, and not just because you couldn't control your party members. "
    Not really relevant but whatever: I think you played The Answer in P3 FES.  Would you consider The Answer to be difficult, or just troublesome?  Apart from the bosses, it was rather just grind festy.  But I gotta say, I died a lot against most of those bosses, mainly because of their "evade their weakness" crap.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hailinel
    @FluxWaveZ: I'd call The Answer difficult.  I played through Persona 3 on Normal Difficulty and had no experience with Hard, which is what The Answer is locked in at.  It requires a lot of grinding to be sure, but even with grinding and fusing, it is significantly more challenging than any portion of The Journey or any portion of Persona 4.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel said:
    " @FluxWaveZ: I'd call The Answer difficult.  I played through Persona 3 on Normal Difficulty and had no experience with Hard, which is what The Answer is locked in at.  It requires a lot of grinding to be sure, but even with grinding and fusing, it is significantly more challenging than any portion of The Journey or any portion of Persona 4. "
    Yeah, I had played Persona 3 on Normal difficulty when I had started so I also had no experience with the difficulty set on Hard.  To tell you the truth, most of my memories about The Answer, excluding plot moments, is a little hazy because it was so damn long I listened to podcasts while grinding.  But yeah, now that I think about it maybe most of my frustration was in part due to the difficulty of the whole thing.  Even fusing was hard because there was no Compendium...  Yeah, I guess it was rather hard.  Except for the fights against your teammates: I'm pretty sure all except for one of those was rather too easy for what you were supposed to be facing.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hailinel
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @FluxWaveZ: I'd call The Answer difficult.  I played through Persona 3 on Normal Difficulty and had no experience with Hard, which is what The Answer is locked in at.  It requires a lot of grinding to be sure, but even with grinding and fusing, it is significantly more challenging than any portion of The Journey or any portion of Persona 4. "
    Yeah, I had played Persona 3 on Normal difficulty when I had started so I also had no experience with the difficulty set on Hard.  To tell you the truth, most of my memories about The Answer, excluding plot moments, is a little hazy because it was so damn long I listened to podcasts while grinding.  But yeah, now that I think about it maybe most of my frustration was in part due to the difficulty of the whole thing.  Even fusing was hard because there was no Compendium...  Yeah, I guess it was rather hard.  Except for the fights against your teammates: I'm pretty sure all except for one of those was rather too easy for what you were supposed to be facing. "
    I never even got to the fights with the other team members.  I put the game away after getting to beaten down by it and found out about those battles after the fact.  I was just like "Wait, what?" about it because it seemed like they were trying too hard to hammer animosity and factioning into the group.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Hailinel: Oh, what!?  You should have went through with it like a man!  Heh, but when it happened, I did think it was rather well done and how they reacted seemed like how they really would have reacted except for one character: Yukari.  I don't know, but for the whole The Answer part she was a real bitch, especially when the possibilty came that she could see "him" again.  It seemed like she would even go to kill everyone one of her teammates to resurrect the main character if it came to that and I really didn't like how they made her seem that way.  I mean, I didn't particularly like her in the main game, but The Answer really made me dislike her.  And there was also Mitsuru.  Taking the side that Yukari chose was pretty out of character for her, but I guess her reasoning and approach to it made it seem more understandable than Yukari's "I just want to see him and no one will get in my way" and "I'm jealous that Aigis is the chosen one" attitude.

On the opposite end there was Junpei.  I really hated his behavior towards the leader (and his attitude in general oftentimes).  In The Answer, it was like he was the one who was actually the smartest in that situation and really made it seem like he would have made a better leader than anyone else there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.