Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

Skate 3 - The Anger Returns

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By simian

Started playing yesterday and as my completionist nature, I have to Kill each and every challenge. It's a hard life but there is the satisfaction of finally pulling it off. My big gripe about this is that I'll spend sometimes hours trying to perform one particular challenge. Usually this is due to the obscure nature of the challenge request or just my inability but the end results are the same: simmering rage.
    Trying to kill the 'Bridging the Gap' challenge is driving me nuts. The requirements are to slide and gap the bridge supports which only differs slightly from the owning ('grind and gap the transfer'). Now I'm not sure what they mean by 'slide' (darkslide? nothing on the trucks?) but because of the angle and distance I have barely enough momentum to reach the support let alone gap it. I'll probably have to troll youtube to find what the in's and outs but it'd be nice if they included a visual on what exactly they're looking for.
    All I can say right now is that I can see a lot of teeth gritting and muttering cursing in my future.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By simian

Started playing yesterday and as my completionist nature, I have to Kill each and every challenge. It's a hard life but there is the satisfaction of finally pulling it off. My big gripe about this is that I'll spend sometimes hours trying to perform one particular challenge. Usually this is due to the obscure nature of the challenge request or just my inability but the end results are the same: simmering rage.
    Trying to kill the 'Bridging the Gap' challenge is driving me nuts. The requirements are to slide and gap the bridge supports which only differs slightly from the owning ('grind and gap the transfer'). Now I'm not sure what they mean by 'slide' (darkslide? nothing on the trucks?) but because of the angle and distance I have barely enough momentum to reach the support let alone gap it. I'll probably have to troll youtube to find what the in's and outs but it'd be nice if they included a visual on what exactly they're looking for.
    All I can say right now is that I can see a lot of teeth gritting and muttering cursing in my future.

Sweaterfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sweaterfish

Ah, my anger issues have caused me to turn off the game quite a few times. I believe it especially annoying when I grind something, as part of an objective, and they say I fail to do so. This was however only present when I had to grind a forklift, or some whatever it was.

McSmunions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McSmunions

i'm not sure what challenge you're referring to, but slides just mean boardslides, nose,tail, lip slides all count. i'm guessing darkslides too, but do you really need another challenge? and yes some of these of challenges are absurd. one of the early ones i found was to blunt side then gap over the bush, and on hardcore i feel like there's a force field on all ledges that pushes you away...ugh frustrating.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By simian
    @Sweaterfish:  I just did this one while I was waiting for my name to get called in TNT. Totally glitched it out though so I was lucky.
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By simian
    @McSmunions said:
    " i'm not sure what challenge you're referring to, but slides just mean boardslides, nose,tail, lip slides all count. i'm guessing darkslides too, but do you really need another challenge? and yes some of these of challenges are absurd. one of the early ones i found was to blunt side then gap over the bush, and on hardcore i feel like there's a force field on all ledges that pushes you away...ugh frustrating. "
    It's called Bridging the Gap and it's near the university (photo).
    I thought that was it but I was losing so much momentum near the end that I couldn't ollie off without stalling.
    I just threw in the towel and went to Normal instead. I've got too much on my plate release and DLC wise to get frustrated for no reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.