Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

What's your favourite scene in P4?

Avatar image for relentlessknight
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By RelentlessKnight
    My favourite scene in P4 is the Cultural Festival. That beauty pageant was hilarious!
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

So far, the Port Island trip. It was nice seeing that place again, plus it had plentiful humor.
    Unfortunately, I haven't reached the Cultural Festival yet, but I've heard great things about it. :)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

The Cultural Festival was pretty great, but I think my favorite scene would be the Port Island trip...it was quite enjoyable and rather nice to see a few familiar faces (and places).

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By RedSox8933
    Kush said:
    "The Cultural Festival was pretty great, but I think my favorite scene would be the Port Island trip...it was quite enjoyable and rather nice to see a few familiar faces (and places)."
    I just got to the Port Island trip, so far its my favorite.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

Yeah, Port Island, specially the club scene, was great. But the cooking contest was also hylarious.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Pepsiman

I've mentioned this on my own blog before, but I'm rather partial to the King's Game. Faux-drunken Yukiko and Rise made for quite a bit of laughter for me, as well as just the situation itself in general.

For posterity's sake, I'll put up the video once again because it's just that damn awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Teddy inadvertently asks Chie and Yukiko to have sex with him after Kanji's dungeon. I actually put the controller down for a few minutes and just stared at the screen. I think the line was "Maybe we can try that scoring thing sometime."

That's my favorite so far. Still not done, though.

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Inf225

The eyeball boss easily, I forgot his name but hes freakin awesome. The battle is tough as shit and the music is awesome, and his animation is done so well you almost forget you're playing a ps2 game.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

Basically every scene with Teddie is awesome...He's like cannoli, he just makes everything better!

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fr0br0

It's a toss up between the club scene and the cook off. Oh, and the camping trip was hilarious too. Man, so many good memories of this game.

jlrm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By jlrm01

I think I liked the camping trip the most. However, almost all scenes made me laugh really hard or were very cool, so it is like giving one a "score" of 99.9 and another a 99.0: they all have high scores anyway. I agree with Kush, Teddie = awesome. And before playing P4 I had the idea that I would particularly dislike him (because he seemed the "mascot" / "cute thing" of the game, and my tolerance for those things is not as good as it used to be)...

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

The Cross dressing competition.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By agent_lost

Cultural Festival, hand down, nothing can beat that.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

Gunna have to go with the class trip. Plenty of good old nostalgia to go around.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By DJ_Lae

I'd have to say the class trip, if only because Chihiro was one of my favourite characters from Persona 3 and seeing her again was great.

As for smaller bits, the moment where they bust in on the girls in the hot springs and they hurl endless baskets at them is definitely up there. Where did they get all of them from? How did they throw them so quickly? We'll never know.

Ransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Ransom
    Inf225 said:
    "The eyeball boss easily, I forgot his name but hes freakin awesome. The battle is tough as shit and the music is awesome, and his animation is done so well you almost forget you're playing a ps2 game."
    the voice did it for me

spoilers btw if you haven't guessed

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pepsiman
    DJ_Lae said:
    "I'd have to say the class trip, if only because Chihiro was one of my favourite characters from Persona 3 and seeing her again was great.As for smaller bits, the moment where they bust in on the girls in the hot springs and they hurl endless baskets at them is definitely up there. Where did they get all of them from? How did they throw them so quickly? We'll never know."
    If the completely factual world of manga is to be held as true, Japanese women are apparently trained from birth to deal with onsen intruders in a variety of ways. Persona 4's scene is just one method out of many when it comes to defense techniques. This probably has something to do with evolutionary theory; it just makes sense that it's all a survival mechanism in the end. I know my boy Darwin would agree with me on this.
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RelentlessKnight

Not only Japanese women, Korean and even Chinese are trained with these "defense techniques". And boy! I have known this from experience.

SPOILERS

That eye-ball boss looks quite scary when he uses  "bewildering fog" . But its really easy if you have Chie and Yosuke.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

I choose to 'hold the line'.  Unfortunately, we were failed in catching the slightest of glimpses. Bathhouses and guys never have any luck in Persona games.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

It's because of those damn towels. Who wears towels in the hot springs?

I just got to the cultural festival last night. I got through most of it, switched the channel to watch TV, and fell asleep. When I woke up this morning, I turned off the PS2 because I don't like artificially increasing my play clock like that.
    So you know what this means? I get to watch the Culture Festival again!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Red

Culture festival. I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my spit.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pepsiman
    LordAndrew said:
    "It's because of those damn towels. Who wears towels in the hot springs?I just got to the cultural festival last night. I got through most of it, switched the channel to watch TV, and fell asleep. When I woke up this morning, I turned off the PS2 because I don't like artificially increasing my play clock like that. So you know what this means? I get to watch the Culture Festival again!"
    Remember, the only proper code of conduct at the Culture Festival is to either hardcore roleplay as a girl yourself when the time comes, or make sure Yosuke suffers quite a bit for being too slow to take a men's seat. The Culture Festival is even more of a matter of survival of the fittest than the hot springs, after all.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LordAndrew

I went the girl route, and then suggested that Kanji would be the best boy for me. I figured that would cause him to get angry. :) Although I did laugh at the "A girl" option.

RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I went to the girl's route too. As I picked Yosuke. Damn, you Naoto! For not wearing that sexy swimsuit! Oh well, I have her changed into her normal school clothes. Pretty sexy, if you asked me.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordAndrew

I like how Rise was about to come in, but then decided to take off. That was a smart move on her part.
    I would have liked to see Naoto in her swimsuit, but even without it she looked damn hot. Oh, and Teddie too. ;)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Milkman

I love them balls.

Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Murray

The camping trip, and the basket practice where Kou says: "I looove them balls!" It's awsome. Unlike everyone else I hate Teddie. He tries to score with my Chie, and he is annoying as fuck. I was so glad when he disappeared, but sadly enough he came back....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.