Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released May 24, 2011

A point-and-click adventure game developed by Ryan Henson Creighton (age 33) with art, voice, and music by Cassie Creighton (age 5).

Sissy's Magical Ponycorns Invade the iPad

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By alex

If you haven't read our previous coverage of Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure, the excruciatingly cute browser game dreamed up by Untold Entertainment developer Ryan Henson Creighton and his five-year-old daughter/creative director Cassie, then this story's headline probably makes about as much sense to you as the ramblings of a man having a massive stroke. Feel free to read up before continuing on with this story.

That lemon is such a dick.

Now that you have presumably spent the last 10 or 15 minutes cooing and squealing like a toddler in a Care Bear factory (an actual Care Bear factory, not the sweatshop where Care Bears are forced to manufacture rainbows and joy and greeting cards under the oppressive whip of their uncaring overlords at American Greetings), perhaps the news that Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure is now available to iPad owners everywhere is of some interest to you.

Retailing for $2.99, the game features all the same content as the browser version, minus any ads. While some may balk at the notion of paying a few dollars for an admittedly very short game they once played for free, I hereby invite you to look at this girl's face. Are you going to look at that face and tell her no, you won't buy her previously free-to-play game because it was previously free-to-play? Are you going to tell her that Ponycorns actually aren't that awesome and that $2.99 is too steep to have them on your iPad? If so, you're far stronger of will than I. And also a monster. A MONSTER.

If you're interested in contributing in other ways to the cause (funds previously donated to the game go directly to Cassie's education fund--over $3,000 has been raised thus far), there is also a gang of Ponycorn-related merchandise up on Untold's website, including some rather pricey plush toys, and a couple of pretty great t-shirts. Seriously thinking of grabbing that "I Am An Evil Lemon!" shirt, myself.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By alex

If you haven't read our previous coverage of Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure, the excruciatingly cute browser game dreamed up by Untold Entertainment developer Ryan Henson Creighton and his five-year-old daughter/creative director Cassie, then this story's headline probably makes about as much sense to you as the ramblings of a man having a massive stroke. Feel free to read up before continuing on with this story.

Now that you have presumably spent the last 10 or 15 minutes cooing and squealing like a toddler in a Care Bear factory (an actual Care Bear factory, not the sweatshop where Care Bears are forced to manufacture rainbows and joy and greeting cards under the oppressive whip of their uncaring overlords at American Greetings), perhaps the news that Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure is now available to iPad owners everywhere is of some interest to you.

Retailing for $2.99, the game features all the same content as the browser version, minus any ads. While some may balk at the notion of paying a few dollars for an admittedly very short game they once played for free, I hereby invite you to look at this girl's face. Are you going to look at that face and tell her no, you won't buy her previously free-to-play game because it was previously free-to-play? Are you going to tell her that Ponycorns actually aren't that awesome and that $2.99 is too steep to have them on your iPad? If so, you're far stronger of will than I. And also a monster. A MONSTER.

If you're interested in contributing in other ways to the cause (funds previously donated to the game go directly to Cassie's education fund--over $3,000 has been raised thus far), there is also a gang of Ponycorn-related merchandise up on Untold's website, including some rather pricey plush toys, and a couple of pretty great t-shirts. Seriously thinking of grabbing that "I Am An Evil Lemon!" shirt, myself.

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Olqavtoras

Looks kinda nice.

If I had a iPad i would pick this up.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

$2.99? Yuck. The game's cute and all, but it's not worth anything, really. The only reason someone should buy it, I would think, is out of good will.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

Similar concept (product developed by adult and child): Axe Cop: Bad Guy Earth. It's hilarious, give it a chance.

As for this game... ehrm... I don't have an iPad *shrugs*

admanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By admanb

@FluxWaveZ said:

$2.99? Yuck. The game's cute and all, but it's not worth anything, really. The only reason someone should buy it, I would think, is out of good will.

WOOOOOOOSH

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @admanb said: 

WOOOOOOOSH

Just saying that it's basically like a charity for an organisation, but it's for one girl.
    mbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By mbr

@FluxWaveZ said:

...said the miser/hobo/12 year old

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By B_Heart
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    Don't hate.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @B_Heart: I'm not hating... Meh, I know I'm heartless, but buying something based on its cuteness just seems useless to me. Certainly, many get a kick out of it.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

She looks like a young Theresa Wayman. 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Kyreo

Interesting, I guess.

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
    PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iGame coverage? I realize we're in a bit of a dry spell for games, but ew.

dox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dox

College is now so expensive parents are forcing their children to work for that tuition money. I might have to put a sewing machine in my child's room.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By tebbit

This game is for... sissy's?!

Qodot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Qodot

cassiebehave_super.jpg? Heh.

thehowlingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehowlingman

Never understood how people who can justify ponying up hundreds of dollars for an iPad go into fits over a couple dollars for a game.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RVonE

I really like the way Alex writes these stories.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By 49th

Is there a name for the thing writers do where they tell you to go read or do another thing before continuing on? I like that thing.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Damian
    @FluxWaveZ: lol! 
    Just think of it as the cute little girl is the developer, and her dad the publisher. As gamers we often support the developers beyond the gouging done by their publishers. 

BTW Alex is still Alex in this simile.
    StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StingerMK2

if i had an iPad i'd buy it just for the ease of showing others how frickin cute it is, a childs imagination is much more limitless then an adults, i really enjoy seeing what they come out with, hope they put together game number 2

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By xpgamer7

I wouldn't buy the game but I'll probably buy that evil lemon shirt.

Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Olivaw

FUCK THAT LEMON.

SON OF BITCH TRIED TO FUCK WITH MY PONYCORNS.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Brendan

A small part of me wishes I had an ipad so I could contribute to this girls college fund.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.